Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 02-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bphil49
Carolinas RC has the new bulk heads http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...dProduct=12330
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert
hiya folks,

i've paid the peanuts and got the monkey... oh boy i must say, the mp9 IS the highest quality 1/8th kit right about now. i'm very impressed! the 808 was impressive but mp9 really cuts the cake.

i've just completed the build and it's been a real blast! everything fits just so. no forcing or sweating. there's just one thing i'm somewhat puzzled over... why is the fuel filter made from a kitchen sieve? ek-scoos me preez, meesta kanai-san, lan out of budget, yesh-preez?

is there an option part for the INSIDE of a fuel filter?

the buggy seems very conventional, 4 wheels, a wing, front steering, lotsa screws... so we'll really need to track it to find out it's magic.

for everyone out there who's not had the chance to build a mp9, i say, go out... get one and find out for yourself! worth every cent!

Shalom and God Bless!

-alexander
Alexander,
you will like the drive of the MP9!
Old 02-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default i can't wait...

Originally Posted by khoo
Alexander,
you will like the drive of the MP9!
unfortunately, i hear our buggy track owner only opens up on weekends, is that right?

PORT, SORT or the other ORTs are a mite far.

i do have a question for you mp9 owners though... i noticed that the clutch build does not require a smalll 2.6mm washer between the clutch shoes and the flywheel. should i add this in on my own accord? it was needed previously on the other kyosho buggies, if ima not wrong?

also, i'm considering getting a TCD for the centre diff. is the TCD a build and forget thingy, or is there actually a way to tune it to different conditions? if so, how? and how does it work? (i can understand xray's active diff, losi's smart diff and bbf's tactyl... they all work pretty much the same, pin hits ramp, ramp locks diff, adjusted by having different ramp profiles or springs) the kyosho lsd/tcd has no ramps nor springs right?

thanks and God Bless!

-alexander
Old 02-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

yes you need the washers between the shoes and the flywheel, look at your manual ;-)

and don't try the TCD in your centerdiff alone, combine it with TCD in front. Or just use TCD in front only, but build the car fist with the supplied oils. You will have enough steering, off- and onpower.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Default hhmmm...

Originally Posted by Matthijs
yes you need the washers between the shoes and the flywheel, look at your manual ;-)

and don't try the TCD in your centerdiff alone, combine it with TCD in front. Or just use TCD in front only, but build the car fist with the supplied oils. You will have enough steering, off- and onpower.
thanks for the advice Matthijs,

may i enquire how the TCD/LSD work? and is it adjustable like the BBF tactyls? if so, how is it adjusted?

i'm considering either the BBFs or the kyosho TCD/LSDs. i always thought a LSD in the centre can be used in pretty much any situation but front LSD is very track dependant? is that right? i have limited experience with torsens but i think these behave somewhat different.

the track we have is sandy with hard ground underneath, smallish in size, long straight is only about 1 second.

thanks again!

-alexander
Old 02-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

unfortunately, i hear our buggy track owner only opens up on weekends, is that right?

PORT, SORT or the other ORTs are a mite far.

i do have a question for you mp9 owners though... i noticed that the clutch build does not require a smalll 2.6mm washer between the clutch shoes and the flywheel. should i add this in on my own accord? it was needed previously on the other kyosho buggies, if ima not wrong?

also, i'm considering getting a TCD for the centre diff. is the TCD a build and forget thingy, or is there actually a way to tune it to different conditions? if so, how? and how does it work? (i can understand xray's active diff, losi's smart diff and bbf's tactyl... they all work pretty much the same, pin hits ramp, ramp locks diff, adjusted by having different ramp profiles or springs) the kyosho lsd/tcd has no ramps nor springs right?

thanks and God Bless!

-alexander
Alexander,
I've PM'd you. Call me
Cheers
Old 02-09-2009, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

thanks for the advice Matthijs,

may i enquire how the TCD/LSD work? and is it adjustable like the BBF tactyls? if so, how is it adjusted?

i'm considering either the BBFs or the kyosho TCD/LSDs. i always thought a LSD in the centre can be used in pretty much any situation but front LSD is very track dependant? is that right? i have limited experience with torsens but i think these behave somewhat different.

the track we have is sandy with hard ground underneath, smallish in size, long straight is only about 1 second.

thanks again!

