Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 08-11-2010, 11:01 PM
  #3601  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 726
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vince7870
i recently purchased the 2mm offset rear hubs. i noticed the instructions said to turn arm insert so hub closer to diff housing. with regular hubs the insert was the opposite way. anyone have any insight on these hubs? i had the previous regular aluminum hubs but bent those rather quickly
Originally Posted by pitpop
Hi Matthijs... well, let me say that I don't want to discourage anyone from using the full offset if they are allowed. My post here was based on my experience, that the MP9 just barely fit into the IFMAR box, so surely if 2mm added width, could be illegal.

To answer your question why use more offset and move hingepin, theoretically you will get less roll center variation with shorter lower arm, which I think is a good thing. It is a slight adjustment to the geometery of the rear suspension, which always yields at least some effect on the handling of the car. This will also theoretically reduce camber change on compression of the suspension. (which will produce [in PK's suspension book] "positive camber push" at the apex of a corner) That's my own term, you heard it here first.
there you go!
Matthijs is offline  
Old 08-11-2010, 11:06 PM
  #3602  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 726
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Got some new blingbling om my car (let's see who can find them), also finally the medium rear shocks, can't wait to see if I notice something different. The more I look at the bulldog body, the more I like it, especially in all white...no green for the time being...


Matthijs is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 AM
  #3603  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Usa
Posts: 104
Default

Very nice!

I see that the shock towers changed color, that buldog body looks like it was made for that car! What body is it for, RC8?

Last edited by Pdpower; 08-12-2010 at 04:44 AM.
Pdpower is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 07:43 AM
  #3604  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 726
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pdpower
Very nice!

I see that the shock towers changed color, that buldog body looks like it was made for that car! What body is it for, RC8?
yes, it's a RC8 body from Proline, fits really nice after some alternative cutlines. The shocktowers are an ebay gamble don't know how they hold up, exact copy of the originals and I needed the medium rear tower, for the price I couldn't resist. I have a race this sunday and will test them with some big crashes...
Matthijs is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 08:09 AM
  #3605  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Usa
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by Matthijs
yes, it's a RC8 body from Proline, fits really nice after some alternative cutlines. The shocktowers are an ebay gamble don't know how they hold up, exact copy of the originals and I needed the medium rear tower, for the price I couldn't resist. I have a race this sunday and will test them with some big crashes...

So give us your feeling on the performance of the car with the medium shocks and tower vs the large ones, after that race.
Pdpower is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 08:25 AM
  #3606  
Tech Regular
 
deeje929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 482
Default

How can u tellt he differcne between the 1.3* SP and the 1.4*8 Sp pistons
if they are both white . I notice that one had a ring on teh outside of the piston but what is the size
deeje929 is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 08:32 AM
  #3607  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 726
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by deeje929
How can u tellt he differcne between the 1.3* SP and the 1.4*8 Sp pistons
if they are both white . I notice that one had a ring on teh outside of the piston but what is the size
the 1.3x8 sp piston is black: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-13-x-8-hole-2

the 1.4x8 sp piston is white: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-14-x-8-hole-2

all of them: http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...filter_cat=994
Matthijs is offline  
Old 08-13-2010, 12:15 PM
  #3608  
Tech Initiate
 
jesperolsen1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 40
Default Astro

Hi guys

Does anyone have experience with astroturf racing?
Im going to a race at a brand new track here in Norway, and its 100% astroturf. I have never raced on that surface, and i wonder if anyone has a good starting set-up.
What tires do you use for instance?
Have anyone tried the Schumacher mini-spike tyres? I know they work well at 1/10 races.
All inputs will be appreciated
jesperolsen1972 is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 12:38 AM
  #3609  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 726
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jesperolsen1972
Hi guys

Does anyone have experience with astroturf racing?
Im going to a race at a brand new track here in Norway, and its 100% astroturf. I have never raced on that surface, and i wonder if anyone has a good starting set-up.
What tires do you use for instance?
Have anyone tried the Schumacher mini-spike tyres? I know they work well at 1/10 races.
All inputs will be appreciated
Schumacher angled spikes for long astro turf, of mini pin for short. Both used with aka insert (or any other closed cell type).

Setup:
diff f/c/r: 10.000 - 10.000 - 5.000
shock front 550 with 1.2x8, rear 450 with 1.3x8
shockangle, all in on tower, out on arms
long upperarm link
ackerman in middle
low rollcentre on front and back, 2 degrees antisquad, 21 degrees caster
limited droop settings, depending on the jumps.

If you keep having traction roll remove some outher row pins from the tires. On very dry tracks I remove the outher 2 rows and inner 2 also. Seems odd, but trust me, you will have the best acceleration ever en very high corner speeds.
Matthijs is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 01:04 AM
  #3610  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 58
Default

Yep, it's true
m.velder is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 07:48 AM
  #3611  
Tech Initiate
 
jesperolsen1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 40
Default

Originally Posted by Matthijs
Schumacher angled spikes for long astro turf, of mini pin for short. Both used with aka insert (or any other closed cell type).

Setup:
diff f/c/r: 10.000 - 10.000 - 5.000
shock front 550 with 1.2x8, rear 450 with 1.3x8
shockangle, all in on tower, out on arms
long upperarm link
ackerman in middle
low rollcentre on front and back, 2 degrees antisquad, 21 degrees caster
limited droop settings, depending on the jumps.

If you keep having traction roll remove some outher row pins from the tires. On very dry tracks I remove the outher 2 rows and inner 2 also. Seems odd, but trust me, you will have the best acceleration ever en very high corner speeds.
Great

Thank you. Now i have a starting point. I'm looking forward to try this high traction racing
jesperolsen1972 is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 10:04 AM
  #3612  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: uk
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by Matthijs
Got some new blingbling om my car (let's see who can find them), also finally the medium rear shocks, can't wait to see if I notice something different. The more I look at the bulldog body, the more I like it, especially in all white...no green for the time being...


Hi Matthijs,

Nice looking ride with the RC8 shell.

Little bit of topic but Team Orion engine are you running.
I've just SOLD my MP9 & Team Orion CRF US Ed engine.

Just got my TKI2 Kit to build but looking at new engine.

I wasnt to sure with the CRF Alpha series or the ABI versions.

What engines is Jared Tebo running at the moment is it the ABI series or the CRF ones?
carlin is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 10:08 AM
  #3613  
JG!
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
JG!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 474
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Tebo is running the CRF 7 port
JG! is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 10:09 AM
  #3614  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (76)
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,429
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Matthijs
Got some new blingbling om my car (let's see who can find them), also finally the medium rear shocks, can't wait to see if I notice something different. The more I look at the bulldog body, the more I like it, especially in all white...no green for the time being...


Im not much on one color bodies, but that actually looks pretty slick
tony montana is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 10:27 AM
  #3615  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: uk
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by JG!
Tebo is running the CRF 7 port
Do you know the model number because the Team Orion website isnt fairly up to date is it?

Seen that there is the new 5port out now
ORI80679 3.5 cm³ CRF 3.5ccm Off-Road Engine (ABC/5 port)
ORI80680 3.5 cm³ CRF 3.5ccm Off-Road Engine (ABC/5 port), set w/ pipe

But cant find any prices anywhere

Thanks
carlin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.