Mugen MBX5T diff and shock rebuild??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX5T diff and shock rebuild??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Questions?? Mugen MBX5T diff and shock rebuild??

how often should i rebuilt the diffs and the shocks in the truggy. i run it roughly 1 time every 2 weeks for racing

thanks!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i rebuild my diffs after every two weeks of racing... if it is an all weekend race i normally rebuild before the mains. as far as shocks go i will just top of and rebuild if the fluid still looks clear. when the oil looks coloudy or they do not feel right i will will give them a complete rebuild
Old 07-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminnay
i rebuild my diffs after every two weeks of racing... if it is an all weekend race i normally rebuild before the mains. as far as shocks go i will just top of and rebuild if the fluid still looks clear. when the oil looks coloudy or they do not feel right i will will give them a complete rebuild
+1
Old 07-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Can someone explain what a complete reguild is? I normally take it apart, clean and inspect it, the refill with new fluid. I check that bearings turn smoothly, inspect orings for tears, I don't replace gakets and orings everytime.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pooldoc
Can someone explain what a complete reguild is? I normally take it apart, clean and inspect it, the refill with new fluid. I check that bearings turn smoothly, inspect orings for tears, I don't replace gakets and orings everytime.
I replace the o rings every time.. I use the tony screws o rings.
They like 20 for $2
You should inspect your diff case/cup for any wear in the slots, and make sure the threads aren't striped. I also use 2 paper gaskets, and longer screws.
Good Luck!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I only bash, never been to the track before.. but I have my car at WOT for 10 seconds at a time.

usually put about 5 galons per summer on my car, I also only clean it once per summer. I have yet to change my dogbones, diff cups, spur gear, front and rear diff oil/bearings. and it runs perfectly fine.