Wiki Posts
Search

Hyper 7 pbs help

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Hyper 7 pbs help

I just inherited through a friend a hyper 7 buggy. I've been wanting to get into 1/8th scale racing but usually when i get into i go all out, and i just haven't had the money. So what i'm looking to do is put a new motor in this thing, clean it up and run it. So i have a few questions before i start buying stuff.

What motor should i buy, i really don't wanna spend over $200, i was kinda looking at the Axial motors and the LRP motors. What do you guys reccomend?

Next question is about shocks. What kinda shock oils do you guys run in these? How do i know when to change it to something lighter/heavier?(i'm new to offroad)
Old 04-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For under $200 everyone here is going to tell you to get a Go 3 port motor. Plus not to mention the Axial, and LRP motors are .28 sized motors. For sanctioned 1/8th scale buggy racing the largest motor you can have is a .21.

As far as the Hyper 7 goes awesome buggy, tough as hell, and dont let people tell you that you need the newest and most expensive buggy and electronics out there. I won the sportsman class this weekend against a bunch of guys running Mugens, RC8, and 8ights with my hyper 7 and mine was by far the most budget minded car out there.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

On my stock hyper 7 shocks i was running 50wt up front and 40 in the rear, allot of guys run 60 in the front but i don't like that much steering. I should mention that i have the C-hub suspension version, not the PBS.

I have just purchased a full set of Hyper ST pro shocks (14mm) that i plan on putting on the buggy tonight, wanted the newer shocks because of the larger bore, and I am hoping that over the duration of a 20 min main that they will be a lil bit more consistent than the little twigs of shocks it has on it from the factory.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

where do i find this 3 port motor? I'm not to sure i'll be running any orgainzed races just local... BUT who knows that might change, so i might as well start legit.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Look for the Go Tech engines thread in this forum, its in this nitro off-road section. Just tell the guys you need a motor and tell them your price range. One of the dealers will hit you up.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177028

Theres the link to the thread.