Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 05-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

you just get it as close as possible with the linkage and the barrels in place...
to fine tune your linkages (brake bias) you use the little twist knobs..
(i must say that the linkage setup on the mp9 makes the 777 look prehistoric...oh wait, it is)
Old 05-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hefe
you just get it as close as possible with the linkage and the barrels in place...
(i must say that the linkage setup on the mp9 makes the 777 look prehistoric...oh wait, it is)
WTF?? They are identical - the 777 and MP9 have exactly the same linkage setup, the only difference being the servo horn.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Ben,

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try and play around with it. None of my buddies drive mp9, except Rico but he is in Indo now. I will be heading down to Niko track on Sunday to do some practice and will check out their buggy to see if the brake setup is similar. Even if it is not, I think the concept should be there so will get some advise from them.

I'm sure the throttle set up properly and the brake bias ok but I didn't do it from the adjustment knobs. But now knowing the purpose of than adjustment knobs, I will reset them and try to play around with that knobs.

Originally Posted by ben73
the adjustment knobs allow you to dial in different f/r brake bias so you can deal with different tracks/surfaces/styles.

you want to make sure that the brake cams are free and the brake rod for the front does not rub on the centre diff.

its super critical to make sure this assembly and the throttle assembly is all working properly.

everything should be lined up and move smoothly. when in doubt ask someone experienced at the track to take a look and tell you if you have it set right. it causes so many problems if its wrong. from brakes catching to carb's not closing fully it needs to be set right.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info bro.

Originally Posted by hefe
Old 05-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Talking about which...

Originally Posted by ben73
the adjustment knobs allow you to dial in different f/r brake bias so you can deal with different tracks/surfaces/styles.

you want to make sure that the brake cams are free and the brake rod for the front does not rub on the centre diff.

its super critical to make sure this assembly and the throttle assembly is all working properly.

everything should be lined up and move smoothly. when in doubt ask someone experienced at the track to take a look and tell you if you have it set right. it causes so many problems if its wrong. from brakes catching to carb's not closing fully it needs to be set right.
Talking about throttle linkages...

Are there any aluminum throttle servo horns(with side crimps) that fit the mp9 throttle setup? The screws used are tiny! Compared to other makes... Even with the right horn, the holes are usually tapped or are too big...

Any suggestions?

-Alexander
Old 05-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert

Are there any aluminum throttle servo horns(with side crimps) that fit the mp9 throttle setup? The screws used are tiny! Compared to other makes... Even with the right horn, the holes are usually tapped or are too big...

Any suggestions?

-Alexander
There is absolutely zero need for an alloy servo horn for the throttle servo. Robitronics makes one that fits but if Tebo and King can win world championships and multiple Neo, ROAR, etc. races using the plastic kit servo horn, I fail to see the need or use for an alloy part.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi foampervert.

I was at first concern about getting the aluminum servo horn for the throttle and brake and bought the robitronics one (Hudy has them too). I also bought the steering horn but it does not fit my Ko Propo servo even thought I bought the horn meant for KO.

Anyway, I end up using the stock for the throttle and brake and KO Propo horn for the steering and so far no issue at all. I'm happy with it.

If you are staying in Singapore or Johor, I can pass you the robitronics horn both throttle/brake and steering horn for free. If you are in overseas and don't mind paying for the shipping, I can sent it over to you too. But do note, it is mean for KO servos (i think Sanwa and JR servo will work too).

Any suggestions?

-Alexander
Originally Posted by aaron125
There is absolutely zero need for an alloy servo horn for the throttle servo. Robitronics makes one that fits but if Tebo and King can win world championships and multiple Neo, ROAR, etc. races using the plastic kit servo horn, I fail to see the need or use for an alloy part.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just want to throw out there that I completed my first full night of club racing last night with no issues. TQ and win at Fear Farm. I got a new BCE chassis and with it had no excessive flex issues with the gears. Also was able to top my fast lap on the track by .3 and regularly run near my old fast lap times. I didn't notice any major difference in the feel of the car but it showed on the clock. Thanks Bill.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aaron125
WTF?? They are identical - the 777 and MP9 have exactly the same linkage setup, the only difference being the servo horn.
technically, the metal parts on the 777 linkage were anodized blue

...i must have had some strange offbrand linkage..or maybe from a kanai or 7.5? what i had was junk.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Any suggestions?

-Alexander
I use the dynamite horns on both and they work flawless Needed or not they work, hope this helps.
ooops i just realized you asked ( with side crimps) these are not but work just fine.
Scott
Old 05-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
Hi foampervert.

I was at first concern about getting the aluminum servo horn for the throttle and brake and bought the robitronics one (Hudy has them too). I also bought the steering horn but it does not fit my Ko Propo servo even thought I bought the horn meant for KO.

Anyway, I end up using the stock for the throttle and brake and KO Propo horn for the steering and so far no issue at all. I'm happy with it.

If you are staying in Singapore or Johor, I can pass you the robitronics horn both throttle/brake and steering horn for free. If you are in overseas and don't mind paying for the shipping, I can sent it over to you too. But do note, it is mean for KO servos (i think Sanwa and JR servo will work too).
Thanks for the offer, Drstrangelove!
I do live in Singapore! But seriously, the stock servo horn has also worked for me so far, I just had to do crazy shimming(between the horn and servo splines) cos the horn squished down unto the servo case every time I tightened the horn down to the servo (I'm paranoid of DNF due to loose screws, and I hate to use thread lock, especially for parts I remove often).

I remove the throttle servo horn whenever I remove the radio tray(I remove it every heat to clean mud and dirt off). Aluminum servo horns seem to give me a more locked down feeling. I use one for steering and have never had it loosen on me.

Does the robitronic servo horn have the offset for use with kyosho?

-Alexander
Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

Any suggestions?

-Alexander
This?

http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/news/newsd...&kategoria=179
Old 05-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey foampervert everytime I type your name, it crack me up.

Great!, yes, it does come with the offset but it is only meant for KO, Sanwa JR and I think Airtronics servo. If you are using any of the servo and want them, do PM me and I will pass it to you.

Also do note, I have problem trying to fix the steering horn to KO servo but fine with the throttle horn and yes, the hole in the horn is bigger that the screw provided but I've seen people make it work.

Refer to attached picture. Cheers

Thanks for the offer, Drstrangelove!
I do live in Singapore! But seriously, the stock servo horn has also worked for me so far, I just had to do crazy shimming(between the horn and servo splines) cos the horn squished down unto the servo case every time I tightened the horn down to the servo (I'm paranoid of DNF due to loose screws, and I hate to use thread lock, especially for parts I remove often).

I remove the throttle servo horn whenever I remove the radio tray(I remove it every heat to clean mud and dirt off). Aluminum servo horns seem to give me a more locked down feeling. I use one for steering and have never had it loosen on me.

Does the robitronic servo horn have the offset for use with kyosho?

-Alexander
Attached Thumbnails Inferno MP9 thread-img_1485.jpg  
Old 05-05-2012, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Hefe you should have this linkage http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_T...p/kyoif27b.htm,your 777 seems to have a bunch of aftermarket parts.

Regarding the narrow wheel hubs,do they change track width or just width?And has anyone ever used white springs?My car came with those on the front.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Guy's im wanting to run the KO on/off switch on my car, cause Kyosho said the new radio box accommodate's it. Is it ok to use the switch with my 6.6v life battery? Anyone have a picture of it mounted on the new updated radio box? Thank's.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.