Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 05-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan blight
hi is anyone running the kingheads upper arms i am going to get a set but how long on average do the derlin bushes last as i want to know how may spares to buy when i order them ??
This question was asked a couple of pages back. I have a gallon on mine and they are still tight. I think another guy had a couple of gallons on his and his were fine also. Just look a couple pages back and you will find it.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
Crocket, the pic doesnt work, could you try it again?
Hi Andy - I have published it as a link to Photobucket, I just checked the photobucket site only to find you cant log in due to site maintenance.
I would suggest that once their site maintenance is complete the link to the pic will work again. If not I will re-publish

Cheers...........Dave
Old 05-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A cross comparison between rear shock tower design on the Team version versus Standard. The tower on the Standard looks to be a tad shorter.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default angled holed pistons vs straight holed pistons

Originally Posted by Megacrash
Agree with ezveedub,

i changed the pistons in my car at the rear to the angled ones and kept the same oil

the thing was like a kangaroo still driveable but no way near as good as it was ill be dropping the weight in the oil for the next race
The angled pistons have a constant hole diameter as well (i.e. same diameter on both sides of the piston)
these pistons do not affect rebound and conpress settings, what they do is increase 'pack' because the fluid has to travel through a 'longer' hole.
if you compare straight hole pistons and angled hole pistons of the same diameter, a straight holed piston works 'faster' then the angled piston cos the fluid travels through a shorter distance.
dunt know how it applies to the different track surfaces though.

I'd like to try em out but our local track is flooded out recently.

BTW, if anyone is interested in Titanium screws, I just found out that Square-RC (japan) stocks screws that can replace all the 4mm and 3mm screws. (still can't find Titanium replacements for the 2mm and 2.6mm screws though...)

Also, does anyone know where I can get Rubber seals to replace the press-in metal shields on the bearings in the MP9 kit? I love the bearings but hate the press-in shields.

-alexander
Old 05-16-2009, 02:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Photobucket is still down so I have attached the pic directly

Originally Posted by Crocket
Hi Andy - I have published it as a link to Photobucket, I just checked the photobucket site only to find you cant log in due to site maintenance.
I would suggest that once their site maintenance is complete the link to the pic will work again. If not I will re-publish

Cheers...........Dave
Originally Posted by Crocket
Hi all,
I've never liked the look of the MP9 battery/receiver box as it reminds me of a cheap RTR kit so I have done something about it.

I got a sheet of Carbon fibre graphite and made a new lid for the top of it, you have to change from hump packs to an inline receiver battery and also cut out the divider between the 2 compartments and attach some body mounts. I also have foam tape around the edge to ensure it is sealed well. It may sound like a lot of work for no real gain but looks are important right

Here is a photo of my handywork

Regards...........Dave
Attached Thumbnails Inferno MP9 thread-carbon_lid.jpg  
Old 05-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

how to achieved the arm level like the picture...

using the droop screw to do it ??
Old 05-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

If you can not achieve it by having no spaces as pre load on the shock (which am almost sure you can) then you can use the droop screw..also it depends where you want you shock position to be.. a more angled shop will lower the car a bit more since the resultant spring force is at an angle reducing the y component...

the best ways to measure the droop is by using a vernier caliper (shock length) or a right heigh gauge where you use it to measure the lenth from the gorund until the bottom of arm at the end.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

what he is refering to, is ride height.. you use spacer, or shock clips at the top of the spring, and keep addin until you get the proper ride height. you will not want to screw in your droop screws to set your ride height.. cuz then you lose down travel of the arms, which will kill you in offroad track
Old 05-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

hi guys,. i need a satup for mp9, for high grip tarack condition.

i use proline and aka tyres.

thanks all
Old 05-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HEY Crocket, what rubber air filter in let is that??? Does it keep the filter from getting smashed by the body??

Thanks Scott
Old 05-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, will the new rear diff case work on the ST-RR as well? I want to replace the complete diff, and I've been reading about the upgraded case on this thread. If so, can I please get a part # and best place to get one ASAP? Thanks!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgeezer
Hey guys, will the new rear diff case work on the ST-RR as well? I want to replace the complete diff, and I've been reading about the upgraded case on this thread. If so, can I please get a part # and best place to get one ASAP? Thanks!
No. The bulkhead and diff are a new design that only fits the MP9.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by shinnbad12
HEY Crocket, what rubber air filter in let is that??? Does it keep the filter from getting smashed by the body??

Thanks Scott
Hi Scott It is made by OFNA. amain sell them
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3828

I have always run one to keep the air filter away from the throttle and brake linkages but on the MP9 it has the added benefit of stopping the air filter rubbing the paint off the top of the body.
There still isnt that much space between the engine heat sink and the side of the body.
Cheers............Dave
Old 05-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by amonmp9
hi guys,. i need a satup for mp9, for high grip tarack condition.

i use proline and aka tyres.

thanks all
Try the kyosho website
Old 05-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Key
A cross comparison between rear shock tower design on the Team version versus Standard. The tower on the Standard looks to be a tad shorter.

The Team version has the "L" shocks, while the standard will have the "M" shocks and lower shock tower to match.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.