Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 02-11-2011, 11:48 PM
  #4771  
Tech Master
 
pitpop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,445
Default

Originally Posted by MFigueroa
Anyone knw the item # for those aluminum pivot balls??
Here is the post with the "just like Cody King's MP9" parts list

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8479041-post4456.html

Last edited by pitpop; 02-12-2011 at 09:06 AM.
pitpop is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 05:13 AM
  #4772  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 216
Default

a complete noob question. my mp9e is pushing when exiting corners. shocks oils are 500 front and rear. anti squat -2. 7000/5000/3000 diffs oil. Where do I start?

1) lighten rear sway bar ?
2) lighten the rear diff oils?
3) a lighter finger ?

any suggestions? any reading materials to look up on?

thanks a million

Last edited by crittertoo; 02-13-2011 at 06:46 AM.
crittertoo is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 07:14 AM
  #4773  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
johnnyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,634
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Thanks for all the help here on the forum Paul. I just tried Cody's set up from CRCRC at a local indoor clay track and it was DIALED!
johnnyboy is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 12:23 PM
  #4774  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys. I ran the round 1 of the grass roots series yesterday at Palm Desert RC Raceway. I struggled all day to find a setup to tame the rear end down, and was able to somewhat get it tamed, but at times it still feels like i was driving on ice at times. I also felt that the car had way too much steering that my current skills could handle. Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I can tame the steering as well as the rear end. I managed to squeak into the A main for sportsman, but I did poorly in the main as the car was too much of a handful for me. Heck if you guys know of a stable setup and doesnt have a ton of steering but good enough that would be great!. I am running 7-5-3 in my diffs right now.
xpertpredator is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 12:53 PM
  #4775  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (156)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,151
Trader Rating: 156 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
Hey guys. I ran the round 1 of the grass roots series yesterday at Palm Desert RC Raceway. I struggled all day to find a setup to tame the rear end down, and was able to somewhat get it tamed, but at times it still feels like i was driving on ice at times. I also felt that the car had way too much steering that my current skills could handle. Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I can tame the steering as well as the rear end. I managed to squeak into the A main for sportsman, but I did poorly in the main as the car was too much of a handful for me. Heck if you guys know of a stable setup and doesnt have a ton of steering but good enough that would be great!. I am running 7-5-3 in my diffs right now.
Try running 552 in the diffs or 553. Also drop to the 2.3 front and 2.5 rear sway bars. ReaLy settle the hole car down a lot. I put those bars on at rev for the losi race and made a huge difference. Also what were you running for shock oil and shock springs?
skoalisbad4me is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 12:57 PM
  #4776  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me
Try running 552 in the diffs or 553. Also drop to the 2.3 front and 2.5 rear sway bars. ReaLy settle the hole car down a lot. I put those bars on at rev for the losi race and made a huge difference. Also what were you running for shock oil and shock springs?
Wouldnt dropping the front down to 5 give me more steering? Ill check what sway bars I have on there now. Whatever came stock with the TkII. I was running the light blue springs all around and 42.5 oil up front and 30 in the rear. My ride height was 28mm F and 29mm R. I have a video of me driving which really shows what I mean but I have no clue how to post it here.
xpertpredator is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 02:22 PM
  #4777  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 50
Default

quick question about front toe out and setup, i set my tki2 up on a setup station and set the front toe at 1 deg out when i set the car on the stand afterwards the wheels seem to point out allot more than 1 deg but when it is on the ground it seems ok. is this normal should they be more true when on the stand also ?
jboy77 is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 05:19 PM
  #4778  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

