Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 11-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MBX6-R_LEDFERD
Just switched up from my Mugen MBX6R to a TKI3 and I raced it for the first time this weekend with a provided set up by a local fast guy. 3 heats of 1/8 .. first qual the local fast guy (first time at this track) TQ'd .... 2nd qual I TQ'd him by 4 seconds. The both of us were driving the same car however he was running Orange springs front and rear I had Gray front and Blue rear.

I must say ... with all these chassis almost having a fine line run through them I was strongly sticking with my Mugen and just working with set ups here and there. But after this weekend and what the Kyosho did for me Im a FIRM believer in this car.

Mugen is a good car no doubt about it but this Kyosho is amazing.
My sentiments exactly about the K car!

At last sunday's race I wasn't able to make the qualis (soccer dad duties), and was entered only as a "guest" into the A-mains, which put me last at 11th on the grid. I flamed out at the start, which put me a lap down to everyone, but managed to get up to second. The track had fluffy, sticky grooves of garden soil forming, which was giving everyone trouble, but not my K car. I was on the tail of the leader for about 3 laps, and not pushing to get past him as I was on;y a "guest" that day, but with him standing beside me on the stands, I'd jokingly say to him "Dude, can I pass you?" I finally did pass him when he took a wide line on one of the corners, and was less than a lap down with 3 minutes to go, when...i busted a conrod.

My biggest thing about the TKI is that although its very responsive, it allows me to settle the car easily when its at risk of getting unsettled. Oh sorry, my biggest thing is that meshing the gears perfectly is easy compared to the serpent I came from, and the resulting smoothness of the drivetrain makes you fall in love with it. If the drivetrain were a girl, we'd have been married yesterday.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by evolution03
Im not really following this
Originally Posted by Jammin57
I think he's talking about putting the spacers inside the shock body on the shaft to reduce down travel
Originally Posted by smelly62
There are spacers supplied with the plastic shock parts. Fit them to the shaft under the piston so they bottom out in the shock body. I think it's in the instructions somewhere.
sorry should of been more specific, yes the spacers go inside the shocks under the piston to reduce downtravel, it has to be the spacers used to shim the rear hub for wheelbase as its the thickness plus the diameter that holds the piston at the right point in the shockbody, I cannot tell you what it does to the handling as i built my car this way from the off on recommendation from the team guys, do it dont do it makes no difference to me but it might be worth a try
Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Yes, but I won't say anything until December 9th.

There is a huge difference between sprung and unsprung weight. If tracks have high traction, usually you are doing whatever you can to take traction away from the buggy and free it up, because there is more than enough traction from the surface and tires.

Honestly, everyone should forget these option parts exist till after the worlds. Why discuss it and give others who are less apt at figuring out chassis dynamics a helping hand heading into Argentina? Kyosho guys aren't the only ones who read these threads. Just my two cents.

well it seems the cat is already out the bag.....

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=12829
Old 11-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oghobavo
well it seems the cat is already out the bag.....

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=12829
Interesting to see the setting of the upper arm on the hub carrier.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow havent been on here in awhile have been battle my cancer issues, but we did get to run the Nevada State race and our K Cars were really good. Looking forward to going to the worlds race with the best car in the world. Kania did a great job on the hubs weights as usaully first class work can't wait to try them.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Also a few post back someone was asking if anyone was running the BCE chassis and how they worked, we have been running them for years and will be running them at the worlds race so if anyone wants any info on them feel free to to PM me anytime. Donnie
Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITROALM
Hey Sean Great to see you up on the forums Are you getting ready for the Big trip to the Worlds? I know The Amain Team guys are getting ready to head on down DR told me the Kyosho is Red Hot!! for them, They Just TQed and won! The Nevada State Champs this weekend Buggy And Truggy
I'm always on these forums - just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not reading Unfortunately, no, I'm not making the trip - I'm not quite at that level...yet 2014 and 2016 are circled on my calendar.

Originally Posted by smelly62
Interesting to see the setting of the upper arm on the hub carrier.
Helps calm the rear end down - lowers the roll center and slows the roll reaction down.

Originally Posted by donrod
Wow havent been on here in awhile have been battle my cancer issues, but we did get to run the Nevada State race and our K Cars were really good. Looking forward to going to the worlds race with the best car in the world. Kania did a great job on the hubs weights as usaully first class work can't wait to try them.
Hey Don, didn't know you were going through that! Hope you're doing better and winning the fight! Congrats to you and Dylan on the Nevada Champs, and best of luck to you guys down in Argentina!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
I had the same thing happen to me 2 weekends ago, practice at another track. A kid (really too young to be out corner marshalling) so I said something on the drivers stand out loud, but not bad. And the kids dad was standing beside me. He said that was his son. Like I said I didnt cuss or say anything nasty. I still felt bad for talking out loud.
Marshaling should be as important as racing. It can cost you the race ... sometimes I feel as if tracks shouldn't let some people marshal 1/8 just due to the danger. But those willing to risk their well beings need to marshal I usually marshal other 1/8 heats or Mains just for the sake of showing others what the hell are marshal is supposed to do.

Originally Posted by pointforward

My biggest thing about the TKI is that although its very responsive, it allows me to settle the car easily when its at risk of getting unsettled. and the resulting smoothness of the drivetrain makes you fall in love with it. If the drivetrain were a girl, we'd have been married yesterday.
I agree with you on that one. I drive VERY aggressivly and this TKI3 doesnt allow me to do so. It allows me to drive within the the cars needs and track conditions. Which could be a good or bad thing for some but for me works perfect. My Mugen allowed me to drive it the way I wanted to but when un settled it was a lost cause to try to get it back to where I needed it to be.

LOL at the last portion of your post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Hello Guys,

I have been driving the TKI3 for about 6 months. The only thing I have replaced has been the Center Front Uni Shaft. The pin was a little worn for my taste. I have two sun gears in the diffs that have small chips on them. 1 small chip on each. Its like the stainless part is not there and some black is exposed. Doesn't to affect performance, but should I change it?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

more options, Kanai for MP9

http://buggysrc.blogspot.com.es/2012...e-cara-al.html

Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MBX6-R_LEDFERD
It allows me to drive within the the cars needs and track conditions. Which could be a good or bad thing for some but for me works perfect.
My sentiments exactly! If I try and overdrive it, bad things happen. When I stay within the limits of the track conditions my lap times improve dramatically.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Sean
Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nacho_gas
Looks like I have some spending to do I smell a TKI3 WC Edition in the wind.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Few questions,
1-Do you guys use the stock TKI3 diaphragms or the IF346-03?
2- the shocks limiter washer thing, how many mm, and why since youll have less droop ?

Cheers

Ali
Old 11-13-2012, 05:33 PM

Default kyosho lock nuts

hey guys have u all tried the kyosho lock nuts on ur buggys and stripped out the hex hub and the nut??? should i contract kyosho american for replacement??????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.