Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Inferno MP9 thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Reply

Old 06-06-2013, 06:41 AM
  #14476  
Tech Apprentice
 
setanborneo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 90
Default

Originally Posted by underway View Post
PK is somewhere losing his mind.... AGAMA outdrives!!!!! lolol I've been running my MP9 for about 4 gallons and the outdrives still look great. I believe they got the problem fixed a while ago. Only issue I had was the chassis flex, drill hole for clutchbell clearance, replace rear stiffener and keep racing. Do not put Agama outdrives on your MP9, thats like putting hyundai brakepads on your Ferrari.
+100000
setanborneo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:51 AM
  #14477  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by underway View Post
PK is somewhere losing his mind.... AGAMA outdrives!!!!! lolol I've been running my MP9 for about 4 gallons and the outdrives still look great. I believe they got the problem fixed a while ago. Only issue I had was the chassis flex, drill hole for clutchbell clearance, replace rear stiffener and keep racing. Do not put Agama outdrives on your MP9, thats like putting hyundai brakepads on your Ferrari.
PK loves Agama parts and he loves BCE chassis too.
jzemaxx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:55 AM
  #14478  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 297
Default

Do you make a hole on a Ferrari???? No you dont... I have the king Headz extended mount and never had any problem with the clutch bell.. What happen to the people that make that hole and race on muddy conditions... Answer me that
segreda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:19 AM
  #14479  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
underway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,399
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by segreda View Post
Do you make a hole on a Ferrari???? No you dont... I have the king Headz extended mount and never had any problem with the clutch bell.. What happen to the people that make that hole and race on muddy conditions... Answer me that
they are stuck with a Muddy Hole???? Probably go along with the rear stiffener??

I like the flex of the chassis, just dont like killing clutches. So easy and FREE fix is a nice hole(muddy or clean).
underway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:47 AM
  #14480  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 34
Default Drilled chassis

This is a picture of Yuichi Kanais car straight off his FaceBook page. If he thinks the best method for solving the problem is to drill a hole in the chassis than ill go with that as well. Im not going to put other brand parts on my car but, i will slightly modify it to cure what is really a minor issue. All that flex is one of the reasons the car is so good.

RCNUTZ79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:54 AM
  #14481  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
underway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,399
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

BINGO!

Look Up.... Thats a hole in a Ferrari!
underway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:00 AM
  #14482  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 34
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by underway View Post
BINGO!

Look Up.... Thats a hole in a Ferrari!
LOL!
RCNUTZ79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:40 AM
  #14483  
SEF
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
SEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 2,151
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

I think I'll put Associated outdrives, motor mount, and chassis brace on mine Might throw some of their shocks on as well

In all honesty, I've gone through several chassis both drilled and not drilled. I've been lucky and the rubbing hasn't caused any clutch or flameout issues. Never noticed and difference in longevity of clutch shoes, clutch bell, or bearings. I did the drilling just for piece of mind.

Just keep the hole as minimal as possible. I saw one person remove the entire milled section underneath the clutch bell and the chassis flex was considerable. Enough to ruin gear mesh and start chipping teeth.
SEF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:26 AM
  #14484  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 560
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

TKI 2 Spec A for sale

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tki2-spec.html
ForwardBite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:27 AM
  #14485  
Tech Master
iTrader: (82)
 
BIGTIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,313
Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)
Default

Feels good to be home....

BIGTIME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:38 AM
  #14486  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 297
Default

Originally Posted by underway View Post
BINGO!

Look Up.... Thats a hole in a Ferrari!
Glad you have the time to pick fights in forums... The person who came with the term "Ferrari" was you... I only ask some feedback about the Persons who do the chassis hole and race at muddy conditions ( not muddy holes) , mud can enter the hole and start a mes there... Not only kanai do it , almost any factory drive does it ( i have Facebook too) , any way those team drivers have many chasis but not the average racers... Many people play safe like i do...
segreda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:48 AM
  #14487  
SEF
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
SEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 2,151
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

If you are talking about muddy as in they kept the water on for a little too long, then not a problem with the drilled hole.

If you are talking about raining all day kind of muddy, then I can't comment living in sunny Cali.

But hey, there's already a much larger rectangular opening for the flywheel, I can't imagine the extra mud entering the drilled hole would cause any more problems. If it were me, I probably wouldn't have any additional worries running in muddy conditions if I had the drilled hole in my chassis.
SEF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:57 AM
  #14488  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
underway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,399
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by segreda View Post
Glad you have the time to pick fights in forums... The person who came with the term "Ferrari" was you... I only ask some feedback about the Persons who do the chassis hole and race at muddy conditions ( not muddy holes) , mud can enter the hole and start a mes there... Not only kanai do it , almost any factory drive does it ( i have Facebook too) , any way those team drivers have many chasis but not the average racers... Many people play safe like i do...
Easy there killer( i know you are not killer, its an American saying)... I'm not picking a fight. I've done the hole and raced on a wet track. its no different than the big rectangle that allows you access to the flywheel. Yes a little mud/dirt will get in there but it wont hurt anything. Make cleanup a little more time consuming but thats about it. The point was. If its good enough for Kanai(the designer and GODFATHER of Kyosho) its good enough for little ole me. Mud never hurt a chassis, just made the clean up a little more tedious. Relative terms, the Kyosho is an RC Ferrari... meaning a finely designed and built piece of excellence. No need for aftermarket this or that. Just a small hole is all that is needed. My bad if I offended you. Why Argue??? We drive Kyosho's!!!!!!!
underway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:59 AM
  #14489  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
underway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,399
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

you replied while I was typing.... but my thoughts exactly

Originally Posted by SEF View Post
If you are talking about muddy as in they kept the water on for a little too long, then not a problem with the drilled hole.

If you are talking about raining all day kind of muddy, then I can't comment living in sunny Cali.

But hey, there's already a much larger rectangular opening for the flywheel, I can't imagine the extra mud entering the drilled hole would cause any more problems. If it were me, I probably wouldn't have any additional worries running in muddy conditions if I had the drilled hole in my chassis.
underway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:38 PM
  #14490  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 297
Default

Originally Posted by underway View Post
Easy there killer( i know you are not killer, its an American saying)... I'm not picking a fight. I've done the hole and raced on a wet track. its no different than the big rectangle that allows you access to the flywheel. Yes a little mud/dirt will get in there but it wont hurt anything. Make cleanup a little more time consuming but thats about it. The point was. If its good enough for Kanai(the designer and GODFATHER of Kyosho) its good enough for little ole me. Mud never hurt a chassis, just made the clean up a little more tedious. Relative terms, the Kyosho is an RC Ferrari... meaning a finely designed and built piece of excellence. No need for aftermarket this or that. Just a small hole is all that is needed. My bad if I offended you. Why Argue??? We drive Kyosho's!!!!!!!

No offence... Thanks for the help
segreda is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service