Wiki Posts
Search

maifield grp and the nats told ya so

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
So....... did he actually use the GRP motor at the Truggy Nat' then?? Article said " Maifield was less than happy with his GRP engines for sometime". He was called and ask what motor he used after the Buggy Nat, and said a GRP, and laughed at the rumor of it being a OS Speed. Now we all know that was a lie. I guess one will never know the truth on what motor actually won the Truggy Nat's.

I really don't care what motor or equipment top sponsored Pro's use, but to lie and say there using one thing when they are using something else is very unprofessional IMO. A lot of club racers (And other top racers) at influenced by how certain drivers do at national level races, and now that trust has been hurt.

Sad.....
Its not sad it is a fact of life, and happens often. Drivers are paid to represent products, and win races. Sometimes those 2 things are mutually exclusive, and competitive products are needed to win said races. Maybe the driver was not getting the level of support he needed from his sponsor.

The bottom line is that this issue is between the driver and his sponsor, and it is really no one elses business. It is for them to decipher if any contractual obligations were broken. Does it mean GRP engines are any worse or better than they were a week ago? No. I understand these drivers and their wins are used as a marketing tool, but perception is 9/10 of reality.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:16 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by largeorangefont
Its not sad it is a fact of life, and happens often. Drivers are paid to represent products, and win races. Sometimes those 2 things are mutually exclusive, and competitive products are needed to win said races. Maybe the driver was not getting the level of support he needed from his sponsor.

The bottom line is that this issue is between the driver and his sponsor, and it is really no one elses business. It is for them to decipher if any contractual obligations were broken. Does it mean GRP engines are any worse or better than they were a week ago? No. I understand these drivers and their wins are used as a marketing tool, but perception is 9/10 of reality.
It IS sad, people buy things based on what these top drivers run. If a company can just buy their products name into the results sheet, without it actually being used, it's very disturbing to me.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:30 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME WARP
some people owe me an apology:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...light=MAYFIELD

for all you who called me out saying it wasnt true here you go...now either put your tail between your legs and hide or man up and apologize

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=4279
Boo Hoo. Who cares?
i guess i do exspecially when you got a roar official not telling the truth
You have 7 total posts on this forum, and 6 of them have to do with your obsession with Maifield.

I suggest you get over it, or keep your business in the closet.

At least when you cyber-stalked Hannah Montana you had the excuse she was female.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Swen
It IS sad, people buy things based on what these top drivers run. If a company can just buy their products name into the results sheet, without it actually being used, it's very disturbing to me.
That is precisely why you should not buy anything solely because of racing sucess. The vast majority of us are not pros, and what they run is not necessarily what will make you as an individual faster. Is it fair that the pros, get better/prototype parts that you can't get to help them win? Absolutley, it is part of R&D and racing.

If you want to blindly go out and buy whatever setup wins every week, go ahead. I disregard that and buy based on my own research and experience with a product at my local track.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:12 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Start your own RC sanctioning body if you dont like it. Call it DUMB.
i'm typing this from the floor lol

R
Old 07-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

It's just like the '07 Nats where Drake said he was using Losi tires but really was on Proline. Here's the Neobuggy link...

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=2634
Old 07-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Suspended

some people owe me an apology:

for all you who called me out saying it wasnt true here you go...now either put your tail between your legs and hide or man up and apologize
.... and I heard Hannah Montana is a ho, Dr. Phil's wife is leaving him, Lenny Kravitz has bad hair days all the time, and Britney Spears is fat and lost her kids...

... who really cares ??
Old 07-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The thing with sponsorships is you must give the details or promote your sponsors name brand at events. Whats stated and whats actual has always been an issue. Same goes for Cavalieri. He had AE stickers all over his cars, but the truggy was a Kyosho ST-RR.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
The thing with sponsorships is you must give the details or promote your sponsors name brand at events. Whats stated and whats actual has always been an issue. Same goes for Cavalieri. He had AE stickers all over his cars, but the truggy was a Kyosho ST-RR.
Right but everyone knew it was a K truck and that is what was on the listing for chassis. He wasn't trying to hide that at all. I understand why Maifield said it was a GRP but I don't like that things have to be that way. Maifield ran the OS because he felt it would give him a better shot at winning. Just because someone isn't a national level driver it is still nice to know what's happening. If he is having trouble with the GRP motors then so could the average joe.

Personally I run OS and am very happy.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swen

I wholeheartedly agree.

Beyond the fact that it creates controversy among us enthusiasts, there are also very serious legal implications that could come back to bite GRP/Maifield in the bum, which is why I think it may have been GRP that actually terminated the relationship.

I'll quote for you from section 380 of the Criminal Code of Canada. It's likely very similar to what you have in the US, albeit worded differently:

"380. (1) Every one who, by deceit, falsehood or other fraudulent means, whether or not it is a false pretence within the meaning of this Act, defrauds the public or any person, whether ascertained or not, of any property, money or valuable security or any service,

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to a term of imprisonment not exceeding fourteen years, where the subject-matter of the offence is a testamentary instrument or the value of the subject-matter of the offence exceeds five thousand dollars; or

(b) is guilty

(i) of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or

(ii) of an offence punishable on summary conviction,

where the value of the subject-matter of the offence does not exceed five thousand dollars."

Now that I think about it, wasn't there also a class-action suit against Losi/Horizon for labelling products not made in the usA as "MADE IN THE USA"?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

who cares? he tried it and didnt like it. if you had trouble with a nitro engine would you keep running it? doesnt mean that someone is bad or the product is bad..
Old 07-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by captain america
I wholeheartedly agree.

Beyond the fact that it creates controversy among us enthusiasts, there are also very serious legal implications that could come back to bite GRP/Maifield in the bum, which is why I think it may have been GRP that actually terminated the relationship.

I'll quote for you from section 380 of the Criminal Code of Canada. It's likely very similar to what you have in the US, albeit worded differently:
You either failed reading comprehension in gradeschool, the bar exam, or don't understand how things work in the real world or in any form of autosports ~~~

~~~ or is it just that you're Canadian - eh?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

man where is dawn at she was the one who said she just talked to mayfeild an he wasnt running a os

I just called Ryan and he laughed.. yea right.. he's not going to run product as per his contract at a national event.... LOL

And, newb Rick.... c'mon.. get it right...
[email protected]

way to go roar now u really look like a HORSES AZZ

i lost all my faith in roar after dawn took over an now everyone can see why

sure would love to see her explanation now :h a:
Old 07-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Suspended

Red face

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
man where is dawn at she was the one who said she just talked to mayfeild an he wasnt running a os

I just called Ryan and he laughed.. yea right.. he's not going to run product as per his contract at a national event.... LOL

And, newb Rick.... c'mon.. get it right...
[email protected]

way to go roar now u really look like a HORSES AZZ

i lost all my faith in roar after dawn took over an now everyone can see why

sure would love to see her explanation now :h a:

As someone else so elequently stated ~~ "There ya go buddy...."

Old 07-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theDr
You either failed reading comprehension in gradeschool, the bar exam, or don't understand how things work in the real world or in any form of autosports ~~~

~~~ or is it just that you're Canadian - eh?
Since you seem intent on criticizing, why don't you enlighten us all on "
how things work in the real world or in any form of autosports."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.