Wiki Posts
Search

OS Speed ?s

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default OS Speed ?s

Im sure you've had questions like this before so this will be easy. I done a quick search didn't really solve much, I'm coming from an on-road background with now just into some offroad racing with a 1/8th truggy. I've only really used to playing with .12 engines. Just a couple questions regarding the os speed.

Whats the best pipe for this engine? I see 2060 is quite popular but recall seeing somewhere about a msr? pipe which works better? Atm I have a sirio pipe installed which I picked up from my lhs which seems to be OK but im searching for something which will give best performance.

I plan to run 25%, whats the shimming of this motor set for?

Anything anyone else wants to add about the motor I should know about feel free

Cheers.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Never played with shimming so I'm not really sure.

Pipe, I have used the JP3 and the JP4. Either of those is good. The JP3 will give a little more punch but not as much runtime where the JP4 will give you that run time while having a smoother powerband.
The 2060 is a good pipe for this engine as well. I have found that the OS pipe's are soft and like to get ented up easily, but that might just be me.
The AE 2035 is a great pipe on it as well from everything I have heard. I had one on order to try out but everytime we actually placed the order they were on backorder so I just gave up.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

i run the os 2060 not the later wm version with the welded pressure nipple, this works ok as well but i believe the newer version is better, as for being soft i always find the os pipes to be made very strong and although the 2060 has been fortunate to not get bashed my previous os 2050 got slammed by a car at full tilt into the side and the exhaust took the hit no probs not a single dent not even a bent stinger, dont know if you have access to them but Eureka 2027 pipe is well rated but i think its been superceded by the HN PI-809 Efra 2047 pipe.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

I've been running a Speed w/O.S. 2050 pipe and really like the combination. With a 7mm restrictor, I can run 13:20 in my ST-RR on Byron's Gen 2 ProDriver 30%. It's a really smooth powerband and very strong.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Os pipes are the go for fuel economy! The 2060 for mid-top end and the 2050 i hear, gives more bottom end! The RB 2045 is also a good performer on the speed.

Shims out of the box should be 1 alloy and 1 copper. This is set nicely for 25% fuel.... 1 thing to note, use a p3 or p4 plug as the speed is fairly particular about which plugs it likes!