Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 02-13-2015, 03:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone boil the front arms on this car? They are the only thing I find that breaks, and yes it is my fault sometimes.

Wondering if it'd be worth it to boil them and still have the car handle well or if they will turn to rubber
Old 02-14-2015, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Do you guys run fuel and pressure line filters on your MP9s? Is it really necessary?
Old 02-14-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sn47som1
Do you guys run fuel and pressure line filters on your MP9s? Is it really necessary?
I would assume total preference!
Old 02-14-2015, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

And the award goes toooooooooooooooooooo
Jaron_CC for the most vague!!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The MP9 is no different from any other car on the market in reference to what youre asking. By that I mean that an inline fuel filter (such as the silver one supplied in the kit) is absolutely not necessary as the fuel tank itself has a filter built into it. But the real question or at least the question that actually matters is this: Who wants to take the risk of damaging or detonating their $300 - $650+ engine because they didn't think that an inline filter is really needed? Extra protection that a decent inline filter offers is just about worth its weight in gold - especially when one considers that there is zero or almost zero performance loss. But I did mention 'decent' inline filter, of which out MP9 kit filter only just qualifies IMHO. This is because all that's inside the silver canister, performing the filtering duties is a tiny piece of wire mesh.

With the price of the engines we run, the cost of replacing say, a p/s/r assembly and perhaps even crankshaft and bearings, I don't trust anything other than an actual, proper stone element inline filter, same style as those used on 2-stroke motocross race bikes back when they were still around (and most likely still used on current generation 4-stroke MX bikes).

FYI: the 'filter' you asked about on the exhaust pressure line is not a filter at all - at least not intended or designed to be. You'll find that most brands' ones are simply an empty canister and the better ones like the NovaRossi and maybe Integy & RB are grooved and have the appearance of a heat sink. And with extremely valid reason, because that's the actual purpose of installing this type of device in the fuel tank pressure line. It's to try and keep the fuel at as low a temp as possible for more consistent engine performance and more consistent fuel pressure going to the carb.
Originally Posted by jaron_cc
What is it you're assuming total preference for?
There's absolutely NO NEED nor desire for comments like that. If you think an answer is vague, keep it to yourself. Like I'm sure most of our parents would have told us many times over, if you haven't got anything nice to say, or at least some constructive criticism... If you don't like someone's answer or reply, have a laugh and leave it at that. There's no place in these forums for personal attacks, it just makes no valid contribution to the forum or towards furthering our understanding and enjoyment of our K cars!

Please notice that in no way did I attack you personally - rather I attacked what was said, not the person saying it. We can leave the personal insults to the 12 year olds in the school yard.

Just my $0.02 but I know for a fact that many others here, most likely the vast majority, feel the same way. Let's all try to keep the conversations on the topic of the car and not who has a vague answer - maybe it's only vague to you and perhaps most others had no issues with the reply I've quoted. Just remember, this is an RC car forum, not an English literature forum. And we like to keep everything nice and friendly.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gixer Jay
No.. The new RTR MP9's were just announced for release and they are not even available yet. With that said too Kanai also posted pictures today on Facebook of another batch of Spec-A MP9's that he was working on.

New buggy, nope not for a long while. Maybe some more updates or options though for the current MP9
Need improvement some parts.
Arms need more heavy duty design&build.
Shock tower bushing design need change instead of plastic.
Perhaps, need change receiver tray parts either.
Seriously~
Old 02-15-2015, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flux
Does anyone boil the front arms on this car? They are the only thing I find that breaks, and yes it is my fault sometimes.

Wondering if it'd be worth it to boil them and still have the car handle well or if they will turn to rubber
I've seen pic of Tebo getting his boil on. That said, its probably not necessary. Cold weather, maybe...
Old 02-15-2015, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

When it dips into the low 50's high 40's on winter nights at our club races arms do become more brittle. Accidents that normally wouldn't snap the arm do. Boiling definately helps. Either Tebo or King's dad explained there method once that I remember. Boil water. Take water off the heat. Drop arms in. Take them out after 15 min.

More or less time would probably make them more or less stiff, but I've only done it for 15 min.

Boiled arms on a 75*F day would probably take away from the cars intended handling. It's still better than a DNF due to a broken arm though if you crash a lot.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
Heeeeyyy! I thought that was funny LoL
Old 02-15-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone find the shock bladders tend to get "soft" after use for a couple days.
I am using the older thicker ones. I find that when they are new and installed the bladders will rebound or hold their position if I push on them with my finger. Once they are used and I rebuild them, they get soft and won't hold their shape. I push in them and they stay pushed in towards the shock cap.

Anyone else experience this or have any cures?
Old 02-15-2015, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO
Heeeeyyy! I thought that was funny LoL
Only reason I wrote what I did is because I remember the bad ol days when this forum turned into a barrage of insults and stupidity when this type of thing got one person pissed then they'd make a return insult, then someone else altogether would add to the slanging match and it goes downhill quickly from there.

Also, there is a much friendlier, more polite way of saying things, like "that was a bit vague, what exactly do you mean?" rather than "award goes toooooooo ... for being vague!!". To me, that just seems a bit much. You and others might have found it funny, but did Jaron also see the humour in the comment?

Anyway, I'll shut up about it now and just reiterate that we should just try to keep everything RC related and not start giving out awards for being vague. Coz then, who knows, maybe someone feels the need to give out an award for most stupid comment, dumbest comment or whatever. That's where I'm coming from.

K, I'm now stepping down from my soapbox.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

^^ It was a joke, I was being funny, as the other person comprehended. You have no sense of humor. Its guys like you who make a forum more boring. Please never post like you did again. Do you really wanna be that guy? Theres no room for a "that guy" in here for reminding others about forum etiquette anymore. Its SOOOOO old really......do not preach forum etiquette
Old 02-16-2015, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

So you're telling me not to preach forum etiquette - exactly what is it you think you just did? Isn't your comment just what you're saying not to do? So which is it?

I'll be any guy I like. I could care less if you think I'm making the forum boring, I'm interested in rc cars, not crap like this. If you were around when it for out of control a year or two ago, you'd know where I'm coming from.

Say whatever you like, I've made my point and explained my reasons and won't be continuing this pointless back and forth crap. That's the last of it from me. Who am I? Oh right, according to you I'm "that guy", that's who.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Please guys, put it to bed. These forums are about sharing information related to the subject listed in the top of the thread. We are better than that.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

My last post was not for intention to be replied to- that was his mistake.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.