R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   XRAY XB808: Which engine, header and pipe should I purchase? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/222320-xray-xb808-engine-header-pipe-should-i-purchase.html)

jt415gz 05-17-2008 12:20 AM

XRAY XB808: Which engine, header and pipe should I purchase?

Hello peepz,

Just needed some helpful information from you guys about what engine I should purchase for the lovely XRAY XB808.

I was thinking about the Novarossi 367 package.
Is this one of the top motors out there? :p

Money isn't an object, so I just want the best engine, manifold and pipe.

Also, what two servos for throttle and steering? (Maybe two high torques?)

I can always find it cheaper on the Net.

Please, voice your opinions and any recommendations.

hyper7vspec 05-17-2008 12:36 AM

Hey buddy,

If you want the most reliable and quickest motor buy a OS .21 Speed vspec with a OS 2060 pipe and manifold set.Very smooth power delivery!

I assure you that this motor and pipe combo will provide fantastic power and runtime plus will be super easy to tune and reliable everytime you start it up, it wont let you down.

For servos there are many great ones. I used to run the ace ds1015 and it was fantatstic,plus the ace servos are pretty cheap and top quality.

Now i run JR servos for steering i run a jr 8915 and for throttle i run a 8715.These servos are internally identical, the only difference is the 8915 has a large red heatsink.The specs are identical.

They have not let me down at all and i have been using them for a while, they are super fast and strong.I would reccomend them.

I hope i have helped with your choice and if you run the gear i have reccomended you wont have a problem.

Have fun mate

cheers
Andrew

K.Copeland 05-17-2008 12:45 AM

I"d go with the DDD .21 with the Nikasil sleeve and AE RTR ceramic coated exhaust.

Maximo 05-17-2008 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by xrayeddy (Post 4452860)
I"d go with the DDD .21 with the Nikasil sleeve and AE RTR ceramic coated exhaust.

DDD ?

Davidka 05-17-2008 06:08 AM

Must we really do this thread again? I think we see a new one every week.

Ron Goetter 05-17-2008 06:14 AM

+1 on the engine pipe combo.:nod:

However I like the futaba bls351 for steering and the bls451 for the throttle.

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec (Post 4452852)
Hey buddy,

If you want the most reliable and quickest motor buy a OS .21 Speed vspec with a OS 2060 pipe and manifold set.Very smooth power delivery!

I assure you that this motor and pipe combo will provide fantastic power and runtime plus will be super easy to tune and reliable everytime you start it up, it wont let you down.

For servos there are many great ones. I used to run the ace ds1015 and it was fantatstic,plus the ace servos are pretty cheap and top quality.

Now i run JR servos for steering i run a jr 8915 and for throttle i run a 8715.These servos are internally identical, the only difference is the 8915 has a large red heatsink.The specs are identical.

They have not let me down at all and i have been using them for a while, they are super fast and strong.I would reccomend them.

I hope i have helped with your choice and if you run the gear i have reccomended you wont have a problem.

Have fun mate

cheers
Andrew

K.Copeland 05-17-2008 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Maximo (Post 4452872)
DDD ?

Mencia RC Modelischmoe.

houston 05-17-2008 10:45 AM

novarossi p5xs , dynamite 086 pipe/header comb. workhorse and super fast ! novarossi 821b is a screamer , love this one (same pipe/header combo). plus 21-5k = super smooth and killer power delivery . you cant go wrong with novarossi engines :D
monty
pm me if you need more info .

Maximo 05-17-2008 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by xrayeddy (Post 4453576)
Mencia RC Modelischmoe.

I googled that and came up blank.......What engine are you talking ?

houston 05-17-2008 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Maximo (Post 4453657)
I googled that and came up blank.......What engine are you talking ?

its a joke max , ha ha !!!

jt415gz 05-17-2008 11:32 AM

Yea man, I am a long time fan of Novarossi they always have the quality shit but at a premium price. I love my 35 plus 21 LC edition on my 1/8th MRX-4X~!

In 1/8th scale on-road a lot of people that I know have complained about the rear ceramic bearings dieing too early, due to the fact that the nitro in the fuel eats up the ceramic balls faster then steel. So almost everyone immediately swaps out to steel bearings after break-in, will this problem still exist in .21 off-road engines?? Or is ceramic the way to go as far as off-roading?

Thanks buddies for the help

I might either go with the Nova 367 package

ORRR

O.S. MAX 2008 V-Spec...i have read it is a all around respectable engine with new carb design

ezveedub 05-17-2008 11:50 AM

The 367 vs 08 VSpec will be different both power and feel wise. The 367 will be smoother than the OS, but the OS will be bottom happy while the 367 is more mid to top, but still has smooth bottom, just not as aggressive. Since the XB808 is light and similar to the 8ight, I would go with the 367, just use #6 glowplugs, not the #7. Too much bottom might be overkill. It would be better to say use a 367 or OS Speed. The OS Speed is more though since you need a pipe set, but has ballistic bottom end. Check on the 367's though, as some were blowing out the kits. The big money Nova's are being imported now only as the engine, not with all the other stuff they used to come with.

WheelNut 05-17-2008 12:25 PM

I really like KO 2367 servos for buggy on steering and throttle. For a motor I would advise you to not get a Werks B7 Pro. The last engine I had before that was a Novarossi and it was the best engine I've owned, but it was the old 421B that I bought off a friend who had broke it in 3 years ago and never ran it since, so I would definately give a nod to Novarossi as that will be next engine (not sure which one though).

ezveedub 05-17-2008 12:50 PM

As a FYI, the JP B8N is a S421B done JP style. I have the Modded version sitting in a box also.

Breakin2 05-17-2008 03:02 PM

I got the GRP .21 Promo. Can't tell you how it runs yet because I haven't fired it up. However, it looks real nice.