Wiki Posts
Search

opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default opinions wanted

I thinking of buying a second buggy to try and looking for honest opinions

I'm leaning toward the Xray 808, Associated RC8 and the Losi 8ight...

If you had to choose 1 of these 3, which would it be and why?

Sorry, i realize this question gets thrown around a lot which is why i didn't ask "which is the best?"

Thanks....
Old 06-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've had all three...... I was dissapointed in the RC8, I liked the Losi 8, But after rebuilding my XRAY 808 last night for the 3rd time. The 808 is far superior (IMO).
Old 06-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lowey79
Sorry, i realize this question gets thrown around a lot which is why i didn't ask "which is the best?"
It appears THAT is just what you are asking.
Yes, it does get thrown around a lot.
And why it would be my guess that the replies you will get will be from those with generally biased opinions and not from the truely expereinced as they have grown tired of replying to the same question over and over.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you dont like the post why post at all. It blows my mind how people will slam someones question reguardless of what it is or how many times it has been asked! If you dont like the post just move on to the next.

Anyways to answer your question...

I have never owned any of them, from watching them drive and talking to people that own them I would lean towards the 808. The next choice for me would be the rc8 but it seems like it wears out a little faster than other cars, last would be the losi just because it looks a little unstable to me. I think for some drivers it could be the fastest car out of the 3, but Im kind of a sloppy/new driver so it would be my last choice.

Just my opinions.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by blowpopracer
If you dont like the post why post at all. It blows my mind how people will slam someones question reguardless of what it is or how many times it has been asked! If you dont like the post just move on to the next.

Anyways to answer your question...

I have never owned any of them,
Then why on earth would you log in just to supposedly give your "opinion" based on something you have no personal experience to base it on?
It blows MY mind how many people will log in on an issue regardless of the fact they know nothing about it other than to hear themselves talk. If you can't offer anything of substance to the discussion move on to the next.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for setting me straight - Mom!
Old 06-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

imo i perfer my peanutbutter without nuts.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by allan42r

LOL
Old 06-05-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by allan42r
I also prefer my peanutbutter without nuts

And I also prefer my Mugen to the RC8 and Losi 8, and I have driven them all quite a bit Haven't run 808 yet though, sounds like it's pretty good!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Most the guys at our track have the 8ights or Kyosho. I'm new to racing and love my 8t. Yes, I know your going for a buggy and all of the guys love their 8ights. Kyosho driver's the same. Point is any good name like the ones your throwing around will be good. One guy got rid of his rc8 because the steering was way too much for his liking. Fast amain racer he went back to the 8ight. Just get one and RACE
Old 06-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Durability 808, Losi 8
Quality 808
Improvements 808

Now comes the big question, driving style? Probably RC8 would be the easiest to drive, Losi 8 the fastest but harder to drive, 808 somewhere between the RC8 and the Losi.

The Losi 8 will be upgraded before the Worlds (rumors) if it does it will keep dominating the racing scene.

Just my personal opinion.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

it all just depends on your driving style.. some cars like to be driven harder than others. i for one prefer the x1x because it likes to be driven hard. once again these are only my opinions
Old 06-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

I've only owned the Losi. I have friends who either own or have owned the others, and some more than one of them.

Losi: Fast, athletic, edgy. A little twitchy. Parts wear is an issue... not on the plastic parts other than diff cases... but on other parts like CVDs and ring and pinion gears. Chassis flex is hard on clutch bells and bearings. You WILL be working on this car a lot... but when it works right, it is an awesome car! A little too edgy for me, changed to the Jammin.

Associated: Initially had some issues with certain parts... I think they are resolved now. Not quite as good in the rough as the Losi, although some of the guys resolved that by putting Jammin SBB shocks on it. Can be driven hard, but it is also a pretty edgy car. Gearing is a bit different, accelerates like nothing out there!

808: A lot like the Losi, I've heard mixed reviews from the local guys... some say it is more stable than the Losi, some think less so. Xray parts quality! From a durability perspective, it would almost HAVE to be better... it IS an Xray after all... Guys that like the way the Losi drives also seem to like the 808.

If I were shopping for a new car... no question it would be the 808.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DOMIT
I've only owned the Losi. I have friends who either own or have owned the others, and some more than one of them.

Losi: Fast, athletic, edgy. A little twitchy. Parts wear is an issue... not on the plastic parts other than diff cases... but on other parts like CVDs and ring and pinion gears. Chassis flex is hard on clutch bells and bearings. You WILL be working on this car a lot... but when it works right, it is an awesome car! A little too edgy for me, changed to the Jammin.

Associated: Initially had some issues with certain parts... I think they are resolved now. Not quite as good in the rough as the Losi, although some of the guys resolved that by putting Jammin SBB shocks on it. Can be driven hard, but it is also a pretty edgy car. Gearing is a bit different, accelerates like nothing out there!

808: A lot like the Losi, I've heard mixed reviews from the local guys... some say it is more stable than the Losi, some think less so. Xray parts quality! From a durability perspective, it would almost HAVE to be better... it IS an Xray after all... Guys that like the way the Losi drives also seem to like the 808.

If I were shopping for a new car... no question it would be the 808.
King headz extended engine mount and you won't have any problems with bearings. Heavy duty diff cases, golden. No problems with my pinion gears in a year. Just changed out my front drive shaft first time in a year Mind you this is the truggy. You'll work on any car if you race.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Initiate

I'd say the RC8. It has been durable for me, and has been fairly easy to work on. I like it, but then that is a biased opinion because I have not driven the 8ight or 808.

Jesse
Old 06-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by jgtruggy
King headz extended engine mount and you won't have any problems with bearings. Heavy duty diff cases, golden. No problems with my pinion gears in a year. Just changed out my front drive shaft first time in a year Mind you this is the truggy. You'll work on any car if you race.
I still blew 2 sets and broke a clutch bell with the King Headz mount. "flopped" it and went to Mugen clutchbells and it was ok... I never had the diff case problem. And I blew 2 rear ring and pinions, even with the metal inserts for the bearings. Wear on both ends of the cvds is significant...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.