Search

What to get RB WS7 or C6BB?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? What to get RB WS7 or C6BB?

What to get RB WS7 or C6BB?

I have the opportunity to pick up either of these of for my XRAY XT8 and was wondering which would best suit my needs. The XT8 will be run on a course that is mostly turns and jumps. No straights.

I'm a beginner and I'm not sure which one to get.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ezi
Old 05-16-2008, 03:27 PM
BSC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

To drive the bigger wheels around a technical track i would go the C6 It has more bottem end and top speed , it is a far more agressive motor with more talk which makes it more suited to the XT8 Truggy .
Old 05-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Both would be a good choice. Normally i would say c6 for a truggy but if your new go with the ws7. It will be a better motor while you learn your driving style and still will be plenty for your truck.

If you want a more reasonable priced mill look at the falcon .21 I have one and it rips, I absolutely love it. But if you are only looking at those 2 choices based on what you said get the ws7. Lots of people will suggest the c6 for a truggy but please believe me that as a new driver you will be MUCH happier with a ws7.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSC
To drive the bigger wheels around a technical track i would go the C6 It has more bottem end and top speed , it is a far more agressive motor with more talk which makes it more suited to the XT8 Truggy .
Actually the C6BB has less top speed, but will accelerate to its top speed sooner than the WS7III. This is according to Rody from RB.

+1 for the C6BB. HOWEVER, you say that you are a beginner. I would then recommend a less powerful engine. Beginners are usually faster around the track with less overall power. Pick up the OS .21 VG instead for a while.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Long stroke C6BBT definately for the heavy truggy XT8. In fact you might even find it underpowered for clearing doubles or triples. For power, move up to OS28XZ!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ken4
Long stroke C6BBT definately for the heavy truggy XT8. In fact you might even find it underpowered for clearing doubles or triples. For power, move up to OS28XZ!
I mean no disrespect but you have to be kidding. A c6 not having enough power, now thats one I never heard about.

Trust me if your new go with the ws7, you wont regret it! If you do consider other engines REALLY think about the falcon I am super impressed with mine.

The os vg are ok but dont hold up as long as the rb motors but then again dont cost near as much either. Same holds true for go techs they are good motors but wont hold up as well as a rb or novarossi in general. I will probably get flamed from say this but take my word for it stay away from vspecs!

Most importantly have fun, after all thats what 99% of us racers are here for!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

blowpopracer, Im flamming you on the" stay away from the vspec" .LOL .. My v-spec's riip in anything I put them in ,and if taken care of right they will last .Anyway My good friend and fellow racer runs a ws7II in his Jammin CRT, witch is not a light truck by any means. He loves it its got plenty of bottom end and endless top and better fuel consumption than a .28.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ken4
a c6 in an xt8 will not be underpowered on most any track..the xt8 is a very light truggy..when I ran an xt8, I did not have a problem clearing any double or triple (that any other driver could make..there are going to be some that you have to double/single, etc) and I always ran a 21.

Between those two engines, I would get the C6, but if you are a beginner, I would honestly tell ya to look at an OS..either the VG as mentioned above, or the Vspec...both tune a lot easier (read less finicky then an RB or most other Italian motors for that matter). Either one of them are tough to beat for the price...Go tech has a large following as well (although I have not run one, I do race against a couple of them and they are strong)
Old 05-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

The c6 is great power on the bottom to it's top,ws7111 has some more top than the c6 and a little less bottom.Both are great durable and long lasting motors.The key will be your clutch set up.I have run both in a jammin and losi truggies.C6 did spool up quicker for the tight corner leading in a jump rite away.I think the tuning on the standard plug engines you mentioned if they are is hard to beat.Ws7 11 is three years old 15 gallons old and the same tune is on it +- 1 hour depending on the day.210-220 never touch it.The turbos are a bit more sensitive and require more day temp adjusting.Oh and get the pipe so you can really appreciate the motor.198(long) and a 2045 pipe,i tried all the rest and this by far gave me the best results and mileage.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

rb's are great engines and last. i started out my first NEW engine was a c6. i might make a suggestion however. i would get a c6 and maybe a less expensive s3 or a go tech regular 3 port. why? learn the ins and outs and driving smooth without wrecking and wearing out a great racing engine. if you make a begineer tuning error its always better to do it to a 125-200 dollar engine than a 400 dollar one. plus it gives you another engine to practice with. just my 2 cents nothing wrong with the C6 at all just wouldnt put all the bumps and bruises on it.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have been running a new Sirio CL7B STI.. very powerful motor, feels more like a 28 then a 21 as far as torque is concerned, but it still has a great .21 feeling top end........... I just started running the motor so I have no idea of long term reliability..but by all accounts so far this is one kick ass engine...... I believe its the most powerful offroad .21 yet...or at least according to its dyno results...1.8 HP and 70 oz/in on the X-Dyno
Old 05-17-2008, 01:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was going to ask these very same questions as my mate is looking at an RB engine.

If the C6 has more torque, it is what we want. In that case which C6 is better?

C6-BB7T or C6 BB TURBO L2G?

this will be run in a buggy, loose soil track that needs torque. large jumps with small lead up and tight corners and 1 straight. track length about 350m..

cheers
Old 05-17-2008, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The only difference between the C6BB7T and the L2G is the cooling head. Buy which one you think looks cooler
Old 05-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mugenlife
rb's are great engines and last. i started out my first NEW engine was a c6. i might make a suggestion however. i would get a c6 and maybe a less expensive s3 or a go tech regular 3 port. why? learn the ins and outs and driving smooth without wrecking and wearing out a great racing engine. if you make a begineer tuning error its always better to do it to a 125-200 dollar engine than a 400 dollar one. plus it gives you another engine to practice with. just my 2 cents nothing wrong with the C6 at all just wouldnt put all the bumps and bruises on it.
1+ Great minds work the same.