R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Fun at JCG's in Dallas and motor theory (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/233093-fun-jcgs-dallas-motor-theory.html)

jrwoodchuck 07-20-2008 07:56 PM

Fun at JCG's in Dallas and motor theory

I want to say thanks for welcoming to JCG’s last night. I enjoyed my first time there. I got to meet a few great people, Domit (not a European name), Rod, Mike and thank you Bubba for pitting me all night. I’m still not sure what happened to my engine, but I think it was driver induced.

Here is my theory. Five minutes into the main I had a sizable lead so I backed off, and never went above ½ throttle, even in the straight. Well when I was doing that I think the motor loaded up and cooled off, and it seamed like the motor went rich. So Bubba leaned me out 2 hours at my 2nd pit stop, at that time Sean was catching up and I started pushing it again. Now with my engine tuned too lean, I couldn’t push it past ½ throttle fearing a flame out. So if I would have continued pushing it in the beginning, I might not have had the issue. (Being that it was tuned for racing and not putting around) Anyway, that’s my theory….

Thanks much all. Outside of the heat, I felt like I as racing back in Colorado

DOMIT 07-22-2008 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck (Post 4656394)
I want to say thanks for welcoming to JCG’s last night. I enjoyed my first time there. I got to meet a few great people, Domit (not a European name), Rod, Mike and thank you Bubba for pitting me all night. I’m still not sure what happened to my engine, but I think it was driver induced.

Here is my theory. Five minutes into the main I had a sizable lead so I backed off, and never went above ½ throttle, even in the straight. Well when I was doing that I think the motor loaded up and cooled off, and it seamed like the motor went rich. So Bubba leaned me out 2 hours at my 2nd pit stop, at that time Sean was catching up and I started pushing it again. Now with my engine tuned too lean, I couldn’t push it past ½ throttle fearing a flame out. So if I would have continued pushing it in the beginning, I might not have had the issue. (Being that it was tuned for racing and not putting around) Anyway, that’s my theory….

Thanks much all. Outside of the heat, I felt like I as racing back in Colorado

There's a new sandbagger in town! :lol: Nice to meet you Doug! Sorry I wasn't more talkative, I had motor issues all day that were frustrating me. You pretty much checked out in Sportsman class... pretty impressive given no more than you had run on that track.

I STRONGLY suggest skidplates for running at JCG... otherwise you won't get a season out of a chassis. (The extreme use of water this past weekend is NOT the norm!)