Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 04-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I love KO stuff and this switch is a cool idea, but I'll never run a switch. Had one go bad on me once and I'll never trust another one again. Why add another variable into the equation if you don't have to...plug 'n play for me.

Glad to see you got your car dirty strangelove! In regards to your question about driving/getting sideways while turning on power, it's probably a combination of your clutch setup and driving. I don't think the MP9 needs anything other than the stock clutch. I mean, the stock clutch did win the worlds...just a thought . I've seen the other clutch and the idea is cool, but how can you ever ensure all 4 shoes are adjusted with the exact same spring tension?

Anyway, the biggest mistake anyone makes with the MP9 is to start bolting on aftermarket "hop up" parts and chasing setups. Everything you need to be fast is right there in the flat black box, the rest is up to you and your left (or right) index finger. It sounds stupid, and my Dad says it to me all the time, but slow is fast - practice hitting your braking points every lap, hitting the apexes of the corners, and staying on all 4s and gradually start to increase your speed as you get more comfortable with the car and track layout. Going out strapped up and punched out of your mind might feel fast, but trust me, it isn't. Your fastest lap usually isn't your fastest feeling lap. I'm not trying to preach or anything, I have to remind myself of this stuff every time out
Old 04-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Anyway, the biggest mistake anyone makes with the MP9 is to start bolting on aftermarket "hop up" parts and chasing setups. Everything you need to be fast is right there in the flat black box, the rest is up to you and your left (or right) index finger. It sounds stupid, and my Dad says it to me all the time, but slow is fast - practice hitting your braking points every lap, hitting the apexes of the corners, and staying on all 4s and gradually start to increase your speed as you get more comfortable with the car and track layout. Going out strapped up and punched out of your mind might feel fast, but trust me, it isn't. Your fastest lap usually isn't your fastest feeling lap. I'm not trying to preach or anything, I have to remind myself of this stuff every time out

+1

always do a safe first qualifier then try and overdrive the next one to find out how fast not to go then try and get somewhere in the middle for the rest lol
Old 04-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Sean, don't worry, you are not preaching, I appreciate all advise I get. I think I'm having a "spoilt child" syndrome for a while with my new toys and getting all the 'cool' stuff and trying it out. I will be changing all that and remain stock (with some minor kyosho upgrade)

I also need to get use to ignore other people there when I'm on the track, I get too stress out when I'm on the track seeing all the buggy going fast and worried I'm being too slow or causing crashes and tend to move aside to let them pass through. Next time I will just do my own thing since everyone just practicing and try to go to track when lesser buggy there.

Meet a nice guy at the track who are willing to share his knowledge (trust me, it's difficult to get that here!) and he's giving me the same advise as you did, go slow and stay stock first (referring to the clutch of mine). He even gave me a good tip on how to reuse my old tires, just switch the left to the right and you get a good tire again. He told me that's what he did when he's racing, He would use a new tire for the practice and qualifying and when going for race, he would switch his left to right and vice versa.

Btw, your dad is a wise man So lucky of you to have a dad that's into this too.

Btw Sean, what's your thought of having one practice buggy and one race buggy? Do you do that yourself?

I love KO stuff and this switch is a cool idea, but I'll never run a switch. Had one go bad on me once and I'll never trust another one again. Why add another variable into the equation if you don't have to...plug 'n play for me.

Glad to see you got your car dirty strangelove! In regards to your question about driving/getting sideways while turning on power, it's probably a combination of your clutch setup and driving. I don't think the MP9 needs anything other than the stock clutch. I mean, the stock clutch did win the worlds...just a thought . I've seen the other clutch and the idea is cool, but how can you ever ensure all 4 shoes are adjusted with the exact same spring tension?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It sounds stupid, and my Dad says it to me all the time, but slow is fast - practice hitting your braking points every lap, hitting the apexes of the corners, and staying on all 4s and gradually start to increase your speed as you get more comfortable with the car and track layout. Going out strapped up and punched out of your mind might feel fast, but trust me, it isn't. Your fastest lap usually isn't your fastest feeling lap. I'm not trying to preach or anything, I have to remind myself of this stuff every time out
I just started using this mindset a couple of weeks ago after being a total trigger happy idiot with a broken car at the end of most days out, & I can honestly say my driving has noticeably improved.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry, found the answer.

Last edited by drstrangelove; 04-03-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
Hey Sean, don't worry, you are not preaching, I appreciate all advise I get. I think I'm having a "spoilt child" syndrome for a while with my new toys and getting all the 'cool' stuff and trying it out. I will be changing all that and remain stock (with some minor kyosho upgrade)

I also need to get use to ignore other people there when I'm on the track, I get too stress out when I'm on the track seeing all the buggy going fast and worried I'm being too slow or causing crashes and tend to move aside to let them pass through. Next time I will just do my own thing since everyone just practicing and try to go to track when lesser buggy there.

