Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default ???

Ok thanks a lot will the setup that cones with the car be good or should I start somewhere else?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They are close i.e. the manual and those pro setup. Some people will tell you it's ok to use the setup recommended by the manual, some will tell you to consider the pros setup as a start while some will tell you to decide what's best since no one know your driving style and track.

One thing I've learned, don't worry about which setup to go with yet but if you must you can find it here http://www.infernosonly.com/Download...heets_s/24.htm

I'm talking through experience, if your driving skill is bad, no car or setup can improvise it (but Kyosho might be more forgiving ). Guys here advise me to go slow and like miracle I'm starting to see the beauty of this car and for some strange reason I can even feel the momentum when I'm doing the jump, feel like you are jumping with the buggy feels good!

Originally Posted by Drip
Ok thanks a lot will the setup that cones with the car be good or should I start somewhere else?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just realize you are driving HB. My buddy who is driving HB Hara Edition will be switching to TKI3 soon (When the stock arrive). He tried another buddy TKI2 and love it but still not decided yet but after seeing I'm using that, and try them, he's getting. He got 2 sets of HB buggy and willing to let it go just to get 1 set of TKI3. That says a lot about this buggy.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

No more fitting RC8 bulldog bodies, MP9 finally has their own.

Unless this has been out for a while and I'll go back under my the rock I've been hiding under.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There was one from a company in Europe. dont know anyone who used it though. This is going to be good. Another tuning option!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freefallmarine
There was one from a company in Europe. dont know anyone who used it though. This is going to be good. Another tuning option!
I think you are talking about Bitty Design. I have one at the paint guy, CBD, now. Can't wait to see the magic he works.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shinnbad12
The allum. c hubs give it a more positive feel,,,,
The chassis,,,,,,,, well whoever dont think there is an issue is nuts !! Yep i said nuts I ran the OS 19 with a very small mark from the clutch bell and then switched to Nova and have been through 4 front bearings, a bent crank and a cracked block. I think that counts as a problem But the problem is GONE !!! I started with drilling a hole (1/2in) and then i bought a BCE chassis wich came with a hole already in the chassis. I went through one more front bearing and then removed ALL the material under the bell and WALLA problem fixed Truely a bad ass car,,,, just a few tweaks, just like all cars out there.

Scott
I've been running the new mp9 BCE chassis that has the relief hole and there is not a mark on it. I've been using the alu rear chassis brace. Still have tons of rear traction and also helps rotate the car a little faster. The BCE chassis is awesome moves everything a tad bit closer to center, stiffer than stock has the relief hole already in it and really reacts a little sharper than stock. Made my lazy stable setup feel faster without losing stability
Old 04-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh wow, years of development by Kanai and Kyosho and all it takes is BCE chassis to make the buggy faster and more stable. Interesting.

Originally Posted by wheelman17
I've been running the new mp9 BCE chassis that has the relief hole and there is not a mark on it. I've been using the alu rear chassis brace. Still have tons of rear traction and also helps rotate the car a little faster. The BCE chassis is awesome moves everything a tad bit closer to center, stiffer than stock has the relief hole already in it and really reacts a little sharper than stock. Made my lazy stable setup feel faster without losing stability
Old 04-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yap, Bitty Design. I though I saw the Bulldog body on AbsoluteHobbyz some time back but I might be wrong. Nice, should give that a try.

Originally Posted by 305M3
I think you are talking about Bitty Design. I have one at the paint guy, CBD, now. Can't wait to see the magic he works.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by talbotbid011
I was reading posts earlier in this thread where people were having to use Agama motormounts mated to MP7.5 motor mounts (upper) and drill half inch holes in the chassis etc. scary stuff really.

The it was sugested to go from 13-46 to 14-48 because the gears line up better...

Just wanted to know if this was a recent concern with K-Cars or were these issues isolated to a certain batch of kits?
Never heard about any issues like this in Europe and i donīt see any reason why change the gearing and how that should make the gears line up better.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
Oh wow, years of development by Kanai and Kyosho and all it takes is BCE chassis to make the buggy faster and more stable. Interesting.
+1
Old 04-28-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default ???

Just realize you are driving HB. My buddy who is driving HB Hara Edition will be switching to TKI3 soon (When the stock arrive). He tried another buddy TKI2 and love it but still not decided yet but after seeing I'm using that, and try them, he's getting. He got 2 sets of HB buggy and willing to let it go just to get 1 set of TKI3. That says a lot about this buggy.
What did your friend say the biggest difference he could feel from the hb car and the kyosho?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

PAUSE your keyboard and take some notes !!! Statements like this one make you sound like a fan boy,, The Kyosho that qualified second at Silver State was sporting the BCE chasis. His truggy and E buggy were also wearing BCE chassis and all three in the A main ??? this isnt luck. The product has been proven to work, its just the customer service that need some refinment.
That being said,,,, I also believe that Kanai has been leading the industry for years and with out a doubt has every other car company scratching their heads I to love the Mp9 and have personally switched at least 6 drivers to Kyosho. I do not carry the BCE flag but when something works ,,,well,,,,it just works. Not preaching just saying,,,,.

Scott
Old 04-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

What he say is he feels the car go where you want it to go, something like when it commit to the turn, it just turn, something about planted... I can't quite recall but something close.

What did your friend say the biggest difference he could feel from the hb car and the kyosho?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Noted bro sorry, can't help it...

Originally Posted by shinnbad12
PAUSE your keyboard and take some notes !!! Statements like this one make you sound like a fan boy,, The Kyosho that qualified second at Silver State was sporting the BCE chasis. His truggy and E buggy were also wearing BCE chassis and all three in the A main ??? this isnt luck. The product has been proven to work, its just the customer service that need some refinment.
That being said,,,, I also believe that Kanai has been leading the industry for years and with out a doubt has every other car company scratching their heads I to love the Mp9 and have personally switched at least 6 drivers to Kyosho. I do not carry the BCE flag but when something works ,,,well,,,,it just works. Not preaching just saying,,,,.

Scott

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.