Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Inferno MP9 thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Reply

Old 01-04-2014, 04:13 PM
  #16246  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 141
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Do you have a rough release date and part #?

Originally Posted by Drip View Post
There is one being released by kyosho and will be available shortly
RiPPeN302 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:39 PM
  #16247  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 577
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Not an exact date but very soon. I would hold off until the release the plastic one will work perfectly until then.
Drip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:15 PM
  #16248  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Had a question about bump steer. None of the setup sheets mention that. How to get rid of it? I tried adding washers but my hudy system still showed steering changes on compression and rebound. Any set methods for such and such caster spacers under plate and over steering knuckle?

Also the aluminum plate and the steering arms (servo saver and the plastic one) are a bit sloppy. I built the rack with the provided spacers, do I need to add more of my own?
aloksatoor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:19 AM
  #16249  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: My house.
Posts: 3,521
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Had a question about bump steer. None of the setup sheets mention that. How to get rid of it? I tried adding washers but my hudy system still showed steering changes on compression and rebound. Any set methods for such and such caster spacers under plate and over steering knuckle?

Also the aluminum plate and the steering arms (servo saver and the plastic one) are a bit sloppy. I built the rack with the provided spacers, do I need to add more of my own?
You can't get rid of it on 1/8th buggies. You can minimize it though, I recommend spacing the Ackerman bar up giving less bump steer getting into corners.
30Tooth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:12 AM
  #16250  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
You can't get rid of it on 1/8th buggies. You can minimize it though, I recommend spacing the Ackerman bar up giving less bump steer getting into corners.
I have gotten rid of it on my tekno sct 410 and the xb9 before. It was late and was racing the next day so could not experiment. I drove it without the spacers and it seems way better than my xb9 ever did hahah. So you are saying put spacers under the ackerman plate where the track rod attaches? Or somewhere else?

My basic understanding was to try to make the track rod parallel to the lower arm so it does not push or pull the wheel through the suspensions full motion.
aloksatoor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:58 PM
  #16251  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,916
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
I have gotten rid of it on my tekno sct 410 and the xb9 before. It was late and was racing the next day so could not experiment. I drove it without the spacers and it seems way better than my xb9 ever did hahah. So you are saying put spacers under the ackerman plate where the track rod attaches? Or somewhere else?

My basic understanding was to try to make the track rod parallel to the lower arm so it does not push or pull the wheel through the suspensions full motion.
I have done this on my old D8 before when it had bump out. The car felt much better after getting it to neutral. On the MP9, I don't see much bump steer overall, not enough to warrant an adjustment.
inpuressa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:14 PM
  #16252  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Ok I will recheck my front setup again. Because I must have missed something, mines giving a lot of bump steer on compression.
aloksatoor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:47 PM
  #16253  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,212
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RiPPeN302 View Post
Who is using an aluminum throttle/brake servo horn? Kyosho makes one for steering, but I cannot find one for throttle/brake. Would like to find 2 that match.
It is for a Ko Propo servo.
Why would you want to use a metal servo horn for the brakes/throttle? Never seen any top pros using them, and definitely no one from the factory sponsored Kyosho teams in the US or Australia uses metal horns for brakes/throttle. It just isn't needed whatsoever. Cody didn't use one to win his WC and Tebo also had the plastic servo horn at that race too.

Something to think about before you go looking for a part which really isn't needed. Just my 2cents worth.
aaron125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:59 PM
  #16254  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 577
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
Why would you want to use a metal servo horn for the brakes/throttle? Never seen any top pros using them, and definitely no one from the factory sponsored Kyosho teams in the US or Australia uses metal horns for brakes/throttle. It just isn't needed whatsoever. Cody didn't use one to win his WC and Tebo also had the plastic servo horn at that race too.

Something to think about before you go looking for a part which really isn't needed. Just my 2cents worth.
Yuichi kanai the designer of the kyosho inferno mp9 tki3 is using one and has designed one that looks just like the plastic one. It is to increase feel and response of the throttle and brake.
Drip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:38 AM
  #16255  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: My house.
Posts: 3,521
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
I have gotten rid of it on my tekno sct 410 and the xb9 before. It was late and was racing the next day so could not experiment. I drove it without the spacers and it seems way better than my xb9 ever did hahah. So you are saying put spacers under the ackerman plate where the track rod attaches? Or somewhere else?

My basic understanding was to try to make the track rod parallel to the lower arm so it does not push or pull the wheel through the suspensions full motion.
Not under where the rod attaches to the plate, it's where the plate attaches to the servo saver arm, so you are spacing the plate up. This adjustment is easier on 2wd buggies and TC sedans because they're designed to be adjustable that's what I meant

While we're at it, should the steering linkage be parallel to the ground or the arm?
30Tooth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:59 PM
  #16256  
Guest
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: south fulton tn
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I need help! I have a set of white tapered pistons out of a box stock tki3. Does anyone know what they are??
kyoshoracer77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:17 PM
  #16257  
Guest
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: south fulton tn
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

D post
kyoshoracer77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:12 PM
  #16258  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (40)
 
ben73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,757
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kyoshoracer77 View Post
I need help! I have a set of white tapered pistons out of a box stock tki3. Does anyone know what they are??
1.4mm x 8 hole
ben73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:53 AM
  #16259  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (88)
 
BMenard17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Port, FL
Posts: 6,705
Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kyoshoracer77 View Post
I need help! I have a set of white tapered pistons out of a box stock tki3. Does anyone know what they are??
If they are straight hole then they are most likely 1.3x8. Check the manual for a part number but I just built a mp9e and it came with the 1.3x8
BMenard17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:51 AM
  #16260  
Tech Apprentice
 
simon0721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 55
Default New kyosho readyset

After the MP9 TKI 3 readyset, Kyosho is about to release also the MP9e TKI readyset. Part no. 30877T1. I think it will be avaiable soon.
simon0721 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service