Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Hot Bodies Buggy!!??????? >

New Hot Bodies Buggy!!???????

New Hot Bodies Buggy!!???????

Old 05-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (96%+)

Check out the new buggy! it looks so good! i cant wait to be picking one of these up!

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/d8/
Old 05-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Wow.....it looks all new. Beautiful big bore shocks, new arms, new upper arms, new steering holder, new ackerman arm, new c-hub, new plastic knuckles, new shock towers, new plastic chassis braces, vertical mounted steering servo, separate radio and battery box, new fuel tank, new plastic side guards, new engine mount, new brake rotor material...... and a beautiful OS Speed sitting in it!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default good

Big props to the designers and testers at Hot Bodies car looks awsome.
cant wait to get mine.
later Jeremy
Old 05-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It has been very interesting to see the prototypes over the last year and to see the final version. Some of the features have been used, and some haven't.

With the way the team has looked over the last 6 months, it looks like they are headed in the right direction.

Good luck HB!!!!!

Colin
Old 05-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 05-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Thank you for putting those pics up Speedy, I couldn't figure out how to do it.

There you have it folks, the first pics are finally up and I can't believe how stoked I am about this car. If you're looking for something cool to do you should check out the video interview with the designer Josh Alton on our website. To see it just click the small folder that says "top secret" on the right side of the screen, or you can go to redrc.net which has a link.

The pics are "prototype" as some of the colors will probably change, but none of them will be purple........Can you believe it!?

There will be more to come on the D8, but if you have any questions/comments I'll do my best to answer them (provided my puppet masters allow me to) j/k
Old 05-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Features
New suspension and chassis design
Optimized Suspension Geometry to attack the rigors of the new age 1/8th scale tracks.
Centralized Weight Distribution provides superb balance with increased transitional agility.
HB Certified Body
intimidate the competition with a sleek, no nonsense body that is sure to turn heads.
Jumbo Sized Wheels
Grab a larger piece of turf with the D8’s Maxed out wheel dimensions. The largest wheels allowed under ROAR rules, these puppies will put more of your tread on the ground so you can put more of your rivals behind you.
Colossal 16mm Big Bore Shocks
The Super-sized shock package is the largest in its class allowing the D8 to recover from the roughest of landings. Whether you’re making a big-air jump pass in the main or taking a flying leap over a building the D8's 16mm Big Bore’s will allow you to jump, and land with confidence
*We do not recommend jumping over buildings.
4mm chassis
The staunch 4mm 7075 Aluminum chassis is designed to withstand any barrage of obstacles on today’s mammoth outdoor tracks. 10 degrees of kick up compliments the suspension package to get the D8 across the finish line ahead of everyone else.
New fuel tank with proven HPI Baja 5B clunk design
Utilizing 1/5th scale technology the D8 implements a new clunk design which will use every drop of fuel whether you’re racing to the line, or upside down waiting for a marshal.
One piece radio tray
The one piece tray allows for easy maintenance as it can be removed in one section when you need to clean the dirt off your ride.
One piece engine mounts
A rock solid single piece mount makes removal and installation of your engine as easy as removing 4 screws. The one piece design allows you to set the gear mesh once and not worry about adjustments during maintenance.
Low profile air filter
The new slammed look of the filter not only looks pro, but provides a larger surface area for your engine to breath through.
Captured Hinge Pins
Throw away those pesky E-clips and revel in the D8’s captured hinge-pin design. Each pin is secured using button head screws, giving you the ultimate in durability and ease of maintenance.
epoxy brakediscs with both rods above the centersupport area

4.3:1 internal gear ratio
5x11mm clutch bearings

Dimensions:
Chassis Length (from Bumper to rear wing end) no tire: 500mm
Width: 305mm
Wheelbase: 328-331mm
Kit Weight: 3.5kg (7.7lbs) with racing gear
Drive System: 4WD Shaft System

Last edited by speedy2; 05-15-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Rookie

This thing looks SICK!!!!!!!!! Ill get one for sure.

Lets start a waiting list. If you want the D8 copy the post before yours and sign below!

1. Monster Addict (Terry Adams)
Old 05-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

I suppose the receiver battery is located
below the rounded tray in front of the steering servo ??
Old 05-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Looks great, glad there will be no purple on it. How much will it be? And how will it come ARR, kit? I am looking at getting My 1st buggy soon been running truggy and 10th scale electric for a while. Got the truggy because people said they are easier to drive. But now I want a buggy too.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Speedy- You are correct.

Malik- The price will be finalized in the next couple days...I can tell you that it is extremely attractive. The buggy will come in kit form so that everyone can build it to their specifications without disassembling it first.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:06 PM
JQ
Tech Master

will the final version look any different to that? It said prototype on a pic I saw
Old 05-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

It says prototype because there will be some changes to color and just in case a minor mod comes up at the last second. It's mostly so that we can change the towers to the hardened finish (same as the shocks) and things of that nature.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

wow those hub carriers look awefully small....

And nobody has said, "wow, it look like a Losi clone"...even though the Losi Fanboys said it unmercifully about the 808....
Old 05-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

The hub carriers are good, I've been running them for awhile. The car's geometry doesn't match a Losi (or any other car) when measured. I can see how it could look similar, but it's actually very different.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.