Meet a nice guy at the track who are willing to share his knowledge (trust me, it's difficult to get that here!) and he's giving me the same advise as you did, go slow and stay stock first (referring to the clutch of mine). He even gave me a good tip on how to reuse my old tires, just switch the left to the right and you get a good tire again. He told me that's what he did when he's racing, He would use a new tire for the practice and qualifying and when going for race, he would switch his left to right and vice versa.

Btw, your dad is a wise man So lucky of you to have a dad that's into this too.

Btw Sean, what's your thought of having one practice buggy and one race buggy? Do you do that yourself?
come along to one of the race days we have in johor or if you can make it the second round of the malaysian nationals is in 2 weeks in KL. you will find plenty of us are happy to help out and give you tips. I think there is a race at end of this month in Johor also

just come and seek us out.

A tip about the tire tip you got.... don't turn tires around and use them. you may think that this is a good idea as the forward part of the pin when it is swapped is in better condition however the tire won't perform well.

the back part of the pin or the now worn part will flex dramatically and not provide the support the pin requires to generate the grip. the pin will actually collapse.

in terms of practice and race buggies its a personal choice. I tend to run one buggy and keep it in really good condition and when I feel its ready I retire it and build a new buggy up. I do have practice and race radio trays though so I keep my race servos fresh and I know how many hours are on each piece of electronics.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nitronut3
Whats everyones diff setups?
ive tried 5-5-3 and 7-4-4
The 553 was good but the car felt like it wasnt pulling itself out of the corners, but 744 did but make the car snap hard out of the corners, sometimes almost spinning the car out.
If the 7 in the front felt to agressive try going to 6 in the front, it will be less agressive front pull out of a corner. The other thing that you might like is 7,5,4,,,,, i run this in my E buggy to help even out the tier wear and with the extra weight of a E buggy the 5 in the center is a little more agressive so it launches better.

Scott
Old 04-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Dr.strangelove,,,,,, I promise you the BUKU is not causing you problem unless you didn't read the BUKU thread closely. I agree you should figure out you stock car FIRST, then when you make changes you will know if it is a good change or bad by the way it feels compared to your base car.
Keep the BuKu handy,,,, when you are ready to make some changes this thing will make the car even easier to get off the corner

Scott
Old 04-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

great advise..

you are always a great help.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Scott,

Yes, I know BUKU is not the issue but me Yes I'm keeping them and will definitely want to try them once I'm better. But for now, stock the way to go.

Originally Posted by shinnbad12
Dr.strangelove,,,,,, I promise you the BUKU is not causing you problem unless you didn't read the BUKU thread closely. I agree you should figure out you stock car FIRST, then when you make changes you will know if it is a good change or bad by the way it feels compared to your base car.
Keep the BuKu handy,,,, when you are ready to make some changes this thing will make the car even easier to get off the corner

Scott
Old 04-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

anyone of you guys using the orion battery on the front, prefer the LiFE one? if you do which model? I was sold a china made battery and the company is no longer in business. That's sucks! and the damn plug are all falling a part!

Would be good if the battery fit EVO too and best if it has a hard cover but those are secondary
Old 04-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Does anyone have a Part # or Link to replacement Center CVD Axle Shafts? I'm wanting to buy the Shafts, not the whole CVD's. I looked and couldn't find anything on Amain..Thanks.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Pierre go to infernosonly.com they have them in option parts listing
Old 04-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ben73
come along to one of the race days we have in johor or if you can make it the second round of the malaysian nationals is in 2 weeks in KL. you will find plenty of us are happy to help out and give you tips. I think there is a race at end of this month in Johor also

just come and seek us out.

A tip about the tire tip you got.... don't turn tires around and use them. you may think that this is a good idea as the forward part of the pin when it is swapped is in better condition however the tire won't perform well.

the back part of the pin or the now worn part will flex dramatically and not provide the support the pin requires to generate the grip. the pin will actually collapse.

in terms of practice and race buggies its a personal choice. I tend to run one buggy and keep it in really good condition and when I feel its ready I retire it and build a new buggy up. I do have practice and race radio trays though so I keep my race servos fresh and I know how many hours are on each piece of electronics.
He bro, thanks for the tip. Yes, I'm trying to go down to Johor more to get more practice. Can't really do here at DIOT due to the track conditions. I'm going down again this Sunday with the stock clutch for practice.

Oh, that's interesting on the tire part. That's the confusing part, sometime you get advise where you thought is a good idea and when you double confirm, might not be so good after all. But nevertheless, I do appreciate all the advise I get, just got to learn how to double confirm them

On the race, I don't know if I'm ready for a race yet, don't want to mess up other people race but whatever it is, I will try to come down even just to watch them.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Only infernosonly carry them bro, I bought my spare shaft too for the center CVD too.

Originally Posted by ecpete
Does anyone have a Part # or Link to replacement Center CVD Axle Shafts? I'm wanting to buy the Shafts, not the whole CVD's. I looked and couldn't find anything on Amain..Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.