Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Don Tilley Race for the Cure at Charlotte Motorsports Park

Alberto and Liam, it was great meeting you both. People, Liam is wicked fast, and with a little more wheel time he will eventually be one of the top competitors in the Carolinas. The weekly racing now going on at the old Farm2 track will only help. He's got good racer's ettiquete also, volunteering to track marshal a 45min main right before his own race. Very impressive!

The cars were great in the hot weather. I had some tough luck in the quals, so I started 11th in the main. However by the end of my first tank, I had pulled up 2nd place. Unfortunately that took too much rubber and fuel, so I had to pit a little early, adding one extra stop to my fuel strategy. I think that was the difference between my 4th place result and a podium finish. It probably didn't help that my front left proline revolver tire busted a foam insert about mid way through the race, allowing excessive ballooning. (When will they get those foams right?) I'm setting my car up for AKA tires and foams from now on.

Thank you Alberto for the quick pit help, and for the spur gear. I'll get you a replacement spur and t-shirt for Liam as soon as possible. It was a great time. I'll see you guys in Charlotte for next month's ECNS race.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Luther ygm
Old 04-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RoyJ
Alberto and Liam, it was great meeting you both. People, Liam is wicked fast, and with a little more wheel time he will eventually be one of the top competitors in the Carolinas. The weekly racing now going on at the old Farm2 track will only help. He's got good racer's ettiquete also, volunteering to track marshal a 45min main right before his own race. Very impressive!

The cars were great in the hot weather. I had some tough luck in the quals, so I started 11th in the main. However by the end of my first tank, I had pulled up 2nd place. Unfortunately that took too much rubber and fuel, so I had to pit a little early, adding one extra stop to my fuel strategy. I think that was the difference between my 4th place result and a podium finish. It probably didn't help that my front left proline revolver tire busted a foam insert about mid way through the race, allowing excessive ballooning. (When will they get those foams right?) I'm setting my car up for AKA tires and foams from now on.

Thank you Alberto for the quick pit help, and for the spur gear. I'll get you a replacement spur and t-shirt for Liam as soon as possible. It was a great time. I'll see you guys in Charlotte for next month's ECNS race.

We'll see you there Roy. I'm glad I was able to help.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by brian kadow
Sluggo:

I run 40 wt Losi oil in front with full droop stock positions
35 wt Losi in rear 1/16 from full droop stock positions
rear hubs all the way forward
3000 front diff
5000 center diff
2000 rear diff

Good luck and have fun.

Any other questions let us know.
Thanks Brian that helps alot!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Disel760
Liam will be going hopefully to bigger races before he gose away for the summer. He'll only run in the Pro class after this weekends show, where are you guys at? Might be going up to King in NC to hang out with Roy J in a few weeks.

Roy J and Liam put on a good show here in Charlotte this weekend for TQ racing and the SX-8. People here are starting to notice the SX-8 and take the car serious. Poeple were comeing up to me all weekend
asking about the SX-8 and how old Liam was. I told them all about the SX-8 and where they can buy one
RC Procenter. Liam has been running the car since Feb.2008 till now one of the best cars on the market.
People were wondering what kind of buggy was out turning all those MBX-6's and Losi's no shows on MP9's I think I had one of the only Kyosho's there.It's really funning how people kept asking what kind of cars are those LOL.
we are out of alabama....hope to see you at one of our events... i will keep ya posted
Old 04-29-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Good luck to all that's going to the WireGrass race. When you hear a country song, just think of me.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

when is the new tq site ever gonna come up?
Old 04-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

We are two weeks out on the sight
Old 05-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Well the old site is woking. That's better than nothing.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Well i had a chance to get my sx8 on a track today. Just to let you know this is my very first nitro buggy and first time ever on a track. Lets start by saying I had more fun today then I ever did with my dirt bikes lol. I bashed this buggy so bad it was not funny. I mean I missed the quad almost every time and bashed the car into the face and it never broke, bent or twisted anything!!!!!!

It is setup up stock from the book so there is some tweaking to be done but I am very happy with the sx8. I went and got another one that I am starting the build on tonight! Now I can't wait for my tq fuel to come in lol!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Sluggo - It's cool that you like it. It's a fun buggy to drive. It will only get better once you have it a while and start tweaking it to the way you want it to handle. Don't be scared to try different set ups to see what it does. Have fun with it.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default electric sx8?

ok I have a sx8 I bought last year. wanna make it electric. ? is does anyone know of a converstion kit. or one that will work. this will be my first electric 1/8. so I would love any help I can get. please pm me if u have converted one and give me the info thanks
Old 05-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mixedguy
ok I have a sx8 I bought last year. wanna make it electric. ? is does anyone know of a converstion kit. or one that will work. this will be my first electric 1/8. so I would love any help I can get. please pm me if u have converted one and give me the info thanks
Contact Mike at RC-monster, he makes motor mounts and battery trays for pretty much everything.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chill_Will
Sluggo - It's cool that you like it. It's a fun buggy to drive. It will only get better once you have it a while and start tweaking it to the way you want it to handle. Don't be scared to try different set ups to see what it does. Have fun with it.

Ya I am going to start playing with the setups this weekend. I was handling the large jumps good today but the woops where killing me everytime. They kept flipping nose over. I will plug you guys for info as I need it

Thanks!!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Debut for the SX8T Prototype today at a local race and it was a win
This truck is tough and jumps great, also turned a few heads in the pits.
This will be a great truck, similar to the buggy, another great bang for buck product from TQ.

Hotmod 367
9901 pipe
ace 1015's
sr3001
panther gators
5/7/3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.