Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 07-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Am not so sure about anodizations but if my memory serves me right, your chassis is going to be harder then a none anodized chassis which may flex more.

Am not sure on this though...
Old 07-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by shesha
Am not so sure about anodizations but if my memory serves me right, your chassis is going to be harder then a none anodized chassis which may flex more.

Am not sure on this though...

no.... i think, and i m quite sure, that hard anodizing is only more durable... not otherthings.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

http://kyosho.fr/index.php?option=co...res&Itemid=111

there it is! the mp9e!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Key
Tech Addict

It's good to see they listened to our call but was hoping for a saddle pack configuration instead

http://www.elitercd.com/
Old 07-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

isn't this a nitro forum? anyway when is the team kit supposed to come back? or is it kaputs for a "serious" kit? has my switch to kyosho been the wrong move?

anyone have a good setup for thick blue groove conditions?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I seriously hope they will consider a new part for the front upper arm, not that I am breaking them, but alot of customers are buying them from the shop... had 20 pcs in and already sold out.....good for business but not a convincing factor for the customer buying a high end buggy.... even though KHeadz has an upgrade for it, it's a something that should not be overlooked by Kyosho....
Old 07-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by shesha
Well I seriously hope they will consider a new part for the front upper arm, not that I am breaking them, but alot of customers are buying them from the shop... had 20 pcs in and already sold out.....good for business but not a convincing factor for the customer buying a high end buggy.... even though KHeadz has an upgrade for it, it's a something that should not be overlooked by Kyosho....

new front upper arm and rear hub coming soon.
i posted it few pages ago
Old 07-08-2009, 02:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by johnny t
isn't this a nitro forum? anyway when is the team kit supposed to come back? or is it kaputs for a "serious" kit? has my switch to kyosho been the wrong move?

anyone have a good setup for thick blue groove conditions?
yes it is a nitro forum, but also a mp9 forum, don't like it, don't read it

the factory isn't producing the TKI right now, but they might be again later this year, no info on that.

why should your switch be wrong? You've got a TKI kit already, should last you long enough. The parts of this kit will still be available, no worries. Besides, the SE kit is good enough, nothing less compared to the TKI an average driver will notice while racing a season. Some wear on the anodised stuff is reported, but on my TKI kit it also wears (ball's, shocks, chassis), nothing new.

For a setup check tebo's setup on kyosho usa site, or try setting up your car yourself, you won't learn anything if you just copy a setup and don't try the differences once at a time.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matthijs

why should your switch be wrong? You've got a TKI kit already, should last you long enough.

your assuming I have a tki kit already? I have a buch of replacement parts though.

just disappointed that I decided to go kyosho and there is not a car to buy, everyone being sold out. sorry, the SE version looks like a poor deal to me.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

your assuming I have a tki kit already? I have a buch of replacement parts though.

just disappointed that I decided to go kyosho and there is not a car to buy, everyone being sold out. sorry, the SE version looks like a poor deal to me.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the SE, it can run with the best of them. The only thing I wish it had were the light weight outdrives and the hard coated chassis. I've run the car four times now and it is dialed.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You can find TKI MP9 kits for sale still if you look around. IMO, if you wanted a TKI version, why would you buy the standard grade kit expecting the TKI parts. It not less money for nothing.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

let me break it down further, you are assuming I have an MP9? I ordered a TKI thru kyosho but have not received confirmation yet, my hopes are not high. At amain and carolinas, out; infernos only, out; local stores, out ,out, ,out. I even bought an mp9 tki thru ebay and had my payment bounced back with the seller claiming out of stock.

the only thing I wish the se had were the hard coated shocks. buy the shock bodies and rear tower to make the SE what a tki is and you are paying alot more. but it looks like that is the path I am going to be taking.

lightend outdrives? you guys buy into that stuff?

here is my question. the SE has shorter rear shocks, but are the shaft lengths and subsequent travel the same? or is the SE have shorter travel in the rear?
Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

let me break it down further, you are assuming I have an MP9? I ordered a TKI thru kyosho but have not received confirmation yet, my hopes are not high. At amain and carolinas, out; infernos only, out; local stores, out ,out, ,out. I even bought an mp9 tki thru ebay and had my payment bounced back with the seller claiming out of stock.

the only thing I wish the se had were the hard coated shocks. buy the shock bodies and rear tower to make the SE what a tki is and you are paying alot more. but it looks like that is the path I am going to be taking.

lightend outdrives? you guys buy into that stuff?

here is my question. the SE has shorter rear shocks, but are the shaft lengths and subsequent travel the same? or is the SE have shorter travel in the rear?
The SE uses the M shocks and shorter tower released earlier this year for the TKI kits as an option. TKI kits use the L shocks. So no, they are not the same shafts or shock bodies. Also, check with RC Hobbies in FL. They still have the TKI MP9 kit.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

the SE have nothing less than TKI
only different pst shock.

TKI shocks ARE NOT HARD COATED

in the TKI are HARD only shock tower (useless) and chassis (only little more durable)

and.....the little alluminium ball (- some gr on the car)

other think is useless, i think SE is the same car.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

The only thing I would like my mp9 se to have from the tki is the hard anodized chassis. Other than that the rest of the stuff is just for looks. On the track my buddys tki and my se perform the same. My lap time where almost identical I just have to set up my se a little better for the track I was experementing last time. Over all though I love my mp9se and would buy it again if I had to make the decision again!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.