Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
temporary AM radio for 1/8 nitro buggy....will i be safe?? >

temporary AM radio for 1/8 nitro buggy....will i be safe??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

temporary AM radio for 1/8 nitro buggy....will i be safe??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

wow......lmao..........uhhh, im picking up an m8 to get me by, hell I may just DSM equip it and forget about the dx3r
Old 06-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Integra
uhhh i call BS....AM plain out sucks...why do some many n00bs have runaways then UN4RACING ?
Originally Posted by wes95_z28
Integra, Im really starting to question if you actually know what your talking about.
don't worry about it, he doesn't have a clue.
n00bs have trouble with runaways and all sorts of issues regardless of what kind of radio system they run - all as a result of something they're doing wrong, and not as a result of the equipment.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have an old school tank. guess what it runs of.... 8 channels of pure AM. My grandpa had that thing 10 or so years before i was born. im 21 now and i have it, and its still running strong. it has some oldschool 540 motor with capacitors and everything.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (89%+)

Originally Posted by dieseldog20
i have an old school tank. guess what it runs of.... 8 channels of pure AM. My grandpa had that thing 10 or so years before i was born. im 21 now and i have it, and its still running strong. it has some oldschool 540 motor with capacitors and everything.

NOW THATS WAT IM TALKIN BOUT.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldschoolracer
don't worry about it, he doesn't have a clue.
now thats Funny.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

uhhh i call BS....AM plain out sucks...why do some many n00bs have runaways then UN4RACING ?
The Q is how many runaways are from Crystals. Its usually due to battery or glitches from the receiver being to snug. Rarely will you have a runaway due to frequency. Unless it a conflict. Dang near every RTR in the world is running AM.
There safe to run.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

EXACTLY. If AM was junk then why would they still be using it in RTR's.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Suspended

now that's Funny.

especially since it has nothing to do with it
Old 06-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 70 (99%+)

LOL this thread cracks me up
Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer
EXACTLY. If AM was junk then why would they still be using it in RTR's.

why would losi step it up and give out a spectrum radio with the RTR's.....hrmmm...maby cuz there Significantly better then any Junk AM radio that comes with a RTR....MG i cant beleive some of u are honestly trying to claim AM is better then FM...what has the world come to.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well now your getting into bigger stuff here. spectrum recievers are on a 2.4 ghz range FAR different than and FM or AM transmitter. with AM there is less freqency issues than there are with FM. everything now adays are on FM frequencies.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i run AM too and no problems well actually the only problem ive had was the batterys were low and then it had started glitching but as long as you keep the batts full of power youll have no problems
Old 06-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Suspended

why would losi step it up and give out a spectrum radio with the RTR's.....hrmmm...maby cuz there Significantly better then any Junk AM radio that comes with a RTR....MG i cant beleive some of u are honestly trying to claim AM is better then FM...what has the world come to.
likely because Horizon Hobbies Inc. OWNS Losi AND also OWNS Spektrum, so it is economically feasible for them to do so

BUT the "Spektrum" radios they give out with the RTRs, while using the 2.4ghz spread spektrum radio technology, are the same cheap old radios they were giving out with their earlier FM-radioed RTRs. They dressed up the pig, but it's still a pig!

what is shocking is that you're suggesting something that is not factual
please if you have some technical expertise or information to substantiate your claims post them here
otherwise stop your ranting because people have been using and will continue to use AM radios with no troubles
a frequency or bandwidth doesn't make any one radio better than another, the actual radio itself makes the difference
Old 06-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Shear brilliance to corner the market. Not because they suck but because the #1 headache a new racer has at the track is conflict. Losi is the leader in RTR in my book due to there radios. But if it was because AM sucked they would have put in better servos first.

Its a selling power ploy no crystals.
Obviously FM will drown AM and AM in the wrong location can pick up interference like any only its a weaker signal. But I listen to AM radio every day.

Bottom line it will be just fine to run. Yet if and when you can step it up get into the spectrum stuff.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

I bought a backlit M8 with FM micro rx........should work nice, then I will get dsm/dss system for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.