i would like to know if i can fit up a couple new Losi flywheel's clutch's combo's, hardned,etc lAYING around, will those be able to get any love either? I like the losi setup, i have a dialed combo, w/shoes/springs/heavier flywheel....will this system work?
TommyBlazin is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 06:04 PM
  #4779  
Tech Master
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,506
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
Hey guys. I ran the round 1 of the grass roots series yesterday at Palm Desert RC Raceway. I struggled all day to find a setup to tame the rear end down, and was able to somewhat get it tamed, but at times it still feels like i was driving on ice at times. I also felt that the car had way too much steering that my current skills could handle. Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I can tame the steering as well as the rear end. I managed to squeak into the A main for sportsman, but I did poorly in the main as the car was too much of a handful for me. Heck if you guys know of a stable setup and doesnt have a ton of steering but good enough that would be great!. I am running 7-5-3 in my diffs right now.
i was running 553 with 1.3x8 hole pistons with light blue springs and 45 front and 30 in back with rear link in #4 position and car was bad
switched to 1.2 x8 hole pistons and med. green springs in the back with 35 front and 22.5 in back and went to # 8 postion on rear link and the car was way better track was very rutted so no setup was going to be great for bumps but this got me close to bad i broke fuel line at filter in crash in main caused flame outs and aggrivation
also if you want stable try 553 in diffs more toe out loosen sway bars at bulk head so have slop and go to the #8 position in back this makes the car rotate less will work good for you try it out and let me know what you think
jewn_beef is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 08:00 PM
  #4780  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: milpitas, ca
Posts: 170
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys. I want to make the switch to threaded shocks, but I have a question. I know that you need the medium threaded shocks for the rear, but what about the front- Do I get the short [KYOIF471] version?

Anyone know where or when the medium threaded shocks will be in stock? All the online places I know of are listed as out of stock.
STi oWn$ Jo0 is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 08:25 PM
  #4781  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (156)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,151
Trader Rating: 156 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STi oWn$ Jo0
Hey guys. I want to make the switch to threaded shocks, but I have a question. I know that you need the medium threaded shocks for the rear, but what about the front- Do I get the short [KYOIF471] version?

Anyone know where or when the medium threaded shocks will be in stock? All the online places I know of are listed as out of stock.
I was just about to get the threaded shocks front and medium rear and they were both in stock at infernosonly.com
I ended up going with the medium velvet coated ones instead just because personal preference
skoalisbad4me is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 PM
  #4782  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: milpitas, ca
Posts: 170
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me
I was just about to get the threaded shocks front and medium rear and they were both in stock at infernosonly.com
I ended up going with the medium velvet coated ones instead just because personal preference
infernosonly was one of the places I looked, they must have just sold their last set.

I need part numbers KYOIF470 and KYOIF471 to go threaded shocks, correct?
STi oWn$ Jo0 is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 08:40 PM
  #4783  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default shocks

Originally Posted by STi oWn$ Jo0
infernosonly was one of the places I looked, they must have just sold their last set.

I need part numbers KYOIF470 and KYOIF471 to go threaded shocks, correct?
Yes those are the correct part#s, remember those come with the tapered pistons and no springs...So order accordingly...

Walid
walidelagamy is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 09:11 PM
  #4784  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: milpitas, ca
Posts: 170
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Walid,

Should I use other shock pistons? Do you have part numbers? I appreciate the help!

Edit: Nevermind, I just looked at Cody's set up sheet. I'll be sure to get (4) 1.3x8 white shock pistons.
STi oWn$ Jo0 is offline  
Old 02-14-2011, 12:03 AM
  #4785  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
i was running 553 with 1.3x8 hole pistons with light blue springs and 45 front and 30 in back with rear link in #4 position and car was bad
switched to 1.2 x8 hole pistons and med. green springs in the back with 35 front and 22.5 in back and went to # 8 postion on rear link and the car was way better track was very rutted so no setup was going to be great for bumps but this got me close to bad i broke fuel line at filter in crash in main caused flame outs and aggrivation
also if you want stable try 553 in diffs more toe out loosen sway bars at bulk head so have slop and go to the #8 position in back this makes the car rotate less will work good for you try it out and let me know what you think
I will go ahead and give that a try. I have seen that 553 has been the typical setup with this car. My only concern is that it may have too much steering for my taste, but this car has so many tuning options I am sure I could dial it down someway. I was considering trying 10-10-5, but I dont know how that would work. I am basing all of my knowledge on what I tried with my old car the Hot Bodies D8. Gotta get this car dialed for the next grass roots race at Thunder Alley.
xpertpredator is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.