Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
RB C6 T7 or Trinity Extech Can't decide. >

RB C6 T7 or Trinity Extech Can't decide.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RB C6 T7 or Trinity Extech Can't decide.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default RB C6 T7 or Trinity Extech Can't decide.

Opinions on these anyone?
Old 06-23-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
Opinions on these anyone?
IMHO the EX Tech is one of the best engines, I have ever owned.
A hand full of guy's at my local tracks are running them as well, and they love them too. If you get the EB Mods Race Preped version, there is no break in needed! Just drop it in, and race.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
IMHO the EX Tech is one of the best engines, I have ever owned.
A hand full of guy's at my local tracks are running them as well, and they love them too. If you get the EB Mods Race Preped version, there is no break in needed! Just drop it in, and race.
+1 on the ExTech. Best engine I have ever used as well!

Colin
Old 06-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Initiate

how much is the Ex Tech?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skippi15
how much is the Ex Tech?
This is the EB Mods Race Preped one
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/25377
Old 06-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

I know RB's are know for longevity. I am curious as too how many gallons I might expect to get out of the Trinity.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My advice would depend highly on what the engine is going in. With that said the C6 is a awesome engine, plenty of power, good mileage and its a RB so reliability will be great.

I have no experience on the NEW trinity engine but the previous engine by them left alot to be desired. Sounds like the new one is better but only time will tell as people start getting more gallons through them.

Not to hijack the thread.... but for my knowledge... For those that are running the NEW trinity engine can you post how many gallons you have on it so far? Im curious to see if they last longer than the old ones.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Old 06-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Wink

Originally Posted by blowpopracer
My advice would depend highly on what the engine is going in. With that said the C6 is a awesome engine, plenty of power, good mileage and its a RB so reliability will be great.

I have no experience on the NEW trinity engine but the previous engine by them left alot to be desired. Sounds like the new one is better but only time will tell as people start getting more gallons through them.

Not to hijack the thread.... but for my knowledge... For those that are running the NEW trinity engine can you post how many gallons you have on it so far? Im curious to see if they last longer than the old ones.
The old trinity engines don't even compare to the NEW EX Tech.. I have about 2 gallons threw each of my 2, and both are still very tight. Like I said before these are some of the best engines I've ever owned. Oyeah I've had my fair share of RB engines.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Whatever I buy will go into my XB808. I have tried Go engines and while they seem to have great potential I just can't deal with how finicky the carbs are. I spent a whole race day trying to get rid of a lean bog. It went from too rich to get out of it's own way to len bog in less than an hour on the needles. I just want something that will last and I KNOW will run right when I drop it on the track. I am leaning heavily towards the Extech. But I have been burnt before buy purchasing the new hot thing.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

All the guys in my area love the RB stuff ............some of these guys don't take as good a care of there engines as they should either but those things just run and run and run ............just ordered 2 C6's on sale at amain for my buggy and truggy ..........everyone says they are a really crazy fast motor . I'm pumped !

I have 2 OS V specs that I think are awsome too ! got 8 gallons through one of them and now it feels like it needs a pinch . I hear these RB motors getting 10, 12 + gallons so I got to try one .
Old 06-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Whatever I buy will go into my XB808. I have tried Go engines and while they seem to have great potential I just can't deal with how finicky the carbs are. I spent a whole race day trying to get rid of a lean bog. It went from too rich to get out of it's own way to len bog in less than an hour on the needles. I just want something that will last and I KNOW will run right when I drop it on the track. I am leaning heavily towards the Extech. But I have been burnt before buy purchasing the new hot thing.
Dude trust me you will not be disapponted.. Also with EB Mods on board with Trinity, the support is there if needed.
That GO engine sounds like it needs to be checked for LEAKS.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

slaytanic - if you choose the Ex-Tech. Ed and I are available at anytime to help with tuning. The TRI40064 race prepped comes pre broken in with needles set and instructions how to re set them if u get lost. TRI40066 is a fully modded version of the 40064. The piston, rod, and crank have been altered for more power. Good Luck with your racing.. If you need anymore info you can contact us here

[email protected]
[email protected]
Old 06-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

I always clean and seal my mills before I even put fuel in them. That is not the issue. I had 2 people at the track try too tune it as well. Oh well.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

I always clean and seal my mills before I even put fuel in them. That is not the issue. I had 2 people at the track try too tune it as well. Oh well.
Huh! IDK I know Brian at Pro Twister Mods is always willing to help with the GO's
Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.