Spectrum DX3R v's Nomadio React?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spectrum DX3R v's Nomadio React?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default Spectrum DX3R v's Nomadio React?

I'm trying to choose between these 2 systems so feel free to discuss the pro's and con's of each here...
Old 06-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Had both, Dx3r ftw!! easy choice, dx3r is just as or more comfortable, response feels quicker 5.5ms frame rate. Screen is larger and interface imo is better on the dx3r. spek. rx is very small too. Dx3r just feels like the higher quality radio. React is a great radio its just that the Dx3r is a step ahead in every area.

tks
Josh
Old 06-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

how do they compare feature-wise? I've read the react has every feature you could every want and more?

I've also read the DX3R has issues with loosing bind with the reciever? Is this true?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have the Nomadio Sensor and React and really like both of them. They replaced an Airtronics M8 and, although the Airtonics is a great radio, I like my React better. I have never used the DX3R but I have held it in the store. At the time I was ready for purchase, the forums were alive with reports of the DX3R having binding problems so I went with the React. The DX3R felt really good in the hand and had a nice balance to it very similar to the React. If the DX3R binding issues have been sorted, it really is somewhat of a toss-up between the two. The React does have 2-way communication between the receiver (transceiver in this case) and can tell you speed and temperature (if the sensors are installed), and receiver voltage right on the radio display. You can also set audible and sensory alarms for parameters that go out of a set tolerance.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I just used my dx3r for the first time last sunday. Loved the thing. I thought I may not like it coming from an M8, but when I was up there I just forgot I was even holding a controller it's so light. I'm glad I picked one up even though the m8 is an awesome radio itself.

The binding problems were from the first run of radios. There is a page on spektrums website that gives the serial numbers of the radios that need updating. Mine was one of them so I sent it in the day I bought it. Took two weeks to get back in my hands which was good in my book.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i really like my react. with out sensors it tells u the reciever voltage so u know when yu are getting low in the car. and having the opertunity to use a computer to change settings and see the settings on the computer is awsome. it alows you to have a back up for you transmitter. also i use the copy feature to try diffe3ent settings without messing up what i had. it also works a a game controler for vrc which is cool!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sp2thielen
i really like my react. with out sensors it tells u the reciever voltage so u know when yu are getting low in the car.
How does it work with a lipo Rx pack and a regulator? Does it give the regulator output voltage or the actual lipo pack voltage? It would be a useful tool in monitoring your lipo's voltage in real time if it will work!

I'm still no closer to making a decision.... both systems have features i want that the other doesn't......
Old 06-25-2008, 06:51 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lowey79
I'm trying to choose between these 2 systems so feel free to discuss the pro's and con's of each here...
I'm still no closer to making a decision.... both systems have features i want that the other doesn't......
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 06-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

And your post has what relevance to the topic of discussion??????????

If you don't have a valid point, go crash some other thread.......
Old 06-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Suspended

And your post has what relevance to the topic of discussion??????????

If you don't have a valid point, go crash some other thread.......
I did make a VALID point... this thread is boring and pointless.

If you're going to insist on clogging the database with flavor of the week questions, or be dumb enough to get some advice and still come back with statements like "I'm still no closer to making a decision.... both systems have features i want that the other doesn't." expect your thread to implode and crash on its own - or pull on your big boy pants and get the cahones to make a decision on your own.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

I could do that.... But at the end of the day, Internet forums are a great tool for people with limited experience on various products to gain the knowlegde of those who have used said products to better educate our decision

So instead of thrashing me (or others) for asking for help before spending money, you could make a constructive comment about the question at hand or ignor it and move on.... I'm not here for i slinging match, i wanted to hear of other people's personal experiences......
Old 06-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

not sure on lipo. i use a minh still but i had a friend that used lipo in his i will check with him and see.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Rookie

I use the Nomadio Sensor and React radios to check my lipo voltage in real time. I don't think any other radio can do that. If you are using a voltage regulator you will have to splice in the voltage sensor. Otherwise, you can just use the built in voltage sensor because the receiver will automatically report that to the radio.

With the regulator in between, it will just report the output from the regulator which is why you will have to splice a separate voltage lead in and then you will have a real time voltage reading on your radio for both the pack and the regulator.

I use them to alert me when my regulator is no longer sending full voltage as a first alert and then when the pack drops close to the minimum voltage I will allow the pack to be at as a second alert. You can do lots of things with the Nomadio you can't do with any other radio because it is two way communication rather than one way.