Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Hot Bodies Buggy!!??????? >

New Hot Bodies Buggy!!???????

New Hot Bodies Buggy!!???????

Old 05-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ok guys ask and you shall receive. Here is my setup. However, keep in mind I am running 22* kyosho hubs, Losi Big Bores shocks, and a modified upper camber link setup.

FRONT:
Losi 55 piston and 35 weight at night and 40wt during daytime seesions.
Silver rear springs
Middle hole upper position on tower
Inside on arm
-1* front camber
Middle hole on Kyosho hubs
5,000 diff oil

CENTER:
Brake bias 70rear/30front
5,000 diff oil

REAR:
Losi 56 pistons with 32 1/2 weight
White springs
Middle hole on upper position on tower
Middle hole on special rear arm mount that I dremeled from a sheet of 4mm grpahite
Inside hole on hub
Middle hole on outside of tower
-1.5* camber
Hubs all the way forward
1,000 Diff oil

Wing positioned forward and down.

Also I was told by Mr. Felles himself that plastic hubs help the car but I have yet to try it.

Motor:
Werks B7
(3) 7075 aluminum clutch shoes
1.0 springs
13t clutchbell
JP3 or RB2045 pipe
Old 05-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Ok here is my setup for a stock evo
FRONT:
1.5 pistons with 35wt oil
White springs
-1 camber
With the upper a-arm setup I ran the stock 3* degree upper block then switched to a 0* upper block and it really smoothed out the steering on a slick low bite track.
All shock mounting positions are the same
5000 diff oil

CENTER:
Same brake bias 70/30
7000 diff oil

REAR:
1.4 pistons with 27 1/2wt oil
White springs
-1.5 camber
Same shock mountings positions
Bottom camber link hole on rear hub
Inside middle camber on the tower
Hubs forward
3000 diff oil

Note: this setup allows the rear end to be slightly loose. This was my regular setup because I run mostly on super highbite blue groove tracks.

If anyone what so ever has a question please feel free to ask and or pm me. Thanks
Marcus
Old 05-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Black- Thanks for taking the time to post those, that is great information.

Regarding the plastic rear hubs; I strongly recommend this change. It gives the car more overall grip and allows you to drive harder out of the turns. Just be sure to run your hinge pin in the top hole in the hub.

Here is the part #HBC8008
Old 05-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Lightning pro 2 pics

Hey Black,Did you recieve the pics of my buggy I shot you?The setup is awesome and it wins races! I always have guys at my pit table asking ?'s few guys want to buy a Lightning.Shoot me some pics of yours.
Thanks,xxxrcnitro
Old 05-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

XXXRCNITRO- yeah man I got the pics and the car looks amazing.

I am about to send you some of my car. thanks again for the pics.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Buggy pics

Originally Posted by Black View Post
XXXRCNITRO- yeah man I got the pics and the car looks amazing.

I am about to send you some of my car. thanks again for the pics.
Great setup why did'nt I think of that! Thanks for the pics!I was wondering if you had that front upper aluminum suspension pin brace laying around that you want to get rid of ? I clipped a turn during one of my qualifiers and snaped mine right below the pin.The only thing that has ever broke during a race!I still took the Main wich says alot about this buggy!Since I have the King Headz kick up,I do not need the lower brace wich comes with the set If I were to buy them.If you have one shoot me an PM,and we will talk.
Thanks again and that car of yours is some inovation.
Thanks, xxxrcnitro

Last edited by xxxrcnitro; 05-09-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

OK guys well I had another great weekend of racing with the HB Evo and I have to say with Kyosho 22* hubs the car was much smoother. I ran at my local track this weekend with some SUPER fast guys and had an absolute blast. The track is somewhat small but extremely fast and you are always on the wheel. Also the track is bluegrooved but had a very very heavy layer of dust on this past Saturday. I stayed with my same setup as posted before except I went to #54 pistons in the front with 45wt oil. I did this to get rid of a slight onpower push. I am sure the car would have been even better if I would have changed to 7,000 in the center diff and 3,000 in the rear but time wasn't in my favor! Just thought I would drop a line on a few minor changes that I made. Good luck guys.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool New Werks Engine

