Equipment hauling gear

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Equipment hauling gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 03:17 PM

Default Equipment hauling gear

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what you guys use to haul all of your RC equipment. I use Wal-mart fishing bags usually but they are cheap and break after like a month or two of use... anyway I am on the market for a new bag and I firsted looked at some RC bags supposevly designed for RC hauling. I wasn't happy because they all look like duffle bags with cardboard boxes in them... excluding the team magic bag, but its just to expensive for what it is. So I started looking at tool boxes and such, then I looked at some fishing bags, still nothing that had what all I need. These companies in the RC industry need to get some help from the guys who make Paintball bags. I used to play and the bags were excellent and had everything you need for storage. Someone needs to design a bag that has space and specialized containers and pockets that can hold all of our rc stuff like, the cars themselves, radio gear, fuel bottles and cans, starter box, tools, extra parts, shoch fluid, after run oils and all those other oils and lubes in bottles, tires, glow ignitors, chargers, batteries, etc. I mean if a bag was made that was quality and could hold almost everything it would sell like crazy! Does anyone know of a bag or box that has big huge storage and organizers and stuff like a tackle box and a tackle bag combined. Thanks, I am done ranting
Old 06-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the team magic/trinity bags are the most popular..
Old 06-16-2008, 03:37 PM

yea... 170 bucks for the trinity box, i just dont think its worth that
Old 06-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Look into the Motocross bags! I use a Troy Lee Designs one and it has about five different compartments. Then I use the tackle organizers for all of my tools and stuff.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use a large Plano 777 tackle box to hold my tools, oils, and parts. Then I have a stanely 50 gallon container on wheels thats hold my starterbox, radio. chargers, fuel, ect.

like this

Old 06-16-2008, 06:07 PM

Yea I think that is what I will do, buy another tackle bag and then buy a big container on wheels... or make my own...
Old 06-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lanerbrainer205
yea... 170 bucks for the trinity box, i just dont think its worth that

It is wayyyy worth it trust me. Otherwise you can look at the ofna bag for around $90 its a great bag but the only downfall is the cardboard boxes.

I use a team magic bag to carry most my stuff and use the big plano box listed above to hold the rest of my gear that I take but dont necessarily use much.

It just depends on your preferences. I race with a guy who uses a tackle box and plastic buckets to hold all his stuff. I myself go nuts if my gear isnt well organized and the team magic box is great for that.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:28 PM

Yea I really like the peace of mind having everything organized and knowing where everything is.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Like blowpopracer said, It is well worth every penny! I have a Trinity T8 hauler bag and I could not see using any other hauler.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think my toolbox is a Popular Mechanics brand rolling toolbox, it looks a little like what Nik posted. Been using it for most if not all of my R/C career and so far the only thing that's gone wrong is the mounts for the pull-out handle are broken, so if you pull the handle all the way out it falls off. But it works great, space in the bottom for radio and other running gear, 2 trays above that, and the lid comes completely off. I usually use the lid for an R/C workstation, because the top handle is the perfect height for an R/C truck stand. I even stuck a plate magnet in the recess for the lid handle, so I can just toss hardware under the truck and they don't go anywhere.

Pair that with a couple of Rubbermaid tote bins we used to use for camping. One of them has the truck and a few sets of tires in it, the other carries my charger, starter box, fuel bottle, battery box, fan for the chargers, and my display jug of Clutch Wipes.

I put a bedboard in the back of my Chevy S10 pickup, and if I stack the two totes, put them next to the toolbox, and slide the carrying case for my Dremel inbetween, it all fits perfectly under the tonneau cover and right in front of the tailgate. Works great for electric season, and it leaves the rest of the bed open for all the outdoor pit crap during nitro season.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:15 PM

Dang man it sounds like you got a really good set-up! I think I will go ahead and get one of those boxes, and then get a good quality tackle bag for all the small stuff. Thanks for all your help guys!