R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Sportsmanship or stupid? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/235412-sportsmanship-stupid.html)

blowpopracer 08-03-2008 02:55 PM

In the past I always did my best to move out of the way for faster traffic. To be honest I have had nothing but bad luck trying to do so. Im not running off road during summer but when I do start again this winter I will not be giving them the line. Im gonna run my line and if they can get around me then great but they can figure it out.

It just seems to me that if I try to go high its the same time they decide to go high to pass and we wreck then they are all bent out of shape cause we wrecked. So my new plan this year is just to run my line and not worry about faster traffic, but on the other hand Im obviously not going to block them either.

trdsupra88 08-03-2008 02:59 PM

If someone is going to lap you...they should be able to pass cleanly w/o you having to move...

AlanHall 08-03-2008 03:41 PM

thats what im saying ..dont do anything drastic..ease up a tiny bit..they will get around

Nay0k 08-03-2008 03:49 PM

You guys that refuse to let the leaders go when you're a lap down just make every race you're in a hack fest. I bet you try to pull that crap in qualifying too. You just end up messing up you and everybody else involved.

I usually make the A-main's at most big races I go to, so I deal with this alot. Let it be known that you're going to get punted by me if you're slow and you're in my way LOL

AlanHall 08-03-2008 04:00 PM

so your saying you would rather a slower less skilled driver try to swerve out of your way ?:confused: 90% of the time this has resulted way worse..you cant predict where hes goign to swerve when you come up on him to pass.. but if hes slow..and stays smooth id think he would be more predictable...right? i dont think we are talking about pros lapping pros at big even so much.. i think its more like local..when you will have as more spread skill level running the same class..i personally dont want some new guy swerving around tryin to get out of my way.

Furadi 08-03-2008 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nay0k (Post 4702478)
You guys that refuse to let the leaders go when you're a lap down just make every race you're in a hack fest. I bet you try to pull that crap in qualifying too. You just end up messing up you and everybody else involved.

I usually make the A-main's at most big races I go to, so I deal with this alot. Let it be known that you're going to get punted by me if you're slow and you're in my way LOL

+1... For starters, if your a lap down, there should be no question about moving out of the way or not... just MOVE.

As for slow drivers in general, you don't have to let faster drivers by per se if your on the same lap.. Just know that your usually going to get knocked out of the corner by faster guys.

and I don't mean your going to get hacked from behind or anything... But slower drivers tend to take corners wide while faster drivers tend to hug the pipe, if someone cuts up the inside of you in a turn and you try to tighten your line, your just going to get bumped by the faster guy thats already using that line.

Nay0k 08-03-2008 04:04 PM

Ofcourse he should get out of the way - he's basically a moving roadblock. I bet there've been many times when you were driving behind somebody on the highway in the fast lane doing 30 mph...should they not get out of the way? Should you just try and make your way around them because you're a better driver? No, but that's usually the case, and sometimes it doesn't end up well.

Oh yeah, if you're actually on the same lap, well it's racing so that's a given that they're not going to get out of the way... I'll play nice with that guy. But it's when the guys are a lap or more down that this crap usually happens, and you have to move them out of the way.

Furadi 08-03-2008 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by BigAlz (Post 4702506)
so your saying you would rather a slower less skilled driver try to swerve out of your way ?:confused: 90% of the time this has resulted way worse..you cant predict where hes goign to swerve when you come up on him to pass.. but if hes slow..and stays smooth id think he would be more predictable...right?

Every race i've ever been in, the slower drivers know to wait until a turn and take it wide. So the fast drivers can just hold there line.

Either way, the only way to pass is on the inside. If a slow driver decides to try and hold his line, a fast driver can't pass on the outside..

AlanHall 08-03-2008 04:08 PM

you guys saying slow people need to get out of the way.. explain a safe way for someone to do this? i said i simply ease up and maybe go a touch wide..and almost everytime they take the chance. and go by.. but im just saying most guys who are getting lapped 3 times dont have the control to safly do this.. how do you recamend doing it?

AlanHall 08-03-2008 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Furadi (Post 4702519)
Every race i've ever been in, the slower drivers know to wait until a turn and take it wide. So the fast drivers can just hold there line.

Either way, the only way to pass is on the inside. If a slow driver decides to try and hold his line, a fast driver can't pass on the outside..

like i said ..i ease up and drift a little wide...

Furadi 08-03-2008 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by BigAlz (Post 4702528)
like i said ..i ease up and drift a little wide...

That's all it takes;)

Nay0k 08-03-2008 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by BigAlz (Post 4702524)
you guys saying slow people need to get out of the way.. explain a safe way for someone to do this? i said i simply ease up and maybe go a touch wide..and almost everytime they take the chance. and go by.. but im just saying most guys who are getting lapped 3 times dont have the control to safly do this.. how do you recamend doing it?

Easy, they get out of the line and wait for the faster guy to pass. Then continue. It's not that complex.

UN4RACING 08-03-2008 04:18 PM

I go fast and try not to crash! I get out of the way in qualifiers and hold my line for the mains. If I'm getting shadowed real close I will just let them go even if I have to pull over and park. Usually the announcer in a heated battle up front will let you know when the battle is coming and I get out of the way quicker.

As far as moving over in a battle for position the person your racing has the same advantage or disadvantage.

So in short.....Giving way to the faster traffic is the best sportsman ship.
But just the same the faster traffic has to be a sportsman to a slower driver to and give'm a break. The adrenaline gets going fast or slow.;)

AlanHall 08-03-2008 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nay0k (Post 4702540)
Easy, they get out of the line and wait for the faster guy to pass. Then continue. It's not that complex.

you have never hit anyone who tried to hard to make this happen?

Nay0k 08-03-2008 04:21 PM

No, because they know they should wait until I pass to continue instead of just going 2 inches wide and just keep jamming on the throttle. I hit people who DON'T TRY AT ALL to make that happen.