Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Nats gripe

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

seven pages and still good points are being made.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Eight now.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Ok, I didnt read the whole 8 pages but i did read a little bit of it. If you have a problem with going to a race that is for a national title and not making the main because you feel that parts others have that you dont are keeping you back the answer is simple. DONT GO. Not all of the proto type parts make the cars good. If you can drive a car and make the a-main at a national event is is because of just that. YOU CAN DRIVE. it isnt because you have some special part that will get you there. You can have a full prototype car but if you cant drive the thing you still wont make the main. about 30% of making the main is from the car. The rest is from driver skills.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

WAAA I can't win the 24 Hours of Le Mans this weekend because team Peugeot has prototype parts on their P1 cars and I just have a street car!! WAAAA

This is a National event where manufacturers showcase the best they have to offer. That means the best drivers, and the best equipment. 99% of privateers will get beaten by the sponsored drivers at events like this. This is proven in every form of motorsport, and is nothing new. If you don't like it, club race at your local track instead of going to race in the nationals.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

would you see Team Peugeot sport any Ford parts or any Toyota parts on any of their vehicles? ya...i didnt think so LMAO

hell im all down for team drivers to sport what their manufacturers produce, if it be available or not, either or they will be selling it to the masses at one point or another. Thats not the point i was saying...and i never said thats the reason why they win..and if you didnt notice, Mike Truhe sported everything that he was suppose to run! and guess what, he did win!

but of course most would have no clue what i am actually saying. so its pointless to even say much of anything lol

i guess this has gotten way off topic and has become a useless thread...the usual i guess lol .

Last edited by Jesse; 06-12-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

thats like before the race the team installs a Ferarri engine inside a Ford GT...LOL i wonder how far something like that would fly..

at any rate this is a dead horse.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

You seem to be awfully concerned about that. Is your other screen name Time Warp?
Old 06-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

No sorry man, that is far from me. what i just read from that individual wasnt even what i was talking about, and maybe he should do his homework.

like i said i care less, and that isnt my point once again...so its a dead horse. I dont hide behind anything or anybody, im just stating my opinion and by any means am i accusing anybody. if you knew anything about me, i am far from an individual who would hide behind a key board and post peoples buisness. im stating my opinion in general.

im done considering this has gotten childish.

Last edited by Jesse; 06-12-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: edit
Old 06-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jesse
thats like before the race the team installs a Ferarri engine inside a Ford GT...LOL i wonder how far something like that would fly..

at any rate this is a dead horse.

Again, the products a driver is paid to represent are not necessarily the products they use to win. It happens all the time in many forms of racing. I'm sorry you have a hard time comprehending that.

It does not make anyone a bad person, and frankly, it is none of your business. How a particular product is represented is between the driver and the sponsor.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

would you see Team Peugeot sport any Ford parts or any Toyota parts on any of their vehicles? ya...i didnt think so LMAO

Mike Truhe sported everything that he was suppose to run! and guess what, he did win!

but of course most would have no clue what i am actually saying. so its pointless to even say much of anything lol

i guess this has gotten way off topic and has become a useless thread...the usual i guess lol .

In a word, yes. Peugeot would absolutely use Ford parts if it was the best way to get their car to run better. They would disguise them at Peugeot parts but you can bet the farm that they would and do use whatever makes the car more competitive while they develop their next gen parts.

Truhe ran what he was "supposed" to run? What about when Losi ran the 8ight at nats before the car was out? They are "supposed" to run whatever their sponsors want them to. If that's production stuff at the time, great, if it's a prototype that nobody else can get, who cares? It's al R&D to make thier next generation products that we will buy.

Sometimes Losi guys run ProLine tires..
Old 06-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

im sorry as well you are unable to comprehend what im tryingt to say. and my apologies if i offended anybody for trying to state my point of view. i never knew people would get upset, especially considering its just opinions and not facts. no reason to get upset if it aint true right? so let it be, its done.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have you ever looked real close at a pro drivers car? I've seen a few up close and I have yet to see one that was box stock. Depending on the platform, some of them are more one off/aftermarket than OEM parts. I used to race with a guy who had what amounted to a machine shop in his basement and any time a stock part came up short he would simply make a better replacement. Should guys like that be banned from national level competition? As long as a car/truck will pass the required tech inspection, what's the problem?

I agree if you have a situation like used to exist in electric where one company was the exclusive importer of sub C cells into the US and cherry picked all the good ones for their team and sold the lesser cells to the public. It's impossible to compete against that and is one of the reasons electric racing fell off so bad. Now that we have real competition in the battery market, electric is making a comeback because good cells are available from more than one source.

If you make the rules too restrictive, innovation is stifled and you get a situation like the current state of MT where there's only one platform that's really competitive unless you have mad driving skillz and full factory support for a truck that in average hands has as much chance of winning as an ice cube has in hell.

Without pros running prototype parts we would still be driving things like the Burns or Super Athlete, cars that would be lucky to last 2 or 3 minutes on todays supercross style tracks.

Just my $0.02
Old 06-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Davidka
Sometimes Losi guys run ProLine tires..
Does sometimes mean at the Nats perhaps??

This is a great example.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Damnit, a few loose words at the track about them being toy cars could undo several months convincing my girlfriend that is not the case and in fact it is a challenging and rewarding hobby that is worth putting in the time, money and effort to get the satisfation of racing and results!

I like the spirit of discussion and maybe i just missed it... has anyone pointed out the relative costs of running top end gear in full size motorsport and Nitro?

Quick tot up in my head and my set up is the equivelent cost of a second hand run around 4 door saloon, and all i need on top is a set of Mike Truhes thumbs and a plane ticket to compete at the worlds.

I have no idea how much it would cost to get a competitive set up at NASCAR, but, well, i know i won't be selling my 4 door saloon and going racing anytime soon.

The great part of racing... ok, damnit... toy cars, is it's accessability. Running in my first year now and i am meeting pro's and not getting lapped too quickly by them, also at our track in the UK we are getting a steady influx of new racers and drawing the satisfaction of helping them get going, get quicker and get racing and hence generating some great days racing. I have had some great fun... teaching a 3 year old kid to drive round a track without crashing, going to the Nitro Challenge and racing... ok, i wasn't any threat to the A final but it wasn't out of budget* to go race competitively for a week at one of the biggest events of the year and get to see the finest drivers in the U.S battle it out.

If people want to dedicate themselves, time, money and so on to the discipline of running with the top guys and have the bucket of talent to play with then great - it's going to be a long road with dues to pay, but really, there are so many things to draw out of racing that... well, i forget my point.

But it was a good one.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Suspended

hell im all down for team drivers to sport what their manufacturers produce, if it be available or not, either or they will be selling it to the masses at one point or another. Thats not the point i was saying...and i never said thats the reason why they win..and if you didnt notice, Mike Truhe sported everything that he was suppose to run! and guess what, he did win!

The problem is that you're arguing a MOOT point!!!

You've got this idea in your head that unless it's made inhouse it's not right that it's used, or shouldn't be used, and that is not the case in ANY form of motorsports including RC - except in spec racing, and there is no spec racing class in ROAR, let alone at the Nats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.