OK guys well I had another great weekend of racing with the HB Evo and I have to say with Kyosho 22* hubs the car was much smoother. I ran at my local track this weekend with some SUPER fast guys and had an absolute blast. The track is somewhat small but extremely fast and you are always on the wheel. Also the track is bluegrooved but had a very very heavy layer of dust on this past Saturday. I stayed with my same setup as posted before except I went to #54 pistons in the front with 45wt oil. I did this to get rid of a slight onpower push. I am sure the car would have been even better if I would have changed to 7,000 in the center diff and 3,000 in the rear but time wasn't in my favor! Just thought I would drop a line on a few minor changes that I made. Good luck guys.
What's up I Just bought another used werks b-7 engine from Ebay.I do this alot! Send in the piston/sleeve for resizing ,replace bearings, inspect o-rings,replace front and main bearings,replace conrods.I revive a 7+ gallon engine and sell them to my friends and local racers. I can do all of this for the fraction of the price and all of my friends and fellow racers love me! These engines I swear by great linear power with a Jp3 pipe and Byrons 20%.
I do have a question for you though how do I manage to pick up sponsership? What and were do I need to attend and what are the quals?
Thanks and keep running Hotbodies (Thanks for looking at my buggy).
[email protected]
Old 05-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

xxxrcnitro- Man you really got me on this one. Well, not in a sense that I can't answer but in a sense of giving you the best answer possible. I have already typed 3 or so responses and didn't feel like they answered your question completely. So here we go again, hahaha

But as far as being sponsored, I would compile a racing resume and send it to companies that you stand by. Also another thing is that you have to have good clean fun while racing and be willing to chat and goof off with anyone and everyone. So if you can compile a resume with good results from a Pro-Series Race, State Championship race, Regionals, Annual nitro events, etc., send it in and hope for the best. Just remember sponsored or not our main objective is to have FUN!!!

Take Jeremy Felles for example, that man goes to races and pits for alot of people, announces, races, and volunteers to cornermarshall. Not only does he do that but he gets on quite a few forms and discusses r/c products and helps EVERYONE regardless if they are running his products or not. He is the type of person that every company looks for. Plus good results never hurt either!!!

Hope I was able to point you in the right direction.
Marcus
Old 05-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Marcus you're making me blush.

I heard we received an important package today at HB. I'm dying to know what it is.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Some more information (not much I'm afraid): http://www.redrc.net/2008/05/hot-bod...buggy-preview/
Old 05-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Jeremy I'm expecting a phone call!!! ASAP!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

xxxrcnitro- Man you really got me on this one. Well, not in a sense that I can't answer but in a sense of giving you the best answer possible. I have already typed 3 or so responses and didn't feel like they answered your question completely. So here we go again, hahaha

But as far as being sponsored, I would compile a racing resume and send it to companies that you stand by. Also another thing is that you have to have good clean fun while racing and be willing to chat and goof off with anyone and everyone. So if you can compile a resume with good results from a Pro-Series Race, State Championship race, Regionals, Annual nitro events, etc., send it in and hope for the best. Just remember sponsored or not our main objective is to have FUN!!!

Take Jeremy Felles for example, that man goes to races and pits for alot of people, announces, races, and volunteers to cornermarshall. Not only does he do that but he gets on quite a few forms and discusses r/c products and helps EVERYONE regardless if they are running his products or not. He is the type of person that every company looks for. Plus good results never hurt either!!!

Hope I was able to point you in the right direction.
Marcus
Black, I totally agree with all of your suggestions.My main goal is to be able to have fun while working.I love R/C and I smoke the comp. at a club level wich bores me to tears.I'm going to hit my first pro races at the St.Louis dirtburners this year.My wife supports me but also brings to my attention that I'll be gone alot. I'ts just going to be a desicion of what is priority and how much support I will get?
xxxrcnitro
Old 05-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

So the new buggy will be called the D8. What a boring name. I will miss the 'Lightning' name.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Ken- The Lightning series of names made it difficult for hobby shops to order parts because there were so many HB "Lightnings." After doing the research (a la Tom Cruise) it was determined that a new name would be needed that wouldn't confuse the shops and make it easier to carry our equipment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.