Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
How many Gallons do you have on your current race rig and what have you replaced? >

How many Gallons do you have on your current race rig and what have you replaced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many Gallons do you have on your current race rig and what have you replaced?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default How many Gallons do you have on your current race rig and what have you replaced?

I have about 11.5 gallons on my 8ight since April. Parts I've replaced due to breakage, R spindle, F and R hinge pin covers, and a wing mount. Parts I've replaced due to wear, F drive shaft, rear diff housing and the ackerman plate.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Furadi
I have about 11.5 gallons on my 8ight since April.
I like your pace
Old 07-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
I like your pace
Yea, I ran a lot when I first got my 8ight.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ive got about 2 to 3 gallons on my muggy and the parts ive replaced are some bearings throught out and the only parts ive broke were a rear body post
Old 07-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have just about 20 gallons on my Rc8 since the end of december. It's now like a Samouri sword that has had it's handle and blade replaced a few times. I am shopping around right now for a chassis as that's about the only larger part that hasn't been replaced and you could probably shave with it.
If it's plastic it's been replaced, the rear and centre diffs i replaced but didn't really need to... they are bullet proof. The outdrives have only needed doing once throughout.

I also have done 2 RB WS7's in 20 gallons, someone has the first one still and i'm told it's still a good runner.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Just sold my 8IGHT that had over 30+ Gallons (2.5 years old) and replaced more parts do to wear then I could ever recall. (Probably had 2 complete buggy worth of rebuilds) But very little do to breakage though. Good buggy, but wore out parts like crazy.

I have over 2.5 Gallons on my X-Ray 808 now, and haven't broken a single part, or wore out a single part. (Beside clutch parts) Its still just a tight ( But free) as the day I built it. I'm extremely happy with my 808......
Old 07-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Many many gallons and I've replaced bulkeads and bearings. This new xray XB808 is a really good buggy.

from today...
Old 07-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarCrazy
Many many gallons and I've replaced bulkeads and bearings. This new xray XB808 is a really good buggy.

from today...
Nice. I wanted to run that race this weekend. 3rd in expert A main... good job! How many racers were out there?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Buggy--20+ gallons. Every single piece, including the chassis, except the nuts, bolts, and screws. But mine started as a RTR two years ago. Probably a gallons' worth of diff fluid and shock oil. Bodies and tires.

Truggy--5 gallons roughly. Clutch shoes twice. Several CB bearings. Diff fluid and shock oil several times. Couple of wheel bearings. Couple of wheel nuts. Tires, but I am due to replace the body real soon.

Gas truck--7 gallons or so. Aside from the occassional A-arm and diff rebuild every couple of gallons, nothing but the fuel and plugs. Tires, but I am due for a new body soon.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

3 gallons on a used Jammin X1CR. Replaced the spur gear due to a rock. That and clutch bearings, and center diff bearings... not one single other part. The car had about 6 gallons on in prior, with nothing replaced.

It DOES have the CNC top plate, King Headz knuckles, and 7th hole mod on the rear tower... and the carbon inserts in the front tower. No wear or breakage.

Motor has 6 gallons on it... finally needs a con rod.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by largeorangefont
Nice. I wanted to run that race this weekend. 3rd in expert A main... good job! How many racers were out there?

They had around a 100+ racers this weekend, at least an A & B in every class. The days of 200+ aren't happening because of the economy.
The Odonnell team was super fast, and lapped everyone every heat. That Steven Hartman kid, is as fast as Drake & Truhe easy.... He might be the next Drake, hes only 16..!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Buggy: 8IGHT
Gallons: Dunno, been racing it pretty much every weekend for a year (built/first race July 2007). Guessing 20+ gallons about.

Breakages: 1 Left front arm, 1 spindle, and 1 carrier (cased a HUGE tripple). Stripped out 1 rear shock shaft (droop set to low). Replaced tank once and tank cap once. Broke wing once. Broke 2 or 3 lower shock eyelets and a few torn shock boots. Also broke the front inner Hinge Pin Retainer once.

Wore out: Rear plastic diff insert wore out, replaced with aluminum. Center CVD's have been rebuilt twice. New clutch shoes 3 or 4 times.

All the other plastics are fine, so are the diffs, gears, and outdrives.

Couple bodies. Countless tires.

Car has had 3 Engines in it.

No broken Servos.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They had around a 100+ racers this weekend, at least an A & B in every class. The days of 200+ aren't happening because of the economy.
The Odonnell team was super fast, and lapped everyone every heat. That Steven Hartman kid, is as fast as Drake & Truhe easy.... He might be the next Drake, hes only 16..!
Sounds good. I'll probably be out there the 9th for club racing.

I can't complain about missing last weekends race too much, as I was in Hawaii. I did want to run, and it has been years since I've ran a big race. I'll have to catch the next one.

Last edited by largeorangefont; 07-28-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

from today...

What are parts availability in SoCal like? (That was Revs right?). I haven't seen one here yet. Back in the UK they are obviously easy for back up.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Availability is getting better for parts and kits, people are starting to notice the few Xrays around here are top 5 or better every time lately. So demand and prices will go up soon...

Revs has Airland Hobbies stocking the kits and parts when available, the stock is still building.

Here is a link to the Airland Hobbies site, they have done a great job with the site and have a huge number of product listings. Check it.

http://www.airlandhobbies.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.