Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 11-13-2012, 07:00 PM
  #11881  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
305M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,222
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
Hey guys,

Few questions,
1-Do you guys use the stock TKI3 diaphragms or the IF346-03?
2- the shocks limiter washer thing, how many mm, and why since youll have less droop ?

Cheers

Ali
Hey Ali!

No clue what the answers to your questions are, but wanted to see how the season is shaping up for you. I put away nitro a couple of weeks ago and decided to do 1/10 buggy. It's fun...

Good luck this season!
305M3 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 PM
  #11882  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Foosmatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 240
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Kanai had said he had 4 new mp9 parts for worlds. I'm guessing we've seen them. 1. 16* hubs 2 wheel weights 3 hard rear lower arms 4 kyosho TI turnbuckles
Foosmatrix is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:03 PM
  #11883  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Perth, West Australia.
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Helps calm the rear end down - lowers the roll center and slows the roll reaction down.
Cheers Sean, I knew what the setting does, just curious as to if it is to do with the weights. PS you don't need to answer this until the 9th Dec lol

Hey Don, didn't know you were going through that! Hope you're doing better and winning the fight! Congrats to you and Dylan on the Nevada Champs, and best of luck to you guys down in Argentina!

+1 I don't know you Don but I sure do hope you will be ok mate.
.
smelly62 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 PM
  #11884  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Foosmatrix
Kanai had said he had 4 new mp9 parts for worlds. I'm guessing we've seen them. 1. 16* hubs 2 wheel weights 3 hard rear lower arms 4 kyosho TI turnbuckles
if kyosho wins the worlds i bet we see a TKI3 WC.!!!!!!!!!!
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:26 PM
  #11885  
J33
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
J33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 137
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Is the 777 spot on to install or do i need to modify? Just ordered a couple from amain.


Originally Posted by smelly62
The latest WC front arms are better but not indestructable. Also the 777 arms can be made to fit, I haven't done it but Jerome Agoine from France has done it. The 777 arms are strong as. Both my son and I raced 777 since they came out until they were replaced by the MP9 and we never broke a front arm, broke everything around them but never the arm.
J33 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 PM
  #11886  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by smelly62
.
Hahahaha smelly!

It's fine, maybe my tighty-whiteys were on a bit too tight last night, I dunno lol. I'm pretty sure the setting is just something he was either testing, or is more comfortable running. It really doesn't have anything to do with the weights. The roll center is more about how the sprung mass reacts to bumps, roll, etc. Adding unsprung weight is really only done in this instance to add inertia to the suspension/wheels...
AZRC4Me is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:37 PM
  #11887  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
if kyosho wins the worlds i bet we see a TKI3 WC.!!!!!!!!!!
Possibly, but I wouldn't expect to see the hubs or the weights in a kit anytime soon.
AZRC4Me is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 PM
  #11888  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SEAN GAFFENY

DID u read the deal with the kyosho lock nuts and the narrow rear hubs???
do u think kyosho would do something about it??

wouldnt think them weights or hubs would be in a wc kit, if it happeneds. i kinda see the harder rear arms and the turnbuckles in the kit and 93mm drive shafts at the most?
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:45 PM
  #11889  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
Hey guys,

Few questions,
1-Do you guys use the stock TKI3 diaphragms or the IF346-03?
2- the shocks limiter washer thing, how many mm, and why since youll have less droop ?

Cheers

Ali
I run the -03s and so does Cody. I haven't tried the TKI3 HC diaphragms yet, but have some. It's one of those things where the -03s have been so good, I haven't found a need to try anything else. I probably will at some point but my guess is it'll be a minor change, borderline difficult to feel.

I've never thought to do the shock limiter trick on 1/8th scale. I do it in 1/10th scale sometimes, but don't really like it (in either case) since if I want to change droop I have to rebuild shocks. The idea is to use the shock limiters inside the shocks to limit the droop and remove the screws to save the chassis in that area. Honestly, like HH said earlier, I wouldn't want my shocks limiting the droop. I always set the shocks up so they are slightly compressed at the droop I want to run - keeps the stress off the shocks.

