Wiki Posts
Search

New Carbs? Have a stuck one!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default New Carbs? Have a stuck one!

Hello, after running my first Off-Road Race with a Vintage OFNA Buggy, its now time to finish my Sportwerks Turmoil Pro Buggy. Ive got what i beleive is a Fantom Nitro Engine. The head is Red, and on the block its has F with 3.5cc underneath it. It has somewhat good compression, but its the only engine i have.

Now for the problem. Its a Slide Carb, but its stuck closed! Ive tried everything from DeepCreep to heating it up. and it still wont come lose. So ive decided on a new Carb. So whats a good Carb to consider? Or do you guys have any more ideas on fixing my carb?

Thanks in advance, Blake
Old 06-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

is a new motor all together out of the budget ?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hrnts69
Hello, after running my first Off-Road Race with a Vintage OFNA Buggy, its now time to finish my Sportwerks Turmoil Pro Buggy. Ive got what i beleive is a Fantom Nitro Engine. The head is Red, and on the block its has F with 3.5cc underneath it. It has somewhat good compression, but its the only engine i have.

Now for the problem. Its a Slide Carb, but its stuck closed! Ive tried everything from DeepCreep to heating it up. and it still wont come lose. So ive decided on a new Carb. So whats a good Carb to consider? Or do you guys have any more ideas on fixing my carb?

Thanks in advance, Blake
Is the idle screw all the way open by chance?
Old 06-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

If you left the engine lying around for a long time. My guess is that your engine is all gummed up inside causing your carb to get stuck. If that happend to me I would remove all the needles and take the whole carb assembly apart. If im not mistaken you can unscrew the idle needle all the way out and that would free the slide. You could try prying it out then.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I bought the engine at a Swap Meet for $5. Yes, a new .21 engine is out of the budget unless its under $110. I backed out all the screws, and nothing happen. Will prying on the slide inside the carb hurt it? Might have to try that??
The engine turns over, but not alot of compression. Is there a rebuild kit for these engines?
Old 06-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I bought the engine at a Swap Meet for $5. Yes, a new .21 engine is out of the budget unless its under $110. I backed out all the screws, and nothing happen. Will prying on the slide inside the carb hurt it? Might have to try that??
The engine turns over, but not alot of compression. Is there a rebuild kit for these engines?

a rebuild is normally 100-200 pending on what kind of motor it is and how far u want to take it....piston and sleeve....rod...bearings.......so in reality....i would get Saving and look for a new .21 of some sort.....Gotech's are cheep and reliable. check em out.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Email Brian - [email protected] - he is a Go Tech dealer and might be able to get you a new .21 and fit your budget at the same time. That way you will have a great engine and you can take your time and mess with the swap meet one to try and turn it into a backup.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks in advance, Blake

Drop couple of oil into carburator opening, and slides the throthle slider couple of times. Do this again for every maintenance time.