Community
Wiki Posts
Search

i need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default i need help

ok yall i am new 2 r/c's i have a sport maxx truck motor is 2.5 all stock i would like 2 get into truck pulling it is 2wd can someone help me and give me ideas what i could do 2 make it pull good thanks
Old 07-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Do not know much about sled pulling

Do not know much about sled pulling, but assume you need to pull a sled that gradually puts more weight on the sled and less on the wheels. So you need to have more torque than anything else. You do not need speed. So you will need the lowest clutch bell count you can get your hands on. You would then need to get the highest spur gear count. You may look and see if you can reduce the size of your tires. You also need to make sure your clutch engages correctly for the engine. gennerally on Nitro engines it is a little higher than you would think so you might want to pick a higher spring rate and lower weight clutch shoes. This will cause the clutch to engage later so you have more torque available, when you start moving. You may also want to use a carbon, or a material that slips more to limit possible engine damage. But I believe the gearing would be the biggest hurdle with high RPM low torque nitro engines.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you need 4wd...get a savage or like a LST2 or maybe a T-maxx for pulling