Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 02-25-2011, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Yeah, I've dealt with Absolute, they're good. Amain rocks out here in CA but they don't carry everything.

I found this on Kyosho's website, someone please correct this if it's wrong, but here is what's in the TKI2 WC:

Features
New TKI 2 WC Features
Machined Sus. Holder – Strengthened front lower suspension holder is wider and thicker giving you the ability to handle big jumps and hard surfaces.

Heavy Duty – Strengthened front shock tower features a thicker construction giving you the ability to handle what ever your local track can dish out.

Redesigned Arms – Redesigned and reinforced for extra strength around the stabilizer mounting holes on the front lower suspension arms.

Increase Strength – Reinforcing ribs on the ball end sections of the rear upper suspension arms dramatically increase strength and rigidity to handle hard contact.

Move Up – The receiver battery is now positioned further forward to improve jumping control and cornering.

Rear Shock Stay – The rear shock tower is reinforced in the same way as the front and now featuring 10 upper arm mounting holes for a more precision set up.

It's gonna be a long month, but I think I'll just wait for the dub-C...
Sounds about right, thats all the stuff we got given at the Worlds except the upper arms which we have never had a prob with. We even got given a steel front lower sus holder but they were too hard and brittle so the ally one was better. Also got ally chassis braces but not sure they were needed. Tebo liked them because he says it helps guard against engine flame out caused by excessive chassis flex. I reckon Pitpop is on the money with the hole under the bell.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Is it worth it to wait for the WC edition, or get the tki2 and buy the WC parts when they're available?
I've been trying to find some place that has the WC replacement parts but so far have been unsuccessful.

One of the RC shops in Japan with whom I've been speaking said that the special WC only parts will not be sold as replacement/option parts. I thought that a bit strange coz what happens if a WC owner breaks/wears them out. He hasn't answered yet, said he's trying nto find out for me.

As for the car itself, there are only the 6 component changes, 2 of which are of no importance to most as not too many non-pros would need the strengthened F/R shock towers - plus they're heavier as they have no lightening holes in them like on the rear shock tower near the top shock mount or next to the screw holes on the front shock tower.

I'm mainly looking for the WC bits coz I have a bent lower front hinge-pin holder so I figured instead of buying IF439B I'd wait till the WC parts come out but might be too long if it's gonna be April.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

dear gurus,

i just got the lightweight fioroni lightweight CVD (OT-LIC35). I just can't seem to fit the drive axles into the if412 differential shafts.

Should I file around the axles for a fit or am i missing something here? - revised, filling does not help at all. the end of the OT-LIC35 that's suppose to fit into the if412 is WAY TOO BIG.

it's going back for a refund or a exchange.

Last edited by crittertoo; 02-25-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

I'm on it
Old 02-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

JUst wondering why you chose the Fioroni CVD over the new Kyosho one? I recently bought some of the Kyosho CVDs (still waiting for them to arrive) because they were less than 1/2 the price of the Fioroni version, even 1/3 depending where I looked. Spose it doesn't matter if we can't use them with the standard diff outdrives anyway but was there something about them that's better than the Kyosho or just the weight difference? I know they're a bit lighter than the standard universals, are they much lighter than the new CVDs IFW419/420?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Checked into it but I would say its a Fioroni thing. send back for: KYOIFW419 Kyosho Inferno MP9 91mm Front CVD Set /IFW420 for the 93mm. Now if you have problems then. Oh ya you got problems but try that first AND SAVE SOME $$$
Old 02-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aaron125
are they much lighter than the new CVDs IFW419/420?
the fioroni cvd are way lighter than the 419/420. I guess it's the 420 for now until fioroni get that sorted out. refund for the time being...
Old 02-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

first of...congrats to cody, pitpop and kyosho for another worlds win, testement to a great team.

I have a few ? for the more knowledgeable than I.

