Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 12-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guy's sorry for being lazy, but could someone post the page or part numbers to convert my WC to a 3? Thank's! Wasn't there a seller on ebay that would sell the complete kit?
Old 12-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolution03
Whats up steve They can be but you have to buy swing shafts and remove the pins from them. They dont sell the pins separately. I have the number but i will have to look for it.
Hey Chase, I just talked with Sidney and he gave me part #IF144.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I've been lurking this thread for months now since I became interested in the MP9 trying to get unsolicited opinions and set up tips. Three weeks ago I finally picked up a used updated, well taken cared of TKi2 almost a TKi3 (I honestly still don't know the difference between the two).

I previously wheeled a Losi 8ight 2.0 and was fairly successful with it. Without sounding as though I'm boasting, I've managed to win a couple of club races and except for a couple of DNF's (due to motor issues) almost always podiumed. 2013 I think I'll be piloting the MP9.

Anyhow, last Sunday I finally put it on the track with the set up as close to stock as possible with what I had. I ran it with black springs in the front and light blue in the rear. Slight push entering corners but I was pleasantly surprised with the handling and performance, I immediately found the suspension handle the rough parts a lot better and made me more consistent and I could push a little harder than with my Losi 8ight 2.0, but even more impressive is its braking prowess... it is so much more consistent and linear.

Second day with it today on the track, I ran it excatly the same except for blue springs all around, the push is gone and this thing wicked. This racing machine is so driveable and responds to driver input without getting out of position.

It came with the 1.2/8 (black) shock pistons and was thinking of going with the 1.3/8 (white) as most guys here are running. My questions are; 1st what is the difference between the black and white pistons. 2nd when would the tapered pistons be beneficial?

I'm really excited with it and I want to thank you guys in advance for your helpful tips and advice with this awesome machine.

Happy and Safe New Year and great racing in 2013 to everyone!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Dang Krash, You look solid with the Kyosho. Glad you finally saw the light and like everyone says, You have to actually drive one to know why we love the MP9 so much. Everyone complains about the price but once they try it, they know right away. I am positive you'll be successful racing the K in 2013. Now you got me all shook up and I have no advantage now!
I also read somewhere that some don't care for the new angled hole pistons. Well today as I was trying to find my set up, I didn't have to touch my oils in the shocks all day. I just built them with 45/35 and felt pretty good as I was only playing with camber and diff oils. I still want to play with the shock oils though as I feel I am still a little off my old set up. But for now, I kinda like the new pistons.
I may want to try the older white, non angled hole pistons though, just to compare.
I'll be piloting a new ride for 2013 but until it gets here, I'll still enjoy my TKI3.
Good luck in 2013, I see a lot of podiums for you soon
Old 12-31-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Pistons

Congrats on the new ride....The stock angled pistons are really made for smooth tracks with bigger jumps, that need alot of pack and little rebound. On a rougher track you will notice the buggy being thrown around alot with the stock pistons...

But if you race on most tracks around the US, that are outdoor tracks, that have all types of jumps, ruts, moguls, you will find the 1.3 x 8 straight hole pistons the best...... they really soak up little bumps and ruts with no problems, they are probably the best all around shock piston.I think a good starting point with the 1.3 x8, is 45ft/ 30r losi oils and adjust from there. Good luck in 2013 with your new ride......

Walid
Originally Posted by krash'um
Hey guys,

I've been lurking this thread for months now since I became interested in the MP9 trying to get unsolicited opinions and set up tips. Three weeks ago I finally picked up a used updated, well taken cared of TKi2 almost a TKi3 (I honestly still don't know the difference between the two).

I previously wheeled a Losi 8ight 2.0 and was fairly successful with it. Without sounding as though I'm boasting, I've managed to win a couple of club races and except for a couple of DNF's (due to motor issues) almost always podiumed. 2013 I think I'll be piloting the MP9.

Anyhow, last Sunday I finally put it on the track with the set up as close to stock as possible with what I had. I ran it with black springs in the front and light blue in the rear. Slight push entering corners but I was pleasantly surprised with the handling and performance, I immediately found the suspension handle the rough parts a lot better and made me more consistent and I could push a little harder than with my Losi 8ight 2.0, but even more impressive is its braking prowess... it is so much more consistent and linear.

Second day with it today on the track, I ran it excatly the same except for blue springs all around, the push is gone and this thing wicked. This racing machine is so driveable and responds to driver input without getting out of position.

It came with the 1.2/8 (black) shock pistons and was thinking of going with the 1.3/8 (white) as most guys here are running. My questions are; 1st what is the difference between the black and white pistons. 2nd when would the tapered pistons be beneficial?

