Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 04:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Truggy opinion

Hi i am relitivly new to the r/c hobby. i got a revo at the start of the year. I am looking at getting a truggy to race. I am looking at the Xray XT8 with a O.S .21 VZ-B buggy motor. I am looking for you opinoins about this setup or any other truggies i should consider.

thank you very much.

Scott
Old 06-20-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Scott.....I'm sure that the X-Ray is a very capabale Truggy, in my opinion pick something that other people you race with have. Not only will you have help figuring out set-up but also support if something goes wrong! Do you have a local hobby shop? If so do they carry parts for it? If it breaks will you have to wait weeks on end to get what you need to fix it? And most of all pick what YOU LIKE!!!!!!! I am a Losi fan and race the 8ight and 8ight-t weekly!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

+1 dont get in a big hurry to spend your money,like gixxerman said, see what some of the other guys are running and if you have someone who can help you in the right direction. asking what is the best motor or car on a forum will only get a big arguement going. the motor your looking at is what im running now but im switching to the new ninja motor mainly because of my sponsor, but for 30 bucks more than the stock vspec you get a hard coated crank that will last longer and its a 5 port. xray makes very good kits with the best directions.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Another vote for seeing what the other guys are racing. Talk to them and see whats fast at the track and what they would suggest. They are the ones there everyweek and will know what works and what doesnt. Good luck
Old 06-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (89%+)

+1, like everyone else here has said...it's all about YOUR FEELING...of wat you want...but yea its always nice to have another opinion on wat to get an all...but when it comes down to it..you might not even like the way that truck handles/performs..etc...so choose wat YOU think YOU will like and have fun with...i have not personally gotten to run and xray...but i hurd they are vert stout on the tracks...but like others have said...ima losi fan as well and race my losi 8T...looking forward to get the losi 8B as well...i also have the Jammin X1 CRT pro truggy kit...its my backup...but im thinkin bout puttin it as my main racer since its very durable as well...and have many parts...thats always key.

but i really hope ya find wat ur lookin for man! just ask round...you'll find somethin.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default truggy

Thanks for all your opionons. gixxerman, i do have a local hobby shop but it is very small and doesn't stock much stuff at all. Ok i will have a look around at wat people have at my local track and see wat is ran.

thank you very much

Scott