R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   who has ran a jammin 28 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/232500-who-has-ran-jammin-28-a.html)

sitinon22s 07-17-2008 12:40 AM

who has ran a jammin 28

has any one ran the jammin 28 in a revo, mt, or a truggy. i just got one and i am waiting for a few parts to get here to mount it up to my revo but i was just wondering if any one has had a lot of problems out of this motor. i think it is hit or miss with picco. i just hope that my motor wasnt made on friday at quiting time. i also would like to hear about any thing else related to this motor good or bad. and is it a good choice for the revo. i will post pic to the thread as soon as i get it mounted up. hopfully some time next week.

cheesecake 07-17-2008 04:13 AM

there are 6 of the jammin engines where i race i have one and i love it. and not one of them has problems just make sure you runa hot plug and you should be golden. i havent touched the needles on mine since i finished break in. follow the break in directions. they sound a bit out of the ordinary but they work.

stiffler297 07-17-2008 07:03 AM

I currently have 3 of them myself. These motors are awesome. One of them I actually changed to a standard button head and I don't see any difference at all. As for plugs. I run an OS P6 plug and that's what I've found works best. But I will say in hotter outside temps. I run the hotter plug.

Integra 07-17-2008 07:11 AM

the Jammin IS THE picco....there the Exact same motor's....That is if your Jammin .28 was a Bump start to begin with...If it was a Pullstart then the timing #'s might be different then a Bump .28.....either way the motor's a Monster...and should rip your revo a new 1.

buds302 07-17-2008 09:08 AM

a friend of mine had one in his jammin truggy. i had the radio in my hand... he started the truggy... mind you this was a brand new motor...only 2 tanks on it...

i flicked the throttle.. and the entire truck tried to jump off the box and onto the ground.

its got the power. you just have to have the control.

Integra 07-17-2008 12:18 PM

MMM POWER :lol:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...2039&ei=&hl=en

sitinon22s 07-18-2008 06:24 AM

i hope this thing is good cuz it has to last me untill oct. then i will be back in the USA. i am in the military and in italy at the moment. so the lhs is not an option for me. i cant get feed back ffom other drivers about different motors so i am limited to what the rc mags have to say about stuff. but i have read in the forums that it has had problems with the bearing leaking. so hopfully they will be good but if not i will just up grade them to some ceramic ones. the parts should be here next week so i will break it in on saturday. the only thing that i dont like about this motor in the revo or any bb for that matter is that it throws the weight balance of alot. so i have to switch out alot of stuff and move things around to get the revo set up how i like it. f/r 40/60 l/r 55/45 dry. give or take a few oz.

HaulinBass 07-18-2008 09:05 AM

The .28 is a good engine and allot more drivable than the p7 .21 varients

Maximo 07-18-2008 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by HaulinBass (Post 4650038)
The .28 is a good engine and allot more drivable than the p7 .21 varients

I actually think the P7 variants are faster then the .28....

malik 07-18-2008 09:50 AM

A friend of mine runs 1 in his Jammin truggy and it in my eyes is too much for him. He is alittle trigger happy if you ask me LOL. The power is definetly there. Longevity wise IDK. I heard them and the Picco's have alittle difference in them, I belive in the crank but dont quote me. The revo is very light for all that I would have put a decent .21 in there and it still would have been too much so have fun. I think the Jammin .21 is a faster motor top end wise. On bottum there is no replacement for displacement.

HaulinBass 07-18-2008 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Maximo (Post 4650103)
I actually think the P7 variants are faster then the .28....

LOL neil I said drivable not "balls to the wall" I never could get the hang of the JPX .21s snap.In corners where i could hammer the throttle with The .28 and pull through I was looping out constantly with the .21 it just gets on the pipe so damn quick.
To the poster above me the .28 says it has more torque and dyno charts say its the more powerfull motor but the .21 is faster from bottom to top IMO

sitinon22s 07-20-2008 01:03 PM

what would be good gearing for this combo. i have cr now. what would be good for the cb and sg? i think i just have to play with it. any input?

hyper7boy 07-20-2008 03:40 PM

The JPX .28 is decent motor. But for the price, go with a VZB!

pdmustgt 07-20-2008 04:26 PM

I have both jammin 21 and 28 but the 21 is easier to drive. The 28 has so much torq makes to harder to drive.

chrobar 07-20-2008 05:13 PM

From what I've seen at the track, the jammin' engines have tons of power, but they are pigs on fuel. According to the owners of the motors, they get 6 minute run times with both.