Old 05-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

in interested to hear what angelo has to say about this
Old 05-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So much for the very best products in RC there angelo. The only wing I have ever broken was a very old, very early OFNA style wing and I landed square on it from a step-up jump.

Lol proline wings will break the damn mounts before it breaks the wing from my experience.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

As said everything can be broken and grade of "cart wheeling" or crash is very subjective. Due to nature of the wing design it has more edges and shapes that for sure does not make it the strongest ever made. From my experiences it takes pretty severe hits w/o breaking but eventually it will let go as will do every other wing on the market. Depending on the hit it might happen sooner or then it might happen later.

Anyway the purpose of the wing and it's performance is not linked to stand some joe averages crashing but to how it effects the cars jumping and cornering characteristics. For sure you would like to have a wing that stands anything but if you do a lot of crashing during rounds you will not benefit from the Team Cobra wing anyway -> you are as well off with any other wing out there. Any single wing on the market will not win you races but if you are able to keep your car on it's wheels and need some more on fast corners and big jumps I'm sure the Cobra wing will help you to take the next step.

Just for my 2c
Old 05-21-2008, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

G E N U I N E J U N K
Old 05-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pwnzor
G E N U I N E J U N K
Yes there is a problem wing .The factory that we subcontracted to manufacture the wing they mixed in other materials in one batch and they caused that problem .Now the new wing has radiuses on the fins and it doesnt break as we also moved it to another factory to be manufactured we havent had a problem since.I know the batch that Amain hobbies received from TMA MARKETING were part of that batch.
TMA MARKETING WAS ALERTED WITH THIS PROBLEM AND WAS TOLD NOT TO SEND THEM OUT AFTER MIKE KAZZ BROKE ONE AND SO DID DOMINIC SANSONE BUT THERE REACTION WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE WINGS ITS THE DRIVERS .WHICH I KNEW WAS WRONG .

sorry for any inconvience caused to anyone who used the wing and it broke i apologise.

im not pushing people to use the wing but it is the only one that is legal at the moment and the only one really that actually works

REGARDS ANGELO
Old 05-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

you should send people with broken wings new replacements if you know your product is defective AE did it with the rc8
Old 05-21-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cheesecake
you should send people with broken wings new replacements if you know your product is defective AE did it with the rc8
The American distributor will replace them in the middle of june when he is up and running .not a problem .but we also know how many we sold to the states so he will replace only the ones that people can send him back broken or new as long as its a cobra wing we dont have a problem .Now wing to return no replacement .

thank you
Old 05-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

in a way thats good but what about the people who have thrown the wings away already if you knew there was a problem and even thought of offering a replacement why did you make a post saying that there were a bad batch of wings the way it sounds you knew about it before the wings made it to amain.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Wing

I liked my wing. It seemed to work very well on large jumps and getting into and out of corners. Especially long sweepers, it kept the rear end planted. I hope that I will be able to get a replacement in the near future. My lap times will be affected without it.

Thanks,
Neil
Old 05-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cheesecake
in a way thats good but what about the people who have thrown the wings away already if you knew there was a problem and even thought of offering a replacement why did you make a post saying that there were a bad batch of wings the way it sounds you knew about it before the wings made it to amain.
one thing you need to know about me im a straight shooter and i dont lie to anyone about anything .
Im a man of my word to all not only to some .

TMA was told this and was asked not to supply ok .Mike kazz told me about it and thats one person i do trust .

I told sam felish and i have the email to prove it .

well anway please send me an email at [email protected] if you had a problem with the wing and we will organise a replacement through our distributor in the USA mid june .

thank you for your time

regards Angelo
Old 05-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That's an awesome thing to do Angelo.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

by saying that you wing is the only one that is legal, are you saying that all the others wings drivers use are illegal to roar/ifmar?
Old 05-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
As said everything can be broken and grade of "cart wheeling" or crash is very subjective. Due to nature of the wing design it has more edges and shapes that for sure does not make it the strongest ever made. From my experiences it takes pretty severe hits w/o breaking but eventually it will let go as will do every other wing on the market. Depending on the hit it might happen sooner or then it might happen later.

Anyway the purpose of the wing and it's performance is not linked to stand some joe averages crashing but to how it effects the cars jumping and cornering characteristics. For sure you would like to have a wing that stands anything but if you do a lot of crashing during rounds you will not benefit from the Team Cobra wing anyway -> you are as well off with any other wing out there. Any single wing on the market will not win you races but if you are able to keep your car on it's wheels and need some more on fast corners and big jumps I'm sure the Cobra wing will help you to take the next step.

Just for my 2c

i am a fairly good driver. my car is on its wheels more than it's top....just stating a fact that I had with the wing.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The American distributor will replace them in the middle of june when he is up and running .not a problem .but we also know how many we sold to the states so he will replace only the ones that people can send him back broken or new as long as its a cobra wing we dont have a problem .Now wing to return no replacement .

thank you
threw mine in the trash that was next to my pit. so i am out of a replacement also?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nik
by saying that you wing is the only one that is legal, are you saying that all the others wings drivers use are illegal to roar/ifmar?
Im not saying that its just in finland they were running some race and the only one that was legal was the cobra wing as the proline,hong nor and himoto were not excepted.now i dont know why but thats what i was told .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.