Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 12-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
I think it's a no brainer to get the SE car... it's great right out of the box, or you can upgrade to lightened drivetrain as the stuff gets worn. Also, you can lighten with the aluminum pivot balls and keep the steel ones which NEVER wear out. On the radio box thing, I haven't tried it. I suppose it could work, but that gets in the way of where we are currently mounting the battery.
This is the advice I followed and got the SE.

SE, don't really need more than that, TKI2 is nice and all, but more options than needed and still need to buy a couple sway bars and springs with it as well as some basic spare parts.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
Which one? I was thinking of the TKI2. If so, is there anything I need to add?
If you can afford the TKI2 definitely go that route but if not you cant go wrong with a TKI with the short rear tower and medium rear shocks. And if your on a budget the SE is still a great great car. Either way you go you can always convert to TKI2 down the road. I have a clean SE comes with TKI rear end clutch nice body and tires for 300 if anyone is interested.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
Possibly looking to get this Kit/ or one of it's versions.
Should I get the SE,TKI, or TKI2? This is for club racing/practice driving.
I currently like to drive my RC8TFT like I stole it, hard on gas, hard on brake, will the MP9 fit this style, for a short Technical track with many,many turns and 1 short straight?
The advice was given against this question.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
Which one? I was thinking of the TKI2. If so, is there anything I need to add?
My E-buggy is an upgraded SE. Hunter Kinsey runs an SE as well. Just get some springs and sway bars. If you want to drop weight get all of the hard anodized balls that come on the TKI2. Other than that nothing else is necessary unless you just want to spend money.

The nitro MP9 i'm building for the spring will be an SE with just a couple of tweaks.

Dont get a TKI. It has the long rear shocks and tall tower and you'll just need to spend $ to convert it back to the medium shock/short tower rear end. SE comes with medium rear end. TKI2 has the medium rear end as well.

-Andrew Frosch

Last edited by afr0sch; 12-07-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
If you can afford the TKI2 definitely go that route but if not you cant go wrong with a TKI with the short rear tower and medium rear shocks. And if your on a budget the SE is still a great great car. Either way you go you can always convert to TKI2 down the road. I have a clean SE comes with TKI rear end clutch nice body and tires for 300 if anyone is interested.
PM sent
Old 12-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Looking forward to seeing pics of the MP9 Cody King Edition.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthijs
I'll do some measurements with the shocks this week, when I mounted them I thought they were 1mm shorter.. ;-) on the hubs.. here is some info from a guy who does some wrenching on a car..
ok, I just looked at the differences between the 'old' shocks and the 'new ones'..... there is a difference in lenght. The new threaded shocks are a bit shorter.

I measured (full lenght of shock from top of shockcap till lowest point shockend)

medium - 131 mm
medium threaded - 129,5 mm

short - 113 mm
short threaded - 111,5

conclusion, the new shockcap is 1,5 mm shorter, shockbody, shaft en shockends are the same lenght.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matthijs
ok, I just looked at the differences between the 'old' shocks and the 'new ones'..... there is a difference in lenght. The new threaded shocks are a bit shorter.

I measured (full lenght of shock from top of shockcap till lowest point shockend)

medium - 131 mm
medium threaded - 129,5 mm

short - 113 mm
short threaded - 111,5

conclusion, the new shockcap is 1,5 mm shorter, shockbody, shaft en shockends are the same lenght.

Thanks so much for the info...

Matthjs i would like to ask some questions..Fisrt one i already asked it before but it has to do with the functions of the new 2mm offset hubs..did you notice any difference in handling or anything else when changing to those offsets? do you believe they worht trying? because i already have the king hertz ones so i dont know what i should do.. also do i have to use the new narrow hubs? because cody used the standard ones on his so i suspect the narrow ones are not appropriate whaat do you think? And lets say i bought the hubs how do i install them? Do i have to reverse the positionof the spacer that is inserted inside the rear arm in order to make the car less narrow? or i install them like the other ones except tha this one will have more offset. and obviously i ll have to readjust the camber link..Laslty does the new tki2 body fit the tki perfectly? because in amainhobbies it says that you need the tki2 side guards and those side guards specify that fit only the tki2 chassis..so i wonder does tki2 have a new chassis?

btw did you see any difference with the new shocks?

Thanks!!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
guy you are confusing me on whats what on this quote the tki has a short rear tower and medium rear shocks.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by afr0sch
My E-buggy is an upgraded SE. Hunter Kinsey runs an SE as well. Just get some springs and sway bars. If you want to drop weight get all of the hard anodized balls that come on the TKI2. Other than that nothing else is necessary unless you just want to spend money.

The nitro MP9 i'm building for the spring will be an SE with just a couple of tweaks.

Dont get a TKI. It has the long rear shocks and tall tower and you'll just need to spend $ to convert it back to the medium shock/short tower rear end. SE comes with medium rear end. TKI2 has the medium rear end as well.

-Andrew Frosch
and here
Old 12-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace
Thanks so much for the info...

Matthjs i would like to ask some questions..Fisrt one i already asked it before but it has to do with the functions of the new 2mm offset hubs..did you notice any difference in handling or anything else when changing to those offsets? do you believe they worht trying? because i already have the king hertz ones so i dont know what i should do.. also do i have to use the new narrow hubs? because cody used the standard ones on his so i suspect the narrow ones are not appropriate whaat do you think? And lets say i bought the hubs how do i install them? Do i have to reverse the positionof the spacer that is inserted inside the rear arm in order to make the car less narrow? or i install them like the other ones except tha this one will have more offset. and obviously i ll have to readjust the camber link..Laslty does the new tki2 body fit the tki perfectly? because in amainhobbies it says that you need the tki2 side guards and those side guards specify that fit only the tki2 chassis..so i wonder does tki2 have a new chassis?

btw did you see any difference with the new shocks?

Thanks!!

- offset carrierhubs, I didn't notice much difference on the track, but I haven't really tested them back-to-back. I you put the offset hubs on you can retain the same wide of the car by reversing the bushing in the arm. That compensates for the 2mm. Or you can use the narrow wheelhub and use the standard position of the insert on the arm.

If you run a race series where you don't have to comply to ifmar rules about how wide your car is you can use the offset carrierhubs, standard wheelhubs and standard insert position, you'll need the 93 mm universals for that. You will gain 2mm on the back of your car, making it more stable.

- The new TKI2 body fits the TKI perfectly, you won't need the new sideguards or chassisplate. Only thing you'll need is a lower airfilterset, such as the one used on the TKI2. The TKI2 body sits lower.

-I really don't know what the difference is between the previous chassisplates and the new IF473 plate & the IF474 side guards, from the pics I can't tell any differences. Haven't had them on the bench yet ;-) On the TKI2 kit the 'normal' chassisplate is included.

- I didn't use the new shocks yet, winter time in The Netherlands, so indoor with the RB5 sp2!

Here is a series spec chart for the MP9 line-up: http://www.kyosho.com/eng/fun/specia...al_data02.html
Old 12-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

I was told that the tank cracks cause of chassis flex is this true.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pete Martinez
guy you are confusing me on whats what on this quote the tki has a short rear tower and medium rear shocks.
I was stating the TKI is great if the short rear tower and the rear medium shocks were put on it but as you know it does come with the long shocks and tall tower in the rear.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I know it been posted or asked, but is there a link someone could post to all the parts the convert a tki to a tki2
Old 12-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony montana
I know it been posted or asked, but is there a link someone could post to all the parts the convert a tki to a tki2
Go back a page or two you will find it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.