I'm really excited with it and I want to thank you guys in advance for your helpful tips and advice with this awesome machine.

Happy and Safe New Year and great racing in 2013 to everyone!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neesh
Dang Krash, You look solid with the Kyosho. Glad you finally saw the light and like everyone says, You have to actually drive one to know why we love the MP9 so much. Everyone complains about the price but once they try it, they know right away. I am positive you'll be successful racing the K in 2013. Now you got me all shook up and I have no advantage now!
I also read somewhere that some don't care for the new angled hole pistons. Well today as I was trying to find my set up, I didn't have to touch my oils in the shocks all day. I just built them with 45/35 and felt pretty good as I was only playing with camber and diff oils. I still want to play with the shock oils though as I feel I am still a little off my old set up. But for now, I kinda like the new pistons.
I may want to try the older white, non angled hole pistons though, just to compare.
I'll be piloting a new ride for 2013 but until it gets here, I'll still enjoy my TKI3.
Good luck in 2013, I see a lot of podiums for you soon
Thanks Mr. Neesh! Your old ride/My new ride is awesome. I can't wait to see your new one, I know whatever it is you'll be fast and everyone will be trying to catch you.

Originally Posted by walidelagamy
Congrats on the new ride....The stock angled pistons are really made for smooth tracks with bigger jumps, that need alot of pack and little rebound. On a rougher track you will notice the buggy being thrown around alot with the stock pistons...

But if you race on most tracks around the US, that are outdoor tracks, that have all types of jumps, ruts, moguls, you will find the 1.3 x 8 straight hole pistons the best...... they really soak up little bumps and ruts with no problems, they are probably the best all around shock piston.I think a good starting point with the 1.3 x8, is 45ft/ 30r losi oils and adjust from there. Good luck in 2013 with your new ride......

Walid
Thanks Walid, I'm a believer.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman007
Jr did your times drop vs your Xray?
I think it has made me a little faster than the xray which had Kshocks. The bigger difference I see is am am not constantly wrenching on it to get it dialed. The xray is a good car, but man it needs to have the shocks perfect. The kyosho is just dialed, fill her with fuel and go race.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
I think it has made me a little faster than the xray which had Kshocks. The bigger difference I see is am am not constantly wrenching on it to get it dialed. The xray is a good car, but man it needs to have the shocks perfect. The kyosho is just dialed, fill her with fuel and go race.

I'm going to try and come down to see you guys and drive yours and John's buggy before I buy mbx7 if that is ok?

I think one guy at Indy has mbx7 have you drove it yet?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Ron, do you run the same set up at Speed Monkey and at Mike's and Indy?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Motorman007
I'm going to try and come down to see you guys and drive yours and John's buggy before I buy mbx7 if that is ok?

I think one guy at Indy has mbx7 have you drove it yet?
Sure thing, Dibbs. Anytime!

I have not driven the 7. No doubt it is a good ride though. The drive train should be a little smoother, but nothing is like a Kyosho drivetrain. I ran the 6 for about 2 years but just feel more connected to C hub car. Just a preference I guess. PBS just feels numb in comparison to me.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by freefallmarine
Ron, do you run the same set up at Speed Monkey and at Mike's and Indy?
Haven't been to Mikes yet but would venture to say my Speed Monkey setup would be good. At Indy I ran 45/ 35 and light blue springs. 45/30 with orange is really good at Speed Monkey. 573 diffs at Indy, and 563 at Speed monkey. That's it, nothing magical. Everything else is King's 2010 worlds setup.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
Haven't been to Mikes yet but would venture to say my Speed Monkey setup would be good. At Indy I ran 45/ 35 and light blue springs. 45/30 with orange is really good at Speed Monkey. 573 diffs at Indy, and 563 at Speed monkey. That's it, nothing magical. Everything else is King's 2010 worlds setup.
PLUS 1!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Thank's Russ!! Thank's Ron!!, Ill see you guy's after hunting season.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:12 PM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default swingshaft / driveshaft pin replacement

Originally Posted by stevetford
Can the drive pins in the swing shafts be replaced? I'm referring to the pin that fits into the diff outdrives on a TKI3 kit. If so does anyone have the replacement pin part numbers. Thank you
Hey Steve,

I replaced all of mine a few weeks back with some of the standard Hudy 3 x 14mm pins and they've been working flawless so far.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HH
Hey Steve,

I replaced all of mine a few weeks back with some of the standard Hudy 3 x 14mm pins and they've been working flawless so far.
how did you get those in there? there like 2.9mm , did you heat the ends ?

anyway , usually just replace driveaxles when ends are worn , i do save all the old ones if you want em

kyosho = high quality and no tank issues

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.