Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Inferno MP9 thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Reply

Old 05-15-2008, 08:12 PM
  #46  
Nik
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Nik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Posts: 286
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

nice body.
Nik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:12 PM
  #47  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,571
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Key View Post
On an international scale there are far more MP777s sold out there than Losi's.
Is that just an arbitrary opinion, or do you have evidence to support that statement?
captain america is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:30 PM
  #48  
Key
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 628
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by captain america View Post
I guess that explains why Drake and Truhe have been all but steamrolling everyone with their "unstable" 8ights.

Sarcasm aside, from a factual standpoint, how many races have been won by Kyosho versus Losi since the release of the 8ight?
Those are considered pro drivers. Hand it over to an average joe and see how timid it gets.

The question is how many races on a global perspective have been won by kyosho and losi since the launch of the eight?
Key is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:40 PM
  #49  
Key
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 628
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by captain america View Post
Is that just an arbitrary opinion, or do you have evidence to support that statement?
Are you basing your question on a partial discussion? One should consider questioning the entire case as a whole:

Originally Posted by Davidka
The 777 won the most recent worlds and it had ZERO impact on sales.

Last edited by Key; 05-15-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Key is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:30 PM
  #50  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
maskedrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MP9 is here ...stay tune !
Posts: 2,039
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

knn...ccb...dammit... going to burn a hole in my pocket soon....

looking forward get one to replace my SP2
maskedrider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:20 AM
  #51  
Tech Addict
 
RETRO RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND
Posts: 715
Default

Originally Posted by Key View Post
Yes, the driver has more to do with it, however if you win 6 consecutive world titles it shows that the inferno is a proven design.

BTW - The eight was around in the last worlds
yes the losi was around at the last worlds but it was not released publically untill after the worlds and was therefore not eligable to compete as Losi did not have a 8th gas car comercially avaliable before the 06 worlds.

I'm not trying to say any brand is better than the other as both brands have good and bad points and the mp9 may just be my next kit but I wouldn't be suprised if losi get the world title on their first try especialy with the amount of money horizon is speding on drivers, product development, etc.

anyway back to topic can't wait to see some real pics and specs on the MP9, bring it on the more new kits the better

adrian
RETRO RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:08 AM
  #52  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (83)
 
Davidka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 10,474
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Key View Post
On an international scale there are far more MP777s sold out there than Losi's. Not quite sure where you got the zeros from. They are raking Dinars from the Worlds. G. Losi's on Kyosho's payroll. As for platforms there are approx 5 of them and the 6th is soon to be unveiled.

Can't wait till they pull the curtain down and show the MP9 at the Masters!
I think you will find that this is wrong if you look into it. I get the Zeros from right here in the USA where despite having an american driver win world's using the K-car, the only new K-cars I saw last year were two guys who picked up sponsorships from them. It didn't have any effect on sales outside of Japan.

Kyosho has not had 5 platforms, they have had one platform with 5 revisions and I haven't seen any of them on top of the international results sheets (keep an eye on www.neobuggy.net and www.buggysport.info, they have good coverage) in the last two years.

What in the world is a Dinars?
Davidka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:13 AM
  #53  
JQ
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,640
Default

there were no Losi 8ights at the last worlds
JQ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:14 AM
  #54  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
DOMIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Posts: 4,034
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Key View Post
There are a lot of factors involved when mentioning that buggy A can out-accelerate buggy B. I've seen rough sections on tracks that can unsettle an eight but are no problem with the MP777s and that's without using kyosho's big bores. So one can imagine which buggy would have the upper hand in a race.

Kyosho has no intentions of borrowing any ideas off of the eight. It's more likely to see the next version of losi take some of the idea's from the MP9. Definately not a taboo at all.
Ummm... so you are one of the lead designers at Kyosho and have the inside scoop on what they will do?

Xray borrowed a lot from the Losi... and we kid around about that, but that buggy looks like an amazing engineering feat. They certainly added some of their own innovations... and Xray is THE leader in parts quality.

We'll have to wait and see what Kyosho did. I expect nothing less than a top quality, leading edge design of course.
DOMIT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:17 AM
  #55  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
DOMIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Posts: 4,034
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Key View Post
Those are considered pro drivers. Hand it over to an average joe and see how timid it gets.

The question is how many races on a global perspective have been won by kyosho and losi since the launch of the eight?
I'm an average joe... my car is stable and fast... too bad the driver isn't. However, it takes a little effort and creativity to make the Losi "friendly." It is a bit of a handful if you run, say, Adam Drake's setup.
DOMIT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:22 AM
  #56  
Key
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 628
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RETRO RC View Post
yes the losi was around at the last worlds but it was not released publically untill after the worlds and was therefore not eligable to compete as Losi did not have a 8th gas car comercially avaliable before the 06 worlds.

I'm not trying to say any brand is better than the other as both brands have good and bad points and the mp9 may just be my next kit but I wouldn't be suprised if losi get the world title on their first try especialy with the amount of money horizon is speding on drivers, product development, etc.

anyway back to topic can't wait to see some real pics and specs on the MP9, bring it on the more new kits the better

adrian
The eight was released but their team did not show up.

The point is you don't just luck yourself into being a 7 time world champion. That's 14 years of proven racebread design and R&D.
Key is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:36 AM
  #57  
Key
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 628
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
I think you will find that this is wrong if you look into it. I get the Zeros from right here in the USA where despite having an american driver win world's using the K-car, the only new K-cars I saw last year were two guys who picked up sponsorships from them. It didn't have any effect on sales outside of Japan.

Kyosho has not had 5 platforms, they have had one platform with 5 revisions and I haven't seen any of them on top of the international results sheets (keep an eye on www.neobuggy.net and www.buggysport.info, they have good coverage) in the last two years.
After the Worlds the WC sold like hotcakes. Again you may need to revise your numbers.

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
What in the world is a Dinars?
Key is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:42 AM
  #58  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (83)
 
Davidka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 10,474
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Key View Post
After the Worlds the WC sold like hotcakes. Again you may need to revise your numbers.

No, they didn't, the 8ight did. But whatever, this is supposed to be a thread about the new car, not whatever they did or didn't sell before.
Davidka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:49 AM
  #59  
Key
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 628
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Ummm... so you are one of the lead designers at Kyosho and have the inside scoop on what they will do?

Xray borrowed a lot from the Losi... and we kid around about that, but that buggy looks like an amazing engineering feat. They certainly added some of their own innovations... and Xray is THE leader in parts quality.

We'll have to wait and see what Kyosho did. I expect nothing less than a top quality, leading edge design of course.
It seems you may be one of the lead engineers at xray as well.

The XB8 borrowed quite a lot from the inferno too. Perhaps this is somewhat of a trend?
Key is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:53 AM
  #60  
Key
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 628
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
No, they didn't, the 8ight did. But whatever, this is supposed to be a thread about the new car, not whatever they did or didn't sell before.
I'm afraid they did and yes it is supposed to be about the MP9.
Key is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service