Rook in need of advice

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rook in need of advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Losi 8ight I think it is the most durable and cost effective and every hobby shop will carry parts for it. You really don't need any other upgrades like some other cars. your list is a good one although. You may want to run what most other guys are running in your area so if you break someone my be able to help you out if you don't have parts. Just my .02

http://www.fthobbies.com
Old 07-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I would buy the Xray but having the most expensive buggy and not being able to drive it would make me look very stupid. Especially when I would get laped by a redcat or an XTM heavens forbid an ebay special. I need skills first then a nice buggy. Besides if I get it now I got nothing to work for. Although there is a clean and I mean clean X8EC for sale near me. My LHS CarolinasRC carries Xray, LOSI, MUGEN & Associated and the parts
Old 07-12-2008, 04:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Thank You,

All who replied to my post. This is a follow up to let you know the outcome. I hate it when people post a thread and don't follow up with the outcome. I decided on the LOSI mainly because it was the only one that would not be out of date before the end of the year. Not to mention I got an outstanding deal on the buggy. Race roller with humpback, nip clutch and bell, spanking new chasis, jr servos, 3 sets of bowties and all the little tools and extras + a JP 2 pipe which I desperately needed. For less than the price of a used roller. I was really leaning towards the Mugen had almost struck a deal for one. Decided against it as I thought about it would be out of date shortly. Now if could just figure out how to post a pic of it for you guys.

Thanks Again
Vlad
Old 07-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vladconnery
Thank You,

All who replied to my post. This is a follow up to let you know the outcome. I hate it when people post a thread and don't follow up with the outcome. I decided on the LOSI mainly because it was the only one that would not be out of date before the end of the year. Not to mention I got an outstanding deal on the buggy. Race roller with humpback, nip clutch and bell, spanking new chasis, jr servos, 3 sets of bowties and all the little tools and extras + a JP 2 pipe which I desperately needed. For less than the price of a used roller. I was really leaning towards the Mugen had almost struck a deal for one. Decided against it as I thought about it would be out of date shortly. Now if could just figure out how to post a pic of it for you guys.

Thanks Again
Vlad
Good job
Old 07-12-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vladconnery
Thank You,

Thanks Again
Vlad
Your right, the way losi has been dropping cars these last few years it wont be outta date by the end of the year, I give it till next month and it is out of date lol.

Good purchase though, just remember practice all you can, slow is fast, shiny side down, rubber side up, and 50 points for every corner mashall you hit. 100 points if you take them off there feet.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
Your right, the way losi has been dropping cars these last few years it wont be outta date by the end of the year, I give it till next month and it is out of date lol.

Good purchase though, just remember practice all you can, slow is fast, shiny side down, rubber side up, and 50 points for every corner mashall you hit. 100 points if you take them off there feet.
The 8ight is still ahead of its time. The only thing close to it in design is the 808 and its almost an exact copy..
Old 07-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It was a joke man, yeah it will be awhile before its updated, what makes it so far head of its time, skinny chassis that flexes like plywood?? plastic steering knuckles??? Or is it the big shocks??? Maybe the fact you gotta set the gear mesh sloppy as hell to make clutch bearings last. How is it that revolutionary??? Its just another 8th scale buggy, yeah there all different yeah they all have there own carateristics, but when it comes down to it, they are all very similar.

And dont give me race results for answers, you can give the best drivers in the world any buggy out there and they are still going to win, regardless of how old, how new, how stiff, or how big the shocks are.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
And dont give me race results for answers, you can give the best drivers in the world any buggy out there and they are still going to win, regardless of how old, how new, how stiff, or how big the shocks are.
How TRUE that is!!! Nobody seems to realize that. I wann get this buggy or that truck cause Cavalieri or Drake is FAST with it. Dude, you can give either one of those two a shoebox with wheels and a 10lb electric motor and they will STILL win. It's all about going to the track and finding someone who will let you take their car for a few laps and see which car you are the most comfortable with. Also, guys like Cavalieri and Drake are fast because they are infinately knowledgeable about set up, and that is the KEY to having a fast car, along with learning to drive. And the other dude is right, slow is FAST. Take your time, keep it off the pipes and learn that there are throttle settins between off and full throttle and there are more then just lock to lock for steering.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Jammin' buggies are cheap to own and maintain, mugens are very good and easy to drive, RC8's are fast and light, and Losi 8ights are nimble and quick. With that being said my vote is:

Hotbodies Lightning LOL

But i guess my point is It all preference. Look how many different opinions and experience there are in the thread. Personally i don'r own a buggy, i own a truggy, but my brother has a Cen Matrix with Jammin threaded shocks on it and a Go Tech .21 7port and it is quick, durable, jumps well and was cheap. My best friend has a Jammin X1CR pro also with a Go Tech .21 7port, and it too is qucik, durable, jumps well, and didn't cost him a fortune to build or maintain.
At our track, there is no dominating force. There are a couple of kyoshos, a jammin, a cen, a losi 8ight, an RC8, a hyper 8.5, a hyper 7, a mugen, and a Sportwerks. The Kyoshos don't always win and the sportwerks isn't always last like some would think.
My brother and my best Friend were newbs to 8th scale going into this summer, and neither of them have had to do much to there buggies to make them competive and they are both finish near the front consistently.