TQ Racing SX8

Old 09-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Go get 'em Carlos. I'll try and get my full set up posted today. I've been supa busy.
Good luck!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

We'll I made it to NC, go to pick Billy up in about an hour.... what a long day... friggin babies screamin in my ear the whole way here.... funny how I book my ticket for the 10th row and when I get my boarding pass I'm in the 32nd row..... #@!?$#@@ bastards....

Anyway, track looks awesome.... we're off to club race tomorrow night at a local place to get motors tuned and try a couple things on the car.... I'll post again tomorrow night. Its friggin hot and humid here.... hope it mellows out a bit next week.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Carlos, how did practice and quals go?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
We'll I made it to NC, go to pick Billy up in about an hour.... what a long day... friggin babies screamin in my ear the whole way here.... funny how I book my ticket for the 10th row and when I get my boarding pass I'm in the 32nd row..... #@!?$#@@ bastards....

Anyway, track looks awesome.... we're off to club race tomorrow night at a local place to get motors tuned and try a couple things on the car.... I'll post again tomorrow night. Its friggin hot and humid here.... hope it mellows out a bit next week.
Airlines Suck! Cool thanks for keeping us posted

Originally Posted by jrock32
Carlos, how did practice and quals go?
Practice was good.....Ended up taking steering out of the car both in setup and electronicaly through expo on my transmitter.. which really smoothed the car out. I wanted to test diff oils but just never had time running both buggy and truggy..

heat one - hit the wall, popped the adjustement insert out off the front hinge pin brace...toasted the front rear brace and locked the steering...

heat two switched to bowties.... they watered the track right before my heat... it was like a slip and slide until later in the heat and I was pretty hooked up..humidity changed engine tune and was running pretty ritch..... Should have some video to post of this heat.

3rd heat switched to GRP cubic tires, and changed rear toe to 3.5, leaned it out some, track was dry and grooved and the car was hooked up was running on a rail ....... the best the car has felt to me since I've had it and ........................glow plug quit w/30sec. left in the heat... tough day...

Mains tomorrow ... I'm in the B for sure.... 25min - the A's are 45min. I'm leaving the car as is and hope to make the bump!

More to come.........
Old 09-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Hi guys, today was pretty good.... we went and club raced at NVR which is where everyone went to get motors dialed and work on setup alittle. We ended up qualified 6th in the A with the car driving "ok". We made a couple changes before main and it was money... we ended up in first on the second or third lap and had a good lead... one bobble and we were in third but still haulin. after the first pit stop we were back into second and battling with Lutz. we swapped bobbles for a few laps and ended up in third, about a straight behind first. a couple minutes after the first pit we were lapping 4th place . Just before the second pit we blew a clutch bearing and that ended our day.

The car is good... Lutz posted a 31.9 fastest lap for the day and we posted a 32.1. Our car is more consistent and not "strapped" to turn our fast laps, we feel good going into the week knowing we could of easily won the "worlds clube race" There were lots of guys that are A main finalists anywhere in the world in the D and E mains... I'm confident our car is good going into this week

I should have some pics from today up later tonight or maybe tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Here's a few.....
Attached Thumbnails TQ Racing SX8-dsc09003small.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-dsc09039small.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-dsc09057small.jpg  
Old 09-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (96%+)

Great news Tony! Awesome pics as well! Good luck out their guys!

I noticed notches on one of my rear out drives after a gallon, has anyone else had this? i could see notches on both but only on one of my out drives
Old 09-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Glad to race with you and billy today tony good luck at worlds.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have noticed some wear on the rear outdrives after about a gallon too. Does ya'lls gas tank lid seal ok? Mine doesnt seem to have that "suction" like some tanks do. Other than that, the car is great!
Good luck Tony and Billy! Give'em hell boys!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (96%+)

ive had no issues with the fuel tank! eveything has been doing great with the car!
Old 09-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcejk
Great news Tony! Awesome pics as well! Good luck out their guys!

I noticed notches on one of my rear out drives after a gallon, has anyone else had this? i could see notches on both but only on one of my out drives
I have noticed that too!!.. I also notice that the right drive shaft does not go in as far as the left...
Old 09-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...uggy-sale.html

Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Well Sunday's race was tough. Thought I made the B - Main but ended up Qualifying 2nd in the C - Main... Finished 3rd and missed the bump. At the very least my lap times continue to improve so I'm glad for that. It was a very tough class lots fast guys..

Here are a few videos from my qual runs. They are uncut for the most part, bobbles, flips, and crashes.

Heat 1 - I was running decent and the car felt good before that dang wall got in my way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiLJ5HWffcg

Heat 2 - They had just soaked the track you can see water standing and I'm not sure the M3 bowties were the right choice here..... recent cloud cover and a change in humidity made my engine pretty boggy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM8o7DANJlU
Old 09-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Default Worlds Parts

The car looks good I think we will have some goodies after the worlds that will help the team out even more.

Billy is working with some new parts right know nothing majior just things that will make the car better.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Cool. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.