Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 01-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For the pipe side Velcro, I put a couple drops of thick CA glue on the back and it solves that problem
Old 01-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does the velcro stick to the body and plastic mudguards real good? Is de-natured alchohol cleaning good enough for adhesion, or is there something else i should do?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Velcro generally sticks well to the guards and the body, except for the pipe side due to the heat. Honestly, I've never bothered to clean anything before applying the Velcro, but it won't hurt. As far as the effects of using the Velcro or not, I don't run without it for a couple reasons. First, it does keep the dust and dirt down as well as keeping large rocks and pebbles out. Second, I believe it can improve handling both on the track and in the air by keeping the body tight to the buggy and minimizing air entering the body from below causing a parachute type effect....just my theory on this one
Old 01-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Sweet, Thank's for the replies guy's!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've never ran the velcro, but will give it a try based on the feedback. Would love to cut down on the dirt inside the car...
Old 01-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Fletch, How are the Hobby Shops in China?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys

Just thought I would give some feed back from the race meeting today
Did not have a great qualifying I started 10th in the amain and ended up 4th overall. It is my first race with the KCar it was really solid the tack was very loose off line and bumpy in certain areas.

My nova was really economical helping me get so far up in the main

Proud to be part of the Red Army
Old 01-06-2013, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
I've been looking for more steering from mid to exit. I run primarily at Revelation Raceway. Guys like Sean and Cody run here all the time. Definitely NOT even close to that level, but I have fun and try to compete in the lower levels.

I run Cody's Worlds setup on my tki3, but with orange springs all around and 42.5/27.5 Losi oils since the track is a little rough and bumpy. Seems to be a popular setup for this track. Car feels really planted, and easy to drive, but just looking for more corner speed and trying to get out of corners faster.

Here is a video when a friend of mine let me borrow his Ninja B02. I usually run Nova engines. This was the first tank I ran, so in the first few minutes I am trying to get used to the completely different power band. Any advice, driving or setup wise would be appreciated.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Your driving looks pretty good in the video. The camera man's shooting ability needs some work! Your front shock oil seems too thick... especially in temps nearing 55 degrees and with orange springs. I don't even know how it rebounds! From my cold weather experimenting this time of year (granted not at Rev) I think you may want to try 37.5 (TLR). I think your diffs are too thick as well. Try 5/5/3. Also, bias your brakes for more rear braking and less front braking. Not so much that your rear tires lock as soon as you touch the trigger. The idea is to have less front braking so the front tires can roll sorta freely thereby keeping their traction and keeping your turn radius tight. Too much front brake can make the car go wider. Adding in more brake to the rear makes the car have a tendancy to start to spin. If you get it right, it won't spin. It'll only start to spin and then stay kicked out to the side. Jumping on the gas after it starts to spin, but before it gets stuck kicked out to the side, will keep the rotation going. The front tires will be hooked and the rear tires will be pivoting around them and you can drive out of it on power.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone noticed that the stock TKI3 brake disks are warped and that makes the car not stop smoothly at all? I say this because I noticed my car was pulsating to a stop. The brakes seemed grabby. I put in new Kyosho brake disks and pads and the problem was still there. The vented rotors as well. I resurfaced the second set of stock brake disks by hand on a flat grinding stone and the problem finally went away. A fellow racer at my track told me he had the same issue with his Kyosho. Anyone? And what is the remedy beside having to grind them by hand for a half hour on each side?
Old 01-06-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Foosmatrix
The Velcro generally sticks well to the guards and the body, except for the pipe side due to the heat. Honestly, I've never bothered to clean anything before applying the Velcro, but it won't hurt. As far as the effects of using the Velcro or not, I don't run without it for a couple reasons. First, it does keep the dust and dirt down as well as keeping large rocks and pebbles out. Second, I believe it can improve handling both on the track and in the air by keeping the body tight to the buggy and minimizing air entering the body from below causing a parachute type effect....just my theory on this one
Well stated! I agree!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO
Has anyone noticed that the stock TKI3 brake disks are warped and that makes the car not stop smoothly at all? I say this because I noticed my car was pulsating to a stop. The brakes seemed grabby. I put in new Kyosho brake disks and pads and the problem was still there. The vented rotors as well. I resurfaced the second set of stock brake disks by hand on a flat grinding stone and the problem finally went away. A fellow racer at my track told me he had the same issue with his Kyosho. Anyone? And what is the remedy beside having to grind them by hand for a half hour on each side?
Yes, same here. We had traveled to a kbrl race in Tucson and I was going over my car in the hotel the night before race day. Couldn't figure out why my brakes were sticking. It wound up being warped stock discs. Went with the vented and haven't had the issue arise yet
Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I finally had the chance to get my MP9 out to a nice indoor track. Moist smooth clay and fairly technical. My current setup can be viewed here Baseline TKI3 Setup. I had very little steering off power and on power which leads me to believe it was a tire problem. Hard throttle would spin the back end around on command but coasting into a corner at any normal entry speed left me with almost no steering. My first step will be to try different tires, does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm more concerned with off power steering at this point. I will also make some geometry changes to get closer to CWS (Cody's Worlds Setup) namely raising the front roll center and shortening my rear camber links.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McD44
I finally had the chance to get my MP9 out to a nice indoor track. Moist smooth clay and fairly technical. My current setup can be viewed here Baseline TKI3 Setup. I had very little steering off power and on power which leads me to believe it was a tire problem. Hard throttle would spin the back end around on command but coasting into a corner at any normal entry speed left me with almost no steering. My first step will be to try different tires, does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm more concerned with off power steering at this point. I will also make some geometry changes to get closer to CWS (Cody's Worlds Setup) namely raising the front roll center and shortening my rear camber links.

i see your from kazoo where have you found to run your car indoors? just curious for other options
Old 01-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dooug1960
i see your from kazoo where have you found to run your car indoors? just curious for other options
This was at AMS Raceway in Grand Blanc.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McD44

You make sure your ride heighth is set right ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.