Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 05-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scottk
This is getting Crazy... If you guys are so unhappy with your cars go try something else !!! I'm stocked with my car and if a little bit of anodizing rubs off or an out drive wears a little prematurely i think ill survive just like all you wingers can ! Paul King comes on these forums in his own time to help us out with setup and to get the best out of our cars, just remember that !
You R right about that ...If I would be unhappy with the mp9 I would run something else.But this is a forum and if you have a concern about something this is the right place to come...But I noticed here any time some one has any problem with the car ,there is a quiet few guy just acting like a Female bear around her cub..You can not have a problem because if you do you r a bad driver or a negative person,and you r not welcome.....Me and Paul disagree about something and that is it...I know he has more credit here and I know he deserve it .....Let's move on...
Old 05-02-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smelly62
So what your saying here is that Kyosho have put crap anodising on the parts as payback for paying less for the kits or that maybe they put crap anodising on the parts so we are happy to pay less for the kits?? Man I think you smoke too much of that stuff.

And guys keep the pics for PM's not the public, your not doing the brand any favours posting them up here no matter what context you are communicating.

I'm no angel and will argue on here if I am lied to or treated like a dummy but never have I gone as far as to put pics up.
I have absolutely no idea how you could possibly have come to ANY of those conclusions. Please show me exactly where I even commented on Kyosho's anodizing quality or lack thereof. All I said, if you bother to read & try to comprehend it is that hard anodizing simply does not cost any more than (standard) anodizing.

I didn't even mention the quality of the anodizing Kyosho does or gets someone else to do for them. Where did you get this loony idea from? Certainly not from what you've quoted & sure wasn't from anything I have EVER said on this forum. Maybe it comes down to the general public's ignorance, perhaps just your ignorance, but you should not try to read in between the lines because you'll find there is NOTHING THERE! I didn't alude to any quality concerns, didn't imply any quality misgivings, so how you decided that's what I am saying is.. umm.. Insane In The Membrane

Looks like you are the one who is smoking too much, probably why you're so smelly.

Really dude, I don't bag people out & I don't get personal about this crap coz it doesn't do anyone any favours - not unless someone else does it to me for absolutely no reason at all. Next time just read a bit slower, take in & understand each & every word & how they pertain to the sentence & overall context of the post. I don't mince my words & I don't leave anything up to one's imagination (of which yours is going way overtime, past your bedtime probably). I say what I mean & mean what I say, like Gabe so eloquently put it, no more, no less.

And how exactly is posting pics not doing the brand any favours or doing them a disservice? Again, read slower - I was asking which moron came up with the genius idea to put completely different parts with identical part numbers? I do use bold & italics on occasion, sometimes even both at once to make it easy for narrow minded, quick to insult & lacking in common sense & comprehension people like you to understand.

Please show me the exact sentence from where you "discovered" what I was trying to say - quick hint: Unlike the vast majority of almost all speakers of all languages, I don't have to try to say things because I have the necessary language skills to (this is gonna blow your mind) actually say what I mean.

Keep the insults for someone who cares or at least deserves them. The following is a direct quote from you, spelling & grammatical errors included: "your not doing the [smelly] brand any favours".

Go to bed man, you obviously need the rest.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gabor szilagyi
You R right about that ...If I would be unhappy with the mp9 I would run something else.But this is a forum and if you have a concern about something this is the right place to come...But I noticed here any time some one has any problem with the car ,there is a quiet few guy just acting like a Female bear around her cub..You can not have a problem because if you do you r a bad driver or a negative person,and you r not welcome.....Me and Paul disagree about something and that is it...I know he has more credit here and I know he deserve it .....Let's move on...
+1 Love the way you say things Gabe. And no, I'm not being facetious or trying to make an insult, I really do like the way Gabe phrases his posts.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

About the outdrive.aaron thank you sir!Please pm me your paypal and let me know the cost..I'll make a payment for you.I know Mitch Looper from M2C I might ask him to check this materials and compare them..I am sure he has his way to find out whitch material is harder...Thanks again...I hope I can get a hold of with him...
Old 05-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

PM about to be sent. And all I ask is that you pay for postage, no charge for the parts mate.

smelly-boy, feet, arse, dog, whatever: You would do a lot better in life in general & on this forum in specific if you keep your insults to what a person says, not the person themselves. There's simply no need to attack the person & certainly no benefit to anyone (ok, your ego might be the only thing to benefit). If you don't like what someone says that's 100% fine with me, attack what it is they say, not them (I'm somehwat repeating myself so you can maybe understand exactly what it is I am saying, not what it is you think I'm trying to say).

