Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
losi 8 pro roller question? >

losi 8 pro roller question?

losi 8 pro roller question?

Old 06-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (89%+)
Default losi 8 pro roller question?

Someone is willing to sell me a very well taken care of, very clean...6 gallon on pro roller.....for 200...is this a good deal for a 6 gallon old chassis? or should i invest on a new buggy?
Old 06-17-2008, 02:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by losi 8t
Someone is willing to sell me a very well taken care of, very clean...6 gallon on pro roller.....for 200...is this a good deal for a 6 gallon old chassis? or should i invest on a new buggy?
they are a good buggy and don't wear as badly as some drivers say, just make sure you check out the drive shafts both ends of all six to make sure the pins haven't flattened out badly and that the CV aren't rounded out.

if you do buy it I would probably replace the driveshafts, ackermin plate and the throttle linkage just to be safe.

Adrian
Old 06-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

alright, thnx for the input!

anyone else have any say so?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:48 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by losi 8t
personally, that seems high for a roller with that amount of time on it. if it was a pro racer's, that was well taken care of and has a lot of fresh/new parts on it, would be one thing. but too often I see people (especially newbies) that buy used stuff for premium prices that just end up with OPP (Other People's Problems) or worn out stuff.
if you plan on staying in the hobby I's suggest buying NEW, and then you know what you have and won't be regularly replacing worn parts
Old 06-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

6 gallons is about a season of use for most avid racers (some more than others, I use about 4 gallons in a season). Like others said here, if the drive shafts are in ok shape then it's a good buy. Everything else should still be in good shape if it was taken care of.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

alright, thnx guyz!~