Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 06-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default The New Build! TKI 3

Kyosho TKI 3 by Afun2011, on Flickr

I went from Agama to Kyosho but still using Agama Outdrives, LOL.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by camocowboy
Well I'm sure glad I switched for the speed on the track. I am hoping the Kyosho quality I heard about will join the party soon. Since I dont think your all completely oblivious I am trying to blame my problems on a bad run of luck. In about 6 weeks though I have piled up $300 plus in busted parts on my work bench, alot of them duplicates. This thing is making me feel like a rookie and I have been doing this a while. Hoping for better luck at the AMS next weekend.
You're scaring me Greg. List some of those parts so I don't get stuck with out spares
Old 06-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Afun

Kyosho TKI 3 by Afun2011, on Flickr

I went from Agama to Kyosho but still using Agama Outdrives, LOL.
I placed my digital switch in the same position as you did (I have TKI2), but where did you place your Transponder? I actually placed it UNDER the switch....I also cut the TKI2 box so that the rear battery pod is not longer there.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

On the TKI 3 inside the receiver box.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

On the tki3 radio tray you mount the transponder under the switch, I had to trim the hole a little bigger on the rx box so the end of the ko propo switch would fit, mine is all done except the shocks because I'm waiting on some different pistons to get here thought I had some extras but I couldn't find them
Old 06-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Default broken parts

Well I'm sure glad I switched for the speed on the track. I am hoping the Kyosho quality I heard about will join the party soon. Since I dont think your all completely oblivious I am trying to blame my problems on a bad run of luck. In about 6 weeks though I have piled up $300 plus in busted parts on my work bench, alot of them duplicates. This thing is making me feel like a rookie and I have been doing this a while. Hoping for better luck at the AMS next weekend.
are you saying that you are breaking the Kyosho parts or another car.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Breaking the Kyosho. 3 spur gears, fixed with extended motor mount, maybe only needed at fear farm or similar tracks. 3 universals, known issue, went to 777, fixed on tki3. 2 arms, not blaming the car. Only took 2 gallons to go through outdrives. Gonna try agamas.

The rest is on truck. Wing mount, lead to a rear shock tower, ouch. And the center rear drive shaft is too thin to be that long. Bends easy. And even though im embarrassed about it, a wasted custom body because they cant put the cut lines in the right place.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What do you mean about the cut lines on the body? Which ones/where are they incorrect? I'm in the process of cutting out a body shell atm so any tips would be appreciated.

Don't you reckon 2 gallons is reasonable for outdrives? Think about how hard you get on the gas out of tight corners and how hard the engines these days pull and I reckon 2 gallons isn't too bad. How long do other brands' outdrives last?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone experience bending their rear centre CVD before? Was doing my practice last weekend and running my race buggy (which have been running no more than 30 mins previously during the race) and after 2 tanks I realized that the rear centre CVD was bend and so was the plastic rear rod. I don't remember having any real bad jump or hitting anything hard. Kind of disappointed to see that happening. My bashing buggy is using the stock centre shaft and that buggy was driven more aggressive, tons of bad jumps and all but all are good.

Anyway, will be replacing them and I'm interested to try the CNC rear rod. Anyone using them? Hopefully that will prevent the CVD from bending again.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Breaking the Kyosho. 3 spur gears, fixed with extended motor mount, maybe only needed at fear farm or similar tracks. 3 universals, known issue, went to 777, fixed on tki3. 2 arms, not blaming the car. Only took 2 gallons to go through outdrives. Gonna try agamas.

The rest is on truck. Wing mount, lead to a rear shock tower, ouch. And the center rear drive shaft is too thin to be that long. Bends easy. And even though im embarrassed about it, a wasted custom body because they cant put the cut lines in the right place.
man, dont take it to the wrong way but it sounds like you crash the hell of the car...
Old 06-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting I had this issue with the rear CVD last weekend. The thing bend quite badly and yet I don't remember having any bad jumps or hitting anything hard.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aaron125
What do you mean about the cut lines on the body? Which ones/where are they incorrect? I'm in the process of cutting out a body shell atm so any tips would be appreciated.

Don't you reckon 2 gallons is reasonable for outdrives? Think about how hard you get on the gas out of tight corners and how hard the engines these days pull and I reckon 2 gallons isn't too bad. How long do other brands' outdrives last?
My agama outdrives have lasted about a year with heavy use. Now they are shot to hell. I put Agama outdrives on the TKI 3 in the front and rear. I am using stock in the middle.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron125

The body lines are right there is 2 sets of lines on the rear of the truck one line is for the st-r length chassis and the other line is for the st-rr chassis, the line closest to the rear is for the Evo
Old 06-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I dont think 2 gallons on the outdrives is awefull. It certainly not great though. Mugen lasted way longer. Hearing agama does too. They are cheap though so whatever. The cut line is on the very back of the body. There are two lines, you have to be somewhere between them I guess. I cut the back one and it was clearly long on a test fit, so I went to the shorter one and its way short, body trashed. PISSED.

And no offense taken. I do crash hard. Its what happens when you go really fast and then mess up. In all seriousness though. Im no noob. I would say top of the open class most days. The truck crash was ugly, not really blaming the truck. Its built solid. Drive shaft is a little scetchy but otherwise a tank. The buggy has been frustrating but the last couple times out its been good. We run on some big tracks out here and the cars take a beating. If you havent been here its hard to understand.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I just broke a tooth off of the spur gear this weekend at the JBRL race in hemet. What extended motor mount? Kings Headz?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.