1. On checking the rear toe on my tki2 with 3deg toe inserts, I get a reading of 2deg toe...In fact on my tki1 it was much the same, a little more like 1.5deg. To compensate this I turn a 2deg insert around(which should be 4deg in theory) which gets me nearer the 3deg.........anybody else come across this, or would like to check it out?

2. With the tki2 rear hubs(2mm offset) I presume the 2mm is the extension of the hub to run the axle 2mm wider, the upper link holes and hinge pin hole are in the exact same position as the stardard plastic unit. If so, why the use of the narrow hex hub on the axle? I have measured this all up the best I can and I get a narrower wheel track than the tki1(which makes complete sense).

3. Do you guys use a standard width hex to bring the track it out? I have read somewhere that using the 2mm hub you must use the inside setting on the hinge pin insert of the arm, to put it under legal width, so this tells me that some of you run the wider wheel hex?

4. So when running 2mm offset hub and narrow hinge pin insert on arm, given that the upper link holes are the same as standard hub, inturn you are actually running a more angled upper link(if it started out inclined and not parallel of course) and raising the roll center?

Hope you arent as confused as I....cheers
Old 02-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i beleive that the 2mm off set hubs just change the hub location the upper link holes are in same location and with the plus 2 hubs you are supposed to run the inner holes in rear arms so that overall width is the same as with original rear hubs plus 2 hubs allow use of the shorter arms theory pitpop says it is a very slight difference. in feel
Old 02-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, I just got back from the track. I decided to try cody's thunder alley setup and all I can say is wow! I have never felt so fast with a car before. It was absolutely perfect for my driving style. It was so planted and just went and did everything I asked of it. Thank you guys for all of your help and a special thanks to kerry whom I met at the track, he really helped me get the car dialed and taught me a wealth of knowledge along the way. I just gotta buy some tires for next weekends race.

Last edited by xpertpredator; 02-27-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
Hey guys, I just got back from the track. I decided to try cody's thunder alley setup and all I can say is wow! I have never felt so fast with a car before. It was absolutely perfect for my driving style. It was so planted and just went and did everything I asked of it. Thank you guys for all of your help and a special thanks to kelly whom I met at the track, he really helped me get the car dialed and taught me a wealth of knowledge along the way. I just gotta buy some tires for next weekends race.
share for me please the setup
Old 02-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by setanborneo
share for me please the setup
This is the setup I used. http://www.infernosonly.com/v/vspfil...winder_Win.jpg

I must say it is awesome how it handles. I had to work on my throttle finger at first, but quickly adjusted and was flying around the track. Only thing I had differently was that I am running losi 37.5 oil in my rear shocks and 42.5 in the front.

On another note are you guys running a nimh hump pack on the new forward mounted battery kit. I am really considering picking up this part as I have heard it provides great results in the overall performance of the car. Also when installing is it necessary to cut the battery box from the receiver box or is it ok to leave it as is? Will leaving it as is have any performance drawbacks on the car?
Old 02-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
This is the setup I used. http://www.infernosonly.com/v/vspfil...winder_Win.jpg

I must say it is awesome how it handles. I had to work on my throttle finger at first, but quickly adjusted and was flying around the track. Only thing I had differently was that I am running losi 37.5 oil in my rear shocks and 42.5 in the front.

On another note are you guys running a nimh hump pack on the new forward mounted battery kit. I am really considering picking up this part as I have heard it provides great results in the overall performance of the car. Also when installing is it necessary to cut the battery box from the receiver box or is it ok to leave it as is? Will leaving it as is have any performance drawbacks on the car?
okey,thank you,i try this.

the track in my place,in indonesia,very similar with worlds track

I'm still looking for a suitable setting, until now still have not found how the car can move quickly into the corner, too slow, maybe the servo is still not quick enough.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

maybe is little tips, I use springs make the brakes more quickly back

Old 02-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I would not mind to check out Cody's and Tebo's setup at the Dirt!!!!I hope we get to see next week!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.