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
hey guys have u all tried the kyosho lock nuts on ur buggys and stripped out the hex hub and the nut??? should i contract kyosho american for replacement??????
I run them on my buggy, and I have stripped hubs before but it was my fault, not the locknuts - if you overtighten them, you run the risk of laying the threads over on the hubs, then when you go to take the wheels off, you flatten the rest of the threads.

Good to see some new faces here in the forums, sounds like you guys are really enjoying the K-Car - glad to hear it!!
AZRC4Me is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 PM
  #11890  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
I run the -03s and so does Cody. I haven't tried the TKI3 HC diaphragms yet, but have some. It's one of those things where the -03s have been so good, I haven't found a need to try anything else. I probably will at some point but my guess is it'll be a minor change, borderline difficult to feel.

I've never thought to do the shock limiter trick on 1/8th scale. I do it in 1/10th scale sometimes, but don't really like it (in either case) since if I want to change droop I have to rebuild shocks. The idea is to use the shock limiters inside the shocks to limit the droop and remove the screws to save the chassis in that area. Honestly, like HH said earlier, I wouldn't want my shocks limiting the droop. I always set the shocks up so they are slightly compressed at the droop I want to run - keeps the stress off the shocks.



I run them on my buggy, and I have stripped hubs before but it was my fault, not the locknuts - if you overtighten them, you run the risk of laying the threads over on the hubs, then when you go to take the wheels off, you flatten the rest of the threads.

Good to see some new faces here in the forums, sounds like you guys are really enjoying the K-Car - glad to hear it!!
the tki3 is the best 1/8 buggy i have ever drove!!!!!!!!!! the nut deal is not a big thing to me but that is more than likely what i done. i will order news ones from infernos only this week. my last race is the toys for tots race at flowood miss.
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:52 PM
  #11891  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
DID u read the deal with the kyosho lock nuts and the narrow rear hubs???
do u think kyosho would do something about it??

wouldnt think them weights or hubs would be in a wc kit, if it happeneds. i kinda see the harder rear arms and the turnbuckles in the kit and 93mm drive shafts at the most?
Didn't know you ran them on the narrow hubs, but that shouldn't matter. You could always contact KA and see what they say, their customer service is top notch. Those locknuts are tricky though, because they only have like 2 threads of engagement before you hit the nylon material, so if you don't get them started perfect, it can strip the hub.
AZRC4Me is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:59 PM
  #11892  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Didn't know you ran them on the narrow hubs, but that shouldn't matter. You could always contact KA and see what they say, their customer service is top notch. Those locknuts are tricky though, because they only have like 2 threads of engagement before you hit the nylon material, so if you don't get them started perfect, it can strip the hub.
who do i talk to at KA??? Yes i opened up a new pack and put them on the front first then the rear, the right rear was the only one that stripped.
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:03 PM
  #11893  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/crm.asp?action=contactus

just give them a call and explain what happened, can't promise anything but just be polite about it and see what happens.
AZRC4Me is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
  #11894  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/crm.asp?action=contactus

just give them a call and explain what happened, can't promise anything but just be polite about it and see what happens.
yes sir, thank u sean!! i have only raced my buggy 3 times with the book setup, what would be a good setup to try on a high bit track. flowood rc is where the jconcepts clash race was at. i dont know where to go being new to the buggy. 45 wt in the ft 30 wt in the rear. 5k,5k,3k in the diffs, ride height 28 ft 30 rear. ran impacts for tires
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 PM
  #11895  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,349
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
yes sir, thank u sean!! i have only raced my buggy 3 times with the book setup, what would be a good setup to try on a high bit track. flowood rc is where the jconcepts clash race was at. i dont know where to go being new to the buggy. 45 wt in the ft 30 wt in the rear. 5k,5k,3k in the diffs, ride height 28 ft 30 rear. ran impacts for tires

Yeah what would you change for high bite indoor ? Im hopefully going with them to flowood
evolution03 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.