-alexander
The TCD is not as adjustable or complicated as the other diffs out there, but basically will offer the same style of operation. The diff off power will run off the thin TCD oil (similar to like 1K), but when on power, the spider gears drag against the plates, causing it to lock, just like have a higher diff oil (5k-7k).

Dropping it in center will offer lots of turn-in (off-power) and hard punch exiting corner (on-power). If you have to turn while on power, you may lose some steering unless you back off the throttle. Stacking a TCD on the front will most likely add back some some on-power steering.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Tech Addict

one advice....do not (I repeat...do not) use the BBF's unless you like to put the diff's out of your car between qualifing and the finals, completely clean and rebuild them...

I've used TCD and torsen (fioroni) in front and liked them on a high grip track. I think if you have a loose top layer the handling of your car will be very unpredictable in the corners.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Those BBF's look like the Losi Smart Diffs. Can't see getting BBF diffs, they are pricey!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Mup
Tech Rookie

Default Build

Hi, I'm converting from a Losi. I have the ACER ceramic set and ready to put the MP9 together.

Any tips I need to be aware of. Any necessary hop ups?

What about the new updated rear diff housing "B", are they available?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Russell
Old 02-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mup
Hi, I'm converting from a Losi. I have the ACER ceramic set and ready to put the MP9 together.

Any tips I need to be aware of. Any necessary hop ups?

What about the new updated rear diff housing "B", are they available?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Russell
http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...dProduct=12330
they did have them yesterday

get the 2.3 front 2.5 rear bars and put cody world set up in with 3 in the rear diff and you be good to go
Old 02-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
hi guys,
just to share with you, 4th podium in a row here in Kuwait for my MP9 after a tough race yesterday, 39 racers, 10 drivers are Pro level and a one long racing day from 0800 till 2300 but this time i won the race (1st) , 2nd and 3rd are also kyoshos
we did a nice 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th kyosho sweep.......still no broken parts after 6 races and counting.

new costum painted proline body, proline crimefighters and a proline downforce wing. car looked awesome

hope you like it all,

cheers
Ali
Hey Ali,

Keep up the great work! You must be enjoying some great track weather down in the Gulf. It's no surprise that Kyosho is still the dominant one

BTW nice pics but what's up with the aftermarket body and wings. The OEM MP9 stuff are much more aesthetically pleasing not too say functional

Salam!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Key
Hey Ali,

Keep up the great work! You must be enjoying some great track weather down in the Gulf. It's no surprise that Kyosho is still the dominant one

BTW nice pics but what's up with the aftermarket body and wings. The OEM MP9 stuff are much more aesthetically pleasing not too say functional

Salam!
I was just looking at the same wing/body thing. Whats up with the body clip wing? Its like so MP777ish, LOL!

No seriously, I really prefer the OEM MP9 wings. New colors coming soon!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matthijs
one advice....do not (I repeat...do not) use the BBF's unless you like to put the diff's out of your car between qualifing and the finals, completely clean and rebuild them...

I've used TCD and torsen (fioroni) in front and liked them on a high grip track. I think if you have a loose top layer the handling of your car will be very unpredictable in the corners.
yikes!

Thanks for the word of warning Matthijs! i'll just consider the kyosho TCD/LSDs then.

shalom and God Bless!

-alexander
Old 02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Guys just a quick question plz..

These week i will be going to coventry for another astro turf race..

the question is how can i make the car steer more? both off annd on power if it is possible..

when i was there last time the car didnt have enough steering on the wet astro turf and i was using the best tyres i could have use..

but when i tried it another time on a park it did have a lot of steering obviously because the surface was different and dry..

so is there anything that i can fight the steering problem on the wet astro turf?
i did something the last time which it did worked a bit ..i lowered the front ride height but i cant go more because of the jumps i think.. ..
the front end will bottom out i think..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.