Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New modified Sirio CL7B video

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default New modified Sirio CL7B video(new video added)

At first I was not impressed by this Sirio CL7B, the motor was very soft on the low end, and often felt laggy at low speeds...With some modifications and a few adjustments I have now gotten this motor to perform pretty decently... here is a very short video of some tuning runs..please excuse the rough track and poor driving...... Oh this motor is in a Hyper ST Pro which is very heavy and my track surface has huge amounts of drag..so for this motor to push this Hyper this well under my conditions is definitely impressive....

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...41092418741831

for reference here is a quick clip of my mod OS 28 8T on the same track

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...42546729&hl=en

Last edited by Maximo; 06-21-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

I liked the OS. It looked a little more impressive.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Looks like you guys have some good dirt to work with at that track, traction looks to be pretty high, but hard to tell. Two dofferent motors in two different truggies are hard to compare against each other, but both looked pretty good on the track.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Looks like you guys have some good dirt to work with at that track, traction looks to be pretty high, but hard to tell. Two dofferent motors in two different truggies are hard to compare against each other, but both looked pretty good on the track.
the Os 28 is in a lighter much easier to push Truggy... so IMHO the Sirio does well for itself, I am definitely much happier with it now then I was before..... I added a fair bit more filler to the crank then stock, which has really improved the throttle snap of this motor.... Also for a long stroke motor it sure has a nice top end runout.. I will definitely be installing the Sirio into a lighter machine like a 8B or 5T
Old 06-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

If you have a stock CL7B, put the turbo head button in, shim it to .023-.026 and run a Sirio 2013 pipe/header and the motor will have NO problem with bottom end, or top end.

Last edited by CRFXXXT; 06-20-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRFXXXT
If you have a stock CL7B, put the turbo head button it, shin it to .023-.026 and run a Sirio/ 2013 pipe/header the motor will have NO problem with bottom end, or top end.

the motor's FAR from stock my freind.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Max,
I hope you do just that and do another vid for us. Both looked pretty good to me in the vids you linked up. I wonder if the truggies would be closer in comparasion if the Hyper st had the .28 and the 8T had the .21. Either way looked good to me.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra
the motor's FAR from stock my freind.
How do you figure?

The motor comes with everything you need, minus the pipe/header of course, which you need to buy/have to run a motor anyway???

It comes with the standard button or a turbo button, includes the extra shim needed?
Old 06-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

the Sirio in the video is modified...I ran the motor stock for a while but it honestly was not strong enough for what I wanted so I modified it... I have upped both run time and power...

heres the sleeve from the Sirio

and here is internal shots of the OS 28

Old 06-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

How do you figure?

The motor comes with everything you need, minus the pipe/header of course, which you need to buy/have to run a motor anyway???

It comes with the standard button or a turbo button, includes the extra shim needed?

read the thread title lol...looks good...need to compare to a stock sirio to get a real view of performance gains
Old 06-21-2008, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
read the thread title lol...looks good...need to compare to a stock sirio to get a real view of performance gains
Yes, I know the motor in the video is modded, but I was simply giving advice to him/anyone that thinks the CL7B does not have enough low end in stock form (with out modding it).

Thanks
Dave
Old 06-21-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

Yes, I know the motor in the video is modded, but I was simply giving advice to him/anyone that thinks the CL7B does not have enough low end in stock form (with out modding it).

Thanks
Dave

I normally run PIcco .21's....which when compared to the Sirio have masive bottom ends......... stock vs stock the Picco is actually quite a bit more explosive with a better top end... The Sirio had a good midrange but really didn't impress me off the bottom or on the top......IMHO the Sirio stock really wasn't overly impressive.......... I have another buddy who switched from a Picco as well and he says the exact same thing as I do, The Sirio has no low end nuts if your used to a Picco, they are not even close to be honest..the Picco feels like a beast, the Srio feels like Bambi.....

I am not trying to insult anyone by saying this, just saying the Sirio when stock really is not overly impressive, at least not compared to some other bangers in its class.... If I had not modified the Sirio or was unable to improve its output I would have sold the motor....
Old 06-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

I swapped my Sirio into my MBX5T.....definitely a much stronger motor in this chassis

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...13617&hl=en-CA
Old 06-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Default CL7B will run with anything...

If your CL7B isn't running, it's either not properly run in, or not set up right. The CL7Bs were owning the Truggy Nats, in stock trim, with a turbo button and 2013 pipe. That is probably the most demanding race on an engine, if you're lacking, it shows. Also, how do you figure your run time is improving by hogging out the sleeve like that? Sucking more air and fuel into the chamber is going to make it run longer on a tank of fuel? hmmm...

Nice job on the work though, pretty clean.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pitpop
If your CL7B isn't running, it's either not properly run in, or not set up right. The CL7Bs were owning the Truggy Nats, in stock trim, with a turbo button and 2013 pipe. That is probably the most demanding race on an engine, if you're lacking, it shows. Also, how do you figure your run time is improving by hogging out the sleeve like that? Sucking more air and fuel into the chamber is going to make it run longer on a tank of fuel? hmmm...

Nice job on the work though, pretty clean.
I dont think you understand the differences between my track surfaces and what your accustomed to running on... Until you run on my track you could never understand what kind of power is required from a .21 in a truggy... I am sure the CL7B seems fine on hardpack tracks the pros run on.. but I assure in the dirt I run on the stock CL7B did not have enough bottom end.....I have seen the dynoes and I know a MSR 1005 pipe absolutely rocks on the motor and I am skeptical a 2013 is going to offer any more..... I can assure you this isn't my first rodeo and that I had the stock CL7B pushing everything it had to offer.....I still stand by my veiw that the Picco P7R offers more bottom end power and better top end run out..the Sirio does have a wicked midrange but the bottom end feels soft to me...The modded motor now has a wicked bottom end as well as a killer top end runout and I am extremely happy with ow its running......... In its current trim in my track int he loose dirt is is easily capable of 9 minute pit stops, which is very good for considering my tracks size and surface type.....

As for mileage, well its pretty complicated how I do it, but my modded motors get exceptional fuel mileage, especially considering the amount of HP they make over stock.... The only thing I will say Is I significantly enhance the loop scavenging effect of my motors, which results in more air/fuel being burnt and less being blown out the tuned pipe.... By doing this I find power from what is normally wasted and in the end my motors get significantly better mileage then stock..... I play with port shapes and opening sequences, as well I also alter the intake angles of certain ports...all my work is clearly pictured if someone knows what to look for.... Dont let the fancy work on the sleeve fool you, there is significant work done on the inside of the sleeve as well...Just because she's pretty doesn't mean she aint fast !!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.