R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   8ight vs. RC8 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/231682-8ight-vs-rc8.html)

Crim3Wav3 07-14-2008 09:47 AM

hmmm...the BBQ Blast is not just a "win"....it's the biggest race in the Northeast!

Nice job Mikey! :nod::nod::nod:

vladconnery 07-14-2008 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by 1RC_ROOKIE (Post 4634731)
Losi.......

I have no experiance with any of the other buggys. so this is a one sided opinion. I have been racing the 8ight RTR with some hop ups competitivly and this thing has been a rock, only thing i really broke was the antenna tube :lol: and the usual clutch bearing and shoes, i am still running the thin stock RTR shock towers. and after putting the stable east to drive set up in it it just feels awsome. Get the 8ight so what if people say its harder to drive, once you get some practise you be happy to have all that handling performace on tap. I would rather have to dial down the performace when its not needed than to not have it availble when its needed.

hope that helps.
Dan.

exactly!!!

why not have all the precision and steering you could want. Dial it back to your skill level. Increase it as you increase your skill level. there are throttle setiings between idle - WOT, brakes settings between off-full on stop. Just because your car has 500 horses you don't need to use em all all the time.

'' Well I had an RC8 from the beginning of the summer until a couple weeks ago, I decided to try a losi and yesterday was my first day on the car. And I am know completeley a losi fan! To me it was just more in the track where the ae is just a little more loose and on a rough track without big bores can be a handful (especially without the shock mods). the losi seems to center up better on the straightaway. for me I was a 3rd to 4th place car every week and yesterday first day with the losi I got my first win.''

Congratulations!

Hate2Looz 07-14-2008 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by dead1dave (Post 4630011)
I know this is not quite the answer your looking for but both are real good . I have the Losi and the handling characteristics are just flat out awsome !!!!!!!!.........there is not one thing that the car does not do for me .I have had awsome luck with mine and with a little periodic maintainence it has been bulletproof .

AAALLL my buddies are on the RC8 bandwagon right now ..........geared well , jumps well , takes the rough as good as any car , but in the 4 or 5 different ones I have driven they seem to not steer very well . I hate that . Still a good car . I see the thrill of this car wearing off already though simply because the car has not quite turned out to be as good as all the hype .

At a big race with about 150 entries I rank right about the middle of the pack.....so with me considering myself to be a average beginner to intermediate driver at this time I felt the Losi was the easiest car for me to be fast with .

Although I don't have any real time with the Losi, saying the RC8 doesn't
turn well is completely backwards from everything that I have been told
from every person that has ever driven my RC8. That includes Losi drivers,
Jammin' drivers and Mugen drivers.

As for the comments about the AE not being robust, I thought the same
way about mine honestly until I found out about the service pack that I
just got today that will hopefully fix all my issues with gearboxes. I also have
my updated tank that should take care of that issue also. Besides, my brother
just bought his first ever r/c this year and it ended up being an RC8 RTR.
Now, if anybody can test the durability of a buggy it would have to be him,
honestly. :nod: I've seen that thing miss more jumps, smack off more things
and get just down right pummled to death with just one failure.......A c-hub.
And that was because he was rolling over a jump that someone mis-judged
and landed on top of him breaking my brothers car. I checked it over myself
yesterday at the track and it runs, steers and handles just as well as it did
when it was new. He's got a gallon and a half on it now......The hard way.
LOL!!

CarCrazy 07-14-2008 05:08 PM

Here is a video of a 1st week track test of the RC8... Nice!

http://www.undergroundrc.com/videos.aspx?uID=39

Nat21 07-16-2008 02:12 AM

Thanks for the informative info. I think ill go Losi

tdeal823 07-16-2008 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by revracer222 (Post 4630022)
well i have the losi right now and i really like it, just things wear out really fast and one of the things that happen to me with that car was every time the car would flip over it would lean out like crazy so i changed the fuel tank thinking it had a leak and pressure was getting out but that wasnt the case so i still have to figure that out?

Make sure your fuel line is not coming out of the tank. Your fuel filter(clunk) should be all the way towards the motor. look inside the tank you will see a small divot on the bottom of the tank. your filter should be all the way back. Not hitting the back wall of the tank, but just short of hitting the wall.

Good luck, Both cars are great. I have the 8ight and a good friend has the RC8 we are both very close in driving skills. both cars are about equal on the track. I like mine better and he likes his better.
Its personal preference.

XXXDad 07-17-2008 07:32 PM

Losi enough said!:tire:

Loop&Roll 07-17-2008 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by XXXDad (Post 4648245)
Losi enough said!:tire:

RC8 PANTS DOWN, ENOUGH SAID!!:batman: