Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 07-24-2012, 05:08 AM
  #10936  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
oghobavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 344
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Fellas, what are you alls opinions on 13-14/48 gearing vs 13-14/46? I recently changed to 14/48 but have yet to get track time with it. I'm hoping that it won't cause excessive wheel spin.....


VinceO.

Last edited by oghobavo; 07-24-2012 at 09:50 AM.
oghobavo is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 05:39 AM
  #10937  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (17)
 
hookem34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas.....Y'all!
Posts: 1,797
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oghobavo
Fellas, what are you alls opinions on 13-14/48 gearing vs 13-14/46? I recently changed to 14/48 but have yet to get track time with it. I'm hoping that it won't cause excessive wheels spin.....


VinceO.
I run 13/48 here in SA, but change to 13/46 in Houston for Mikes. No issues with wheelspin now that I run the Buku.
hookem34 is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 08:11 AM
  #10938  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 673
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oghobavo
Fellas, what are you alls opinions on 13-14/48 gearing vs 13-14/46? I recently changed to 14/48 but have yet to get track time with it. I'm hoping that it won't cause excessive wheels spin.....


VinceO.
we run the 14/48 all the time with no problems, gives you a little more top end speed.
donrod is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 01:02 PM
  #10939  
Tech Adept
 
morocho1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 203
Default

Hi im new with kyosho i will race with a tki2 wc with foward battery buy i will use lipo with regulator where i can put the regulator im using novak regulator any have any picture because i put the regulator in the box where the battery was but i need some advise or picture thx
morocho1979 is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 01:55 PM
  #10940  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
CoryD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,187
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by morocho1979
Hi im new with kyosho i will race with a tki2 wc with foward battery buy i will use lipo with regulator where i can put the regulator im using novak regulator any have any picture because i put the regulator in the box where the battery was but i need some advise or picture thx
What radio do you use? Many do not require a regulator; 4PKS, KO Helios to name a pair.

Later,
CoryD is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 PM
  #10941  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default BUKU

Originally Posted by hookem34
I run 13/48 here in SA, but change to 13/46 in Houston for Mikes. No issues with wheelspin now that I run the Buku.
How do you like the buku clutch? I 've been running my mp9 for two years with the stock clutch and have considered trying the buku.
Chartos is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:30 PM
  #10942  
Tech Adept
 
morocho1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 203
Default

Originally Posted by CoryD
What radio do you use? Many do not require a regulator; 4PKS, KO Helios to name a pair.

Later,
I use ko pro with spectrum module but I don't use lipo servos
morocho1979 is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 03:17 PM
  #10943  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oghobavo
Fellas, what are you alls opinions on 13-14/48 gearing vs 13-14/46? I recently changed to 14/48 but have yet to get track time with it. I'm hoping that it won't cause excessive wheel spin.....


VinceO.
Listed in order of bottom end speed to top end speed:

48/13 - 3.7 ratio (most bottom end)
46/13 - 3.5 ratio
48/14 - 3.4 ratio
46/14 - 3.3 ratio (most top end)

I prefer 46/13, 48/14 is like going up half a tooth on your clutch bell.
AZRC4Me is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 PM
  #10944  
Tech Adept
 
morocho1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 203
Default

Exist any way to use a 15bell using another spur ??
morocho1979 is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 09:03 AM
  #10945  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
Coach Townsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 966
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

,. just a few mods i've done
Coach Townsend is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 09:05 AM
  #10946  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
Coach Townsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 966
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

This how I ran my fuel line
Coach Townsend is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 11:36 AM
  #10947  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (17)
 
hookem34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas.....Y'all!
Posts: 1,797
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Coach Townsend
This how I ran my fuel line
Coach have you had to "tech" your tank with that fuel line routing before? Are you over/under 125cc?
hookem34 is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 12:07 PM
  #10948  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
Coach Townsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 966
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Not sure yet. if it is i'll just run it from the tank through brake linkage. And not around the carb
Coach Townsend is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 06:36 PM
  #10949  
Tech Rookie
 
nicardyMP9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9
Default

Hey guys,

I know this question has been bandied around on this forum before, but just want to check something. The 91mm outdrives supplied with the TKI3 dont seem to be able to work with a L tread width. The only reason I wanted to run a L tread width is that its just what Im used to with the TKI1. But Im finding even when I set it up for a S tread width the dog bones are only just in the diff drive cup? Im sure when its all setup and shocks are on it should be sweet. Im guessing that I need to run the 93mm outdrives to achieve a L tread width?

Last edited by nicardyMP9; 07-25-2012 at 07:27 PM.
nicardyMP9 is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 09:09 PM
  #10950  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Perth, West Australia.
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nicardyMP9
Hey guys,

I know this question has been bandied around on this forum before, but just want to check something. The 91mm outdrives supplied with the TKI3 dont seem to be able to work with a L tread width. The only reason I wanted to run a L tread width is that its just what Im used to with the TKI1. But Im finding even when I set it up for a S tread width the dog bones are only just in the diff drive cup? Im sure when its all setup and shocks are on it should be sweet. Im guessing that I need to run the 93mm outdrives to achieve a L tread width?
The rear hub carriers are offset 2mm so when you use the S tread setting it will be the same as the TKI1 with the L setting.
smelly62 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.