Don't know what I did to get in your head so bad & I've no idea why you felt the need to attack me personally when I didn't diss you, Kyosho, Kyosho's quality or anyone on this forum (in the post you quoted). What I said at the end of my post which you quoted could have been construed as humorous, facetious, maybe even silly but what you said was simply nasty, cruel, vicious, completely uncalled for, absolutely undeserved & shows both your lack of class & intelligence. I will leave it at that if you do.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

we are VERY lucky to have PK here to help us out. He is not here because his son Cody is active on here, he is on here for us and out of his love for the Kyosho mp9. NONE OF US have more time or experience with the mp9 than Paul, so I dig his insight hardcore....try to go build a car, then hammer it to death on a track like Pattaya and see if it stays together for even a tanks worth of fuel. That cant be argued, if a WORLD CHAMPION mechanic is capable of that, Im totally trusting his judgement in anything in regards to the car, besides, PK seems like a super nice guy, I hope some day I get to shake his hand and introduce myself, Cody as well of course. My point is, we dont want to burn out our light source guys. Please chill on all of the negative posts in regards to failures that happen as a result of YOUR DRIVING. Guys, dont post in defense of this or anything as its simply not necessary....lets talk about new and up and coming products....new setups.....build tips....etc etc.etc!

peace and cheers!

lets see some pics of some mp9's!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Real quickie - consider this alternative: post about failures & how to stop them from happening but simply DO NOT insult anyone AT ALL. If someone is a dropkick driver (someone, notice not specific) & breaks stuff & asks how to stop breaking stuff, answer exactly how to stop breaking stuff but just don't refer to them, refer to the question they have asked. Guarantee that no-one is ever going to ask "how can I stop being a dinkweed driver" so simply don't infer that's what they meant. Try it, I know everyone should find we can all live together (with our own faults) in perfect harmony if we just don't insult each other. No need for any of us to get personal.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Trevor-got that lid on Saturday I think, I was at JBRL, got home Sunday and it was waiting for me. Looks sick, not a huge fan of the pink, but it can work. Thanks for throwin a wing in there too. I'm thinkin this will be my "breast cancer awareness" body. I hate to do it, but I'll have to cut another hole in it for my Nova pipe. Or maybe I should just buy an Orion engine/pipe so it matches the hole lol! I'll post up some pics soon. Thanks for the smokin deal bro.

PK- Thanks for the tip about the 91mm shafts in the rear. Ran those all day Sat at ARC with zero issues, zero tweaks. Took 5th overall in Int Buggy, not the greatest result but was ok. I needed to drive better/more agressive in the main and felt like I needed a slightly lighter oil (ran 45/32.5, should have gone 45/30 or 42.5/27.5). KCar was great though-Cody looked freakin dialed-no one took that whoop section like him, that was sweet to watch, congrats.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

my pleasure bro.....Im glad you like it.....man, the 2013 is a pretty versatile pipeset........I ran it on a Novarossi 21-4 and it was nice.....plus it produces a tone like no other, a very raspy/aggresive sound.....maybe , depending on which engine you are running, you can try a Orion, Sirio, Werks 2013 and be golden

peace!

TW
Old 05-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Paul, it's starting to get a little hot down here in the "dirty dirty south" (Louisiana). I'm currently running the same shock oils you guys ran out at the worlds. I would imagine the temps were close to how it is down here right now. Last Saturday it was about 89 but it's going to get a lot worse in the next few months along with some serious humidity. My question is at what temps and or type of tracks do you guys go up in oil, because 45 front and 32.5 rear felt a little on the light side. thanks in advance.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Reginal have you tried putting 1.2*8 piston if it felt alittle soft witt the 1.3*8
Old 05-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Nijo, No I haven't tried those pistons, are those the tapered ones?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
my pleasure bro.....Im glad you like it.....man, the 2013 is a pretty versatile pipeset........I ran it on a Novarossi 21-4 and it was nice.....plus it produces a tone like no other, a very raspy/aggresive sound.....maybe , depending on which engine you are running, you can try a Orion, Sirio, Werks 2013 and be golden

peace!

TW
Yeah, I had the 2013 on a B5 last year, I loved the sound. I'm runnin last year's 21-4C w/ the 021 header and 9901 pipe. I love that 9901 pipe, plus I think I sold the 2013 w/ the B5. I tried the 9853 pipe but the 9901 felt better all around to me. How are those Fusion mills?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

2013 is good on 21-4

my Fusion x3 will be here in a few days.....Monty hooked it up for me...I will be running a Dyn 086 pipeset....I will break it in this week...I'll post pics of my car as soon as I get my Fastlane Graphix wraps and new engine...I hope to hit the track this week
Old 05-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Trevor-got that lid on Saturday I think, I was at JBRL, got home Sunday and it was waiting for me. Looks sick, not a huge fan of the pink, but it can work. Thanks for throwin a wing in there too. I'm thinkin this will be my "breast cancer awareness" body. I hate to do it, but I'll have to cut another hole in it for my Nova pipe. Or maybe I should just buy an Orion engine/pipe so it matches the hole lol! I'll post up some pics soon. Thanks for the smokin deal bro.

PK- Thanks for the tip about the 91mm shafts in the rear. Ran those all day Sat at ARC with zero issues, zero tweaks. Took 5th overall in Int Buggy, not the greatest result but was ok. I needed to drive better/more agressive in the main and felt like I needed a slightly lighter oil (ran 45/32.5, should have gone 45/30 or 42.5/27.5). KCar was great though-Cody looked freakin dialed-no one took that whoop section like him, that was sweet to watch, congrats.
Haha, it was crazy to straight line that chicane/washboard section. Did you see Cody hit the double pipe that one time and send the car into orbit?! MP9.. strong like bull.. .. I'm glad the 91mm shafts worked for you. I really think it's the way to go using the short tread and 2mm off-set wc hubs. If the pins bottom out in the outdrive slots, that's what bends and breaks them.

Originally Posted by iglu25
Paul, it's starting to get a little hot down here in the "dirty dirty south" (Louisiana). I'm currently running the same shock oils you guys ran out at the worlds. I would imagine the temps were close to how it is down here right now. Last Saturday it was about 89 but it's going to get a lot worse in the next few months along with some serious humidity. My question is at what temps and or type of tracks do you guys go up in oil, because 45 front and 32.5 rear felt a little on the light side. thanks in advance.
Hi Reggie. Do you have some orange springs? I would suggest trying the orange springs and leave the oil to see how it works. The orange spring likes a little lighter oil and we are liking them a little better than the blues right now. If it's still too light, just go up 2.5... If your track has a lot of traction or it's on the smooth side, you might want the blue springs back tho...

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
we are VERY lucky to have PK here to help us out. He is not here because his son Cody is active on here, he is on here for us and out of his love for the Kyosho mp9. NONE OF US have more time or experience with the mp9 than Paul, so I dig his insight hardcore....try to go build a car, then hammer it to death on a track like Pattaya and see if it stays together for even a tanks worth of fuel. That cant be argued, if a WORLD CHAMPION mechanic is capable of that, Im totally trusting his judgement in anything in regards to the car, besides, PK seems like a super nice guy, I hope some day I get to shake his hand and introduce myself, Cody as well of course. My point is, we dont want to burn out our light source guys. Please chill on all of the negative posts in regards to failures that happen as a result of YOUR DRIVING. Guys, dont post in defense of this or anything as its simply not necessary....lets talk about new and up and coming products....new setups.....build tips....etc etc.etc!

peace and cheers!

lets see some pics of some mp9's!
Thanks for the props Trevor... I feel proud to work on Cody's cars, and what a dream come true to actually build and pit the WC car for the World Champ! I can tell you that half the battle is your preparation for finals day, the semi, and just making sure everything is bullet proof and solid for the 60 minute main. You only have 60 minutes to get the car ready after semi impound, so being mentally prepared and having a supporting staff to help who have been there before makes a huge difference. I try my best to make sense on these forums, but it's tough sometimes and gets lost in translation. Thanks for the motivation!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.