Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 04-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

where i got mine from. (tki 3 there is)

http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_I.../kyo31788b.htm
Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been chasing amain on this on their thread.

Originally Posted by offroad dude
I hope Amain will have all the new parts in stock soon.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
where i got mine from. (tki 3 there is)

http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_I.../kyo31788b.htm
Still showing as out of stock on their site though. How'd you manage to place an order and get it shipped out already?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi foampervert (man I like your nick lol), no it won't, that's the beauty of it.

I didn't get to try BUKU so much yet as I realize I need to be able to 'hear' my engine more before I can actually tune BUKU. But I have them and would love to start using them when I'm much better with engine tuning.

Check out this forum

http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...-products.html

pm THE PHILLY JYNX, he is the owner of BUKU and a cool guy, he will be happy to answer all your questions.

Or shinnbad12 (scott) will also be able to share with you since he's running BUKU on MP9.

Again, I've no issue with the stock clutch (you can trust the stock if I don't have any problem since I'm the worst driver here... for now ) but if you want alternative, I will put my money on BUKU.

Originally Posted by foampervert
Hiya drstrangelove,

There is only 1 set of springs for the buku clutch, so tuning the initial engagement point is possible.

But spring strength is exactly the same, whether you set it to engage early or late. Won't it cause the engine to bog on off throttle?

-Alexander
Old 04-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey John C. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yap, she's one smart lady and I will consider her smarter if she were to give me good discount for it

Btw, I do need the Left hand grip but I think that come as optional (as what I read). Usually when it's optional, you have to pay for it and if it is so, that SUCKS! Feel like I'm being penalized for being born left handed! You think I can sue them if they are really charging me for that

Originally Posted by John.C
I've tried a ton of different transmitters, the KO Propo's Helios and Eurus were the most ergonomical and adjustable out of all of them. The features/specs of the EX-1 KIY appears to have taken it a step further.

- Adjustable trigger position & 3D trigger
- 3D extension unit
- Left hand grip (doesn't apply to me)
- ST unit stick type (I'm not entirely sold this one)

The only concern is it being slightly top heavy. Regardless, I'll be getting one as soon as A Main starts their pre-order.

Reading this ..asked me to come down and give it a try. was . Smart business man that LHS owner is.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
Hey John C. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yap, she's one smart lady and I will consider her smarter if she were to give me good discount for it

Btw, I do need the Left hand grip but I think that come as optional (as what I read). Usually when it's optional, you have to pay for it and if it is so, that SUCKS! Feel like I'm being penalized for being born left handed! You think I can sue them if they are really charging me for that
Get an M11x bro, switching it to left-handed is as easy as unscrewing the handle and turning it around 180degrees.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Pre-order bro, just order, and pay first and once the item in, they will ship to you.

Originally Posted by aaron125
Still showing as out of stock on their site though. How'd you manage to place an order and get it shipped out already?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've tried the Sanwa brand but the MT-4 which I've given to a friend as I don't really like it. I'm using Futaba 4PKS right now and love it but I me being me, would like to give the new EX a try, simply love the design! I'm sucker for good design man.

Get an M11x bro, switching it to left-handed is as easy as unscrewing the handle and turning it around 180degrees.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Really? You reckon the new KO radio is a good design? Not saying the modularity is a bad thing, just the actual design of it looks stuck together, not very cohesive. I reckon it has to be the ugliest radio I've ever seen and looks like something out of the Night Rider era. The HOFF!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Been running Mugen for years but now I'm shopping around for a new car. Has anyone switched from the MBX6R to the MP9TK2 and have any insight for me?

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey aaron, you don't know good design my mate

Our taste is totally against each other, I love the green pills while you hate them. I'm glad we are not husband and wife or it will be disaster

Really? You reckon the new KO radio is a good design? Not saying the modularity is a bad thing, just the actual design of it looks stuck together, not very cohesive. I reckon it has to be the ugliest radio I've ever seen and looks like something out of the Night Rider era. The HOFF!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dmartin
Been running Mugen for years but now I'm shopping around for a new car. Has anyone switched from the MBX6R to the MP9TK2 and have any insight for me?

Thanks.
Scott, where are ya when a (soon to be) ex-Mugen driver needs you?
He'll hook you up with all the info you need Dave, but you can be safe in the knowledge that the MP9 is way more forgiving, heaps easier to drive and drive fast and Scott said he had never driven as fast as when he changed over to the MP9, after a few years with Mugen.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I held the EX-1 in my hands and then held the Eurus EX-10 right after it, and I have to say, the EX-1 did not feel good in my hands. It's very top heavy and not as well balanced as the EX-10. I have an M11x that I would exchange for a Eurus EX-10 possibly. The EX-1 does look like the Knightrider transmitter, good call aaron lol! I could just picture the Hoff up on the stand using it..."KITT, set course for TQ..."

I drove Mugen before Kyosho, but it was the MBX6 and right after the longer chassis came out. All I can say is out of the box the Kyosho is straight planted. That, and I've never heard anyone drive a Kyosho and go "nah, this car just doesn't feel good at all, it's not for me." The usual response I get from people is "yeah, but the cost is pretty high compared to other cars", to which I reply "by the time you spend the difference in cost on the other car to get it to the level of the Kyosho in terms of performance and quality components like aluminum hubs, captured hinge pins, shocks, etc, you'll have already purchased a Kyosho. And you're already going to have the shocks and springs, might as well go all the way."
Old 04-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
Hey aaron, you don't know good design my mate
Says the guy who runs a Bitty body shell. I rest my case. Oh, before I rest, please tell me which part of the horribly wierd and gangly looking EX1 is good design?

The horrible looking, poking out wire at the bottom? The disjointed LCD which is the wrong size comared to the rest of the TX and has curves/round corners, whereas the rest of the TX is all straight lines? The awful looking robot's foot at the bottom of the hand grip? Need I really go on? It's such a hopeless mish-mash of shapes and angles and wierdness.

HAHAHA!!! You know I'm just messin with ya doc, obviously it's all subjective and pure opinions. You know, it's the same as some guys will go for big boobs or dumb blondes or tasty brunettes or whatever. As I've said many times before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I definitely ain't gonna be holding the EX1 any time soon. I just straight out reckon it looks horrible and is definitely something straight outta compton... oops, I meant the 80's (when that song was popular).
Old 04-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soapy
Hey guys,
What have you found to be the best option clutch setup for the K car.
I've had a few drama's with the kyosho clutch, i.e hanging up shoes and broken springs afte an hour of running with like 6 x 10 minute qualifiers.. so it's time I looked for another option that sits well with the clutch bell. Looking forward to hearing replies, even replies with good life from kyosho ones as to see if I'm doing something wrong.
Hey Kev, the Kyosho Clutch is the go, just file the sides of the shoes after every meeting and don't use a clutch tool when removing or fitting the shoes as they tend to over flex the springs. We get 4-5 race meets out of a set of shoes and about 3-4 set of shoes before the bell needs replacing.
I have noticed the latest shoes are more chamfered